Apr 9, 2019
St Catharines Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
1999 corvette
Province
ON
Hi all. Thinking of changing my rear 273 gears to 342,s, an was wondering who out there has done this modification, and what is all involved to do it, and roughly the cost. I have read the difference is light night and day . It's an automatic, and mainly street driven, no racing, but I do love torque, and realize it will affect my gas mileage a bit, and who in the Niagara area would be the best shop to take it too?

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I did the same to my Camaro years ago. Night and day difference just doesn't describe the difference, LOL. that car was a lot of fun to drive after the change. Around town mpg didn't change much but on the highway it was noticeable. Be prepared to change your torque convertor as well to a higher stall.

I will give Dave a call at Race ready, and see what he says. Thanks for all the input guys. Here we have another storm to get through starting tomorrow, hopefully it will be the last one, I hope, and finally we got rid of January. personally my worst month. Have a good one, stay safe.

I've been running 3.89s in my Camaro with an LS3 and T56 magnum. The pinion and ring are not that expensive...maybe $250 USD. As long as you aren't buying a new diff or monkeying around with much else, it should just be the parts, diff oil, shop supplies, and about 3 hrs labour to re and re everything.

It will really wake the car up.

Reactions: turbozig
Does anyone out there know where to purchase a 342 differential carrier for a decent price?
ebay .. great price ...contact the sealer for shipping cost

or

Last edited:
Have been looking quite a bit, and E-bay seems to be the only ones that I could get one from, but thought there has to be someplace in Canada where I could pick one up without paying up to $300.00 shipping, plus exchange rate, plus GST once it gets over here. Maybe I will get lucky and someone is changing there's to a 373, or 410. We shall see.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread