2023 Z06
Province
NB
Enough said. Dealer in California

Attachments

• iOS Image - 1568355367.png
    iOS Image - 1568355367.png
    664.2 KB · Views: 49
This answers my previous question...it was a GM dealership that was working on the C8:

Awesome, trained GM mechanics! Glad to see they put the safety wheel chocks behind the rear wheels once it fell off the lift. Reminds me of a story of when I brought my Avalanche into Western GMC for a brake fluid flush and they forgot to put the master cylinder cap back on when they were done. I went to pick it up brake fluid covered the drivers fender and the entire engine compartment. They put the cap back on once it was back in the yard waiting for pickup. So much air in the lines at that point that it had no brakes whatsoever when I tried to move it. I totally lost it on the service manager. They did finally clean it up halfass and reflushed and bled the brake system. I told the service manager that would be the very last time they ever work on any of my vehicles ever again. I still get service reminders to date. So many owners never see what actually goes on with their vehicles behind closed doors. I have heard some great stories. Factory trained technicians, taking pride with their work, awesome!!!
:ROFL:

• Wow
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Every business out there is the same. There are workers that take that pride in workmanship and those that don't care one iota. The major difference is the ownership and management. If they care about that pride, the loser workers go down the road once identified. Unfortunately, the bigger the business, the bottom line is all that counts, and loser workers make them more money that no workers. Sad but true...

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Can you activate your PDR while it's in the shop heard that's not allowed in Canada but I don't care!
Yes you can. It just won't have sound. That's the invasion of privacy BS thing. With the C7 it's pretty easy to set it up in the valet mode. Comes on as soon as they start the car. If it's in for maintenance, it won't let them reset the oil life in valet mode but that's easy to do yourself.

• Informative
Reactions: Gilles27
Ouch! There's at least two heartbroken people from this: the C8 owner and the person who set the car up to work on it, the latter who might now be looking for a new job...

Was this a "dealer" as in an authorized Chevrolet dealership?
I can‘t even imagine how pissed off I would be if they did that to my car.... I am sure the guy Lawyered up!

The Chev dealer at home has big windows the length of the lounge so you can watch the mechanics at work. Don't know if it makes any difference though.
I guess then you can watch it fall off the hoist for yourself. You can't fix stupid or ignorance.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.