Ya but Eric, I heard from unnamed sources it traveled in an enclosed trailer hauled by a John Deere tractor. Only taken out the trailer for photo shoots? Can't be.:Biggrin:

Waiting to see the travelogue.:Cheers2:
Darn that Graham.... The John Deere was down the block from his house Murray so he wouldn't see it..... little did I know he would be in his toy room peeking out the window.... and little did I know that my tractor driver would be attracting attention to himself either....

reverse-1369674187_tree_beats_tractor_driver.gif

If one buys an extended warranty, "piece of mind" is priceless. You sleep a lot better and can also have much more enjoyment with your new vehicle once it is off-the-lot. I have bought warranties three times in my lifetime of buying 12 new personal GM vehicles (for my 2nd, 3rd and 5th buy). Our history of the two most serious out-of-warranty issues were resolved to our satisfaction with another strategy. At time of purchase, we make a point of being introduced to the Dealership General, Sales and Service Department Managers (the big wheels) and get their business cards. We also never pass at the opportunity, should it exist, of being introduced to Dealership Ownership. These people must never be too busy to turn down our request at the point-of-sale. Then we never service anywhere other than at a GM Dealership and keep all the receipts (that's the price of this warranty). You become recognized as a valued customer at Dealerships and have the documents for GM to take a "valued" repeat customer issue seriously. We have since found it very hard to buy anything other than GM vehicles due to the resolve of an '86 (sunbird) and a '13 (acadia) issue. So, at our recent point-of-purchase for a 2016 Z51 3LT, we bought the 3M "protection" and a GM Stingray Winter Car Cover (because the logo looks awesome on it). But for many "piece of mind" extended warranty is my recommendation if you are not warm to the old-school principle of getting to know everyone by name at the Dealership and keeping up the appearances at service time. If I find a wheel barrow full of money ... I just might splurge on an added warranty by Christmas after which I am personally good to chance it and let-it-roll!

The dealership is offering a 5 year extended warranty (upgrade from the regular 3 yr; apparently covers everything...according to them) for $1920 plus tax. Any experience out there whether it's worth it? It's our first vette. Not planning on putting too many kms/yr on it, or holding onto the vehicle for more than 4-5 years.

Maybe a little late, but better late than never. We purchased the 5 year 100 k warranty, and for $100 extra at the end if we don't use it we get back all our money and tax from warranty. Yes its true we did same on our 2008 . Peace of mind and a win-win situation.

Reactions: YFCvii
The dealership is offering a 5 year extended warranty (upgrade from the regular 3 yr; apparently covers everything...according to them) for $1920 plus tax. Any experience out there whether it's worth it? It's our first vette. Not planning on putting too many kms/yr on it, or holding onto the vehicle for more than 4-5 years.I would if it was me for peace of mind

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.