May 6, 2022
VetteCoins
Province
BC
Hi all, I'm trying to convince myself on the trim level for my potential 2023 C8 (Maybe Spring 2023). I initially went for a 2LT HTC, Z51 magride. Since I'm getting the GT2 seats, the difference between my 2LT build and 3LT build is decreased to $3,900. The natural dipped interior with Amplify Orange combo for the 3LT is growing on me as well.

Are there any other key differences between the 2LT and the 3LT? All I seem to find out is the different quality of leather used on the interior but that does not seem to justify the nearly 4 grand cost, unless I'm really going to pay that extra to a dipped interior. Honestly, the 2LT natural is nice too though I do prefer the natural dipped.

Can someone convince me to stay in a 2LT or go for a 3LT? Thanks for all your thoughts

I have the 2LT and love it with the natural interior. I thought exactly the same as you- natural dipped and 3LT. I am very happy I didn’t go that route- there is a lot of reflection of the all tan interior in the windshield which makes it difficult to see on sunny days. People have placed black mats to deal with the reflection. With the natural interior in the 2LT there is the reflection of the tan stripes but otherwise no problem.

I have the 2LT and love it with the natural interior. I thought exactly the same as you- natural dipped and 3LT. I am very happy I didn’t go that route- there is a lot of reflection of the all tan interior in the windshield which makes it difficult to see on sunny days. People have placed black mats to deal with the reflection. With the natural interior in the 2LT there is the reflection of the tan stripes but otherwise no problem.
If the GT2 seats and the dipped interior availability are the only major things I get for 6K, I may end up staying at the 2LT as well. If I do get natural dipped, I'm 100% sure I will put in black floor mats. Too bad I have not seen the dipped interior in person yet which will definitely help me make the final decision.
Another reason why I love the dipped interior is the natural-sueded finish on the interior of both A and B pillars. In my opinion it really gives the C8 a more delicate and distinct look especially with the top down.
I've also heard from Youtube that 3LT hold up in value better, since I'm holding the vehicle long-term, might as well make a bit more "investment" into it? LOL I really don't know

Ya, the dash is a real issue IMO. I believe the black interior gets an all black dash.
I personally think black gets too hot and tan gets too dirty, but that's me. Pigpen! :)
This is what you see in your field of vision. I have the red stripe.

1662574183361.png

I wasn't a dipped interior fan until I saw the Natural Dipped interior with the Red Mist exterior on a 2023 Z06 at the NCM Bash in April this year. What a beautiful combo, IMO. Far more striking than anything I saw on the visualizer...or even the "build" portion of GM's webpage. I was there on a sunny day so I took some photos showing the windshield reflection sitting in the car: both from the passenger seat and then the driver seat. You'll see all 3 photos below, plus a separate photo giving you a better idea of the colour combo. I think the reflection is somewhat dangerous although no doubt you'd get used to it and tune much of it out after awhile. But my worry is failing to see a pedestrian at the last minute, because of it. No doubt that's why some people put a black covering of some sort over the dash area, which to a certain extent defeats the purpose of a dipped interior. There was also a Red Dipped interior at the Bash and it also caused a windshield reflection however not as pronounced as the lighter coloured "tan", but it was there nonetheless. Note the clouds in the sky at the time; I expect unimpeded direct sunlight would cause a worse reflection. Hope these help out.

Dipped interior w'shield glare 1.jpg

Dipped interior w'shield glare 2.jpg

Dipped interior w:shield glare 3.jpg

Z06 Red Mist All Natural Combo.jpg

Last edited:
The GT1 and GT2 seats are identical in construction. The look and leather is the only difference.

Umm and the nice Carbon headrest opening on the GT2 seat. Big difference in look and feel.

"besides the 8-way adjustment of the GT1 chairs, the GT2 also add power lumbar and bolster control. The GT2 chairs also feature carbon-fiber trim with a seatback halo. They are only available in genuine Napa Leather and offer sueded or non-sueded, perforated inserts."

Umm and the nice Carbon headrest opening on the GT2 seat. Big difference in look and feel.

"besides the 8-way adjustment of the GT1 chairs, the GT2 also add power lumbar and bolster control. The GT2 chairs also feature carbon-fiber trim with a seatback halo. They are only available in genuine Napa Leather and offer sueded or non-sueded, perforated inserts."
No! They are virtually identical in construction! I have GT1 WITH power lumbar and bolster

Last edited:
In speccing the C8, I chose a lot of cosmetic options, however gf also specced the car and I was surprised almost all the cosmetic options went away. Money was not the concern but rather rationalization:
1. Its an American sports car not a Bentley/Rolls. I am not really trying to impress anyone with the color of the interior.
2. My sports cars had black interiors, however we have a Lexus with Palomino interior and after about 1 minute you don't notice it. Same thing with matching stitching. The Lexus salesman pointed out matching stitching and we just laughed at him.
3. GT1 and GT2 seats seem to be similar other than cosmetics.( sport appearance and carbon fiber on GT2 )

So basically if you want some cosmetic options you are forced to 3LT but we did not.

Reactions: Murray20c8
In speccing the C8, I chose a lot of cosmetic options, however gf also specced the car and I was surprised almost all the cosmetic options went away. Money was not the concern but rather rationalization:
1. Its an American sports car not a Bentley/Rolls. I am not really trying to impress anyone with the color of the interior.
2. My sports cars had black interiors, however we have a Lexus with Palomino interior and after about 1 minute you don't notice it. Same thing with matching stitching. The Lexus salesman pointed out matching stitching and we just laughed at him.
3. GT1 and GT2 seats seem to be similar other than cosmetics.( sport appearance and carbon fiber on GT2 )

So basically if you want some cosmetic options you are forced to 3LT but we did not.
Yup, almost all of the 3LT extras are cosmetic. I love the look of the GT2 seats, but wasn't willing to pop for it. I didn't even go Z51 because I don't like the wings. In 2020 you had to have Z51 to get Mag ride. For us the car is a cruiser and not a racer so the only real options we chose was the Front lift, performance exhaust, the black wheels and the 2LT which IMO is a no brainer.

Last edited:
Reactions: gdb069
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.