Jan 30, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette Z06
Ok. I just cant decide. As the title says, im waffling between either keeping my ‘76 C3 a 350 or stroking it to a 383.
Then i cant make up my mind if i should go high compression flat top piston and naturally aspirated or go dished with plans on doing twin turbo. Any thoughts??
If i turbo i will definitely do twin turbos. Because i want to keep the side pipes.

What have you done to your suspension, how's the frame, wheel/tires, brakes etc. More power is fun but if your existing components are not up to the task it can get you into serious trouble. I went the 383 route, newest engine is a ZZ383 Deluxe. It is a fun engine with a very flat tq curve. I bought this engine 3.5 yrs ago, $5550 delivered. GM later rebated $900 cdn for over stating hp/tq. It was originally mkt's at 450/450 @ 4500 rpm. The $900 was to avoid a class action suit, use the $ to by new rockers and accept that it all came in @ 5400 or 5500 rpm. In the end a fantastic engine with 2 yr warranty for @ $4600 cdn.near the end of its 2nd season I started going through oil - read on a Chevy forum that the culprit might possibly be a lack of sealant on some of the intake bolts - sure enough 2 or 3 had no sealant from the factory and the oil was working its way into and on top of the intake. No oil useage once I corrected this omission.
Before I had decided on this engine I looked at LS3's and at one point seriously considered dropping a Buick Gran National V6 turbo in s I had met someone years prior who had done this and ran 1/4's.
If you go twin turbo, where are you outting them - I've seen a few put near the rear of the car.
For me I opted for an engine that looked original, pretty much a drop in and I could existing pulleys, belts, hoses etc.

What are your plans for the vette - cruiser, 1/4's, combination and how much fabrication can you do yourself.

Ok. I just cant decide. free netflix As the title says, im waffling between either keeping netflix free trial my ‘76 C3 a 350 or stroking it to a 383.
Then i cant make up my mind if i should go high compression flat top piston and naturally aspirated or go dished with plans on doing twin turbo. Any thoughts??
If i turbo i will definitely do twin turbos. Because i want to keep the side pipes.
Ok

Last edited by a moderator:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.