dealers were notified of 2nd½ allocation estimates & Feb consensus
final DOSP in April for Jul/Aug TPP

Thanks Jake. So that means with this 4 they just got it’s for second half and they are now done for MY 2020. So being #4 in country they got total of 17. Wow. These things are gonna be scarce and we can almost figure out total numbers for Canada 🇨🇦 soon. Won’t be as many as I originally thought ...

Reactions: ABC
Thanks Jake. So that means with this 4 they just got it’s for second half and they are now done for MY 2020. So being #4 in country they got total of 17. Wow. These things are gonna be scarce and we can almost figure out total numbers for Canada 🇨🇦 soon. Won’t be as many as I originally thought ...
Once the Z06 comes out there will be plenty. Biggest mistake I made when I bought my C7 Z51 was not waiting because resale on them is brutal versus the Z06 which still seems to hold some value. Curious what others are getting on trade in or private sale. I have a few local dealers selling brand new Z51's 20k off so there not interested in used ones unless you take a huge beating on the price.

Once the Z06 comes out there will be plenty. Biggest mistake I made when I bought my C7 Z51 was not waiting because resale on them is brutal versus the Z06 which still seems to hold some value. Curious what others are getting on trade in or private sale. I have a few local dealers selling brand new Z51's 20k off so there not interested in used ones unless you take a huge beating on the price.

That’s funny. Out east anyone lucky enough to get a C7 in 14 was able to get what they paid for it when their Z06 came in.

That’s funny. Out east anyone lucky enough to get a C7 in 14 was able to get what they paid for it when their Z06 came in.
Agreed samething here happened for that first year due to the Z06 also being scarce but once production got rolling it was downhill after that for the non z06. Point was that unless you got lucky and got a Z06 right away and when eventually they move into the next best thing i.e. the C9 and you had decided to keep the z51 like myself the C7 z51 is a hard sell. End result is by the 3rd year there were plenty of non z06 on the market and so my lessoned learn is to just wait get a used z06 which likely was barely driven for much less. 🤞😀

Talked to my dealer yesterday ( same dealer as NOSOUP4U - largest Corvette dealer in Atlantic Canada) and they
received all 13 of their first half allocations as of January. The 4 allocations they received 1st week of February
are the beginning of their 2nd half allocations. GM has not told them how many they may be getting for 2nd half.
I am now first in line for the next allocation in March (hopefully there is one). They have not been given any info yet as to
when 2020 ordering will stop. The only thing they know for sure is that 2021 production will start in Sept. 2020.
According to Rick Conti in the US, GM is going to inform dealers about their remaining 2020 allocations in March.
Personally I think there will be allocations in March & April and then 2021 ordering will start in the following months.
The 2021 changes will probably be minimal given the short 2020 model year. They will probably be announced at
the NCM Bash at the end of April 2020.

[T]hey received all 13 of their first half allocations as of January. The allocations they received 1st week of February are the beginning of their 2nd half allocations. GM has not told them how many they may be getting for 2nd half. They have not been given any info yet as to when 2020 ordering will stop. The 2021 changes will probably be minimal given the short 2020 model year.

I confirm the above information to be consistent with what we have been seeing.

I suspect ordering for the 2020 Corvette will end in May or June.

I still don’t quite understand the allocation process. My dealership told me that they got my allocation this week and that they will call me in to finalize when they get a build date. Does this mean it is a second half allocation. Also I thought you build the car at the dealership and then they assign a build date? Not the other way around.

I still don’t quite understand the allocation process. My dealership told me that they got my allocation this week and that they will call me in to finalize when they get a build date. Does this mean it is a second half allocation. Also I thought you build the car at the dealership and then they assign a build date? Not the other way around.

Ask your dealer what event code you are and check it below for where you stand.

Event Codes
  • 0500 (DEFINITION OF THIS STATUS IS CURRENTLY UNKNOWN)
  • 1000 ORDER ON HOLDER AT DEALERSHIP
  • 1100 ORDER PLACED AT DEALERSHIP / PRELIMINARY ORDER ACCEPTED
  • 1101 ORDER ENTERED INTO THE SYSTEM
  • 1102 ORDER ENTERED VIA WEB
  • 2000 ORDER ACCEPTED BY GM
  • 2001 ORDER GENERATED TO DEALER
  • 2005 ORDER REPLACED BY GM PROSPEC ORDER
  • 2030 ORDER EDITED BY GM
  • 2051 ORDER CHANGED THRU WEB
  • 2500 ORDER PREFERENCED, SENT TO PRODUCTION
  • 3000 ORDER ACCEPTED BY PRODUCTION CONTROL
  • 3100 ORDER AVAILABLE TO SEQUENCE
  • 3300 ORDER SELECTED, SCHEDULED FOR PRODUCITON
  • 3400 ORDER BROADCAST FOR PRODUCTION (LOADED ON ASSEMBLY PLANT COMPUTERS)
  • 3450 IMPORT VEHICLE PRODUCED
  • 3550 IMPORT VEHICLE SHIPPED FROM PORT OF ORIGIN
  • 3575 IMPORT VEHICLE RECEIVED AT PORT OF ENTRY
  • 3800 ORDER PRODUCED, VIN IS AVAILABLE
  • 4000 VEHICLE AVAILABLE TO SHIP
  • 4104 BAILMENT INVOICE
  • 4106 BAILMENT RELEASED
  • 4150 VEHICLE INVOICED
  • 4B00 ORDER BAYED; VEHICLE IS WAITING ON TRANSPORTATION OR PULLED FOR QUALITY CONTROL
  • 4200 ORDER SHIPPED
  • 4300 INTERMEDIATE DELIVERY
  • 4800 RAIL RAMP UNLOAD; VEHICLE AT RAIL ROAD DESTINATION AWAITING TRUCK TRANSPORT TO DEALER
  • 5000 VEHICLE DELIVERED TO DEALER
  • 6000 VEHICLE DELIVERED TO CUSTOMER
  • 9000 ORDER CANCELED
TPW (Target Production)
Target Production Week (TPW) is the week that the production plant has targeted to produce the vehicle order. A TPW is usually assigned by status code 3300.

So this is the reply that I got from the GM. Not sure what to make of this?
“"There is no status yet as we don't have his order specifications. And we usually wait until we have the week that the order is due so we can work through any constraints. If we had his exact specifications I can put it in and it would be status 1100. But doesn't mean it will build if he has a option picked out that is on constraint."

So this is the reply that I got from the GM. Not sure what to make of this?
“"There is no status yet as we don't have his order specifications. And we usually wait until we have the week that the order is due so we can work through any constraints. If we had his exact specifications I can put it in and it would be status 1100. But doesn't mean it will build if he has a option picked out that is on constraint."

So I get from that that you don't have a prelim order accepted by your dealership. Other than the carbon fibre ground effects, not sure if there are any constraints at the present time... Just my take on it but If I were you I would place your order spec with the dealer and at least get to 1100 (dealer accepted). Still doesn't mean much until the order is accepted by GM.

That sounds a bit strange....I got my call as soon as my build(today) was picked up, and my guy told me to come in (tomorrow) to double check everything before they submit anything I am at 2000 from what I have been told they get the notification on a Thursday and then they have till like Monday or Tuesday before GM takes it to the next level by GM. hat is what I have learned and EJ and Morgan on here are solid knowledge for the process.

Cheers,

Kevin

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.