Apr 9, 2019
St Catharines Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
1999 corvette
Province
ON
Hi all. Just recently had had the 273 rear gears in my 99 C5 corvette changed out to a 342. It's an A4, runs great until it gets hot. if I go on the highway say 100 miles, and pull off, the first stop light I come to shifts hard from 1st to 2nd when just pulling away even slow. Race Ready did the work and they do great work. They set the shift points, and all was good on the highway from Cambridge to Niagara Falls until I came of the highway that's when it started. I talked to Nigel and am going to take it back up. Other than that big difference in torque, but it seems only after long hauls. great around town. He wants it hot so it will do it when I get there. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Hi all. Just recently had had the 273 rear gears in my 99 C5 corvette changed out to a 342. It's an A4, runs great until it gets hot. if I go on the highway say 100 miles, and pull off, the first stop light I come to shifts hard from 1st to 2nd when just pulling away even slow. Race Ready did the work and they do great work. They set the shift points, and all was good on the highway from Cambridge to Niagara Falls until I came of the highway that's when it started. I talked to Nigel and am going to take it back up. Other than that big difference in torque, but it seems only after long hauls. great around town. He wants it hot so it will do it when I get there. Any thoughts?
Does your Torque converter feel like it is still trying to pull? I did the same in my old Camaro and I was advised to get a higher stall TC. BTW, one of the best mods I made to that car.
No , just does a hard shift from, 1st to 2nd, only after driving a long distance, say over 100 miles.

Also noticed when kicking it down from a dead stop. the ABS, and Service traction control service light comes on. Weather that has anything to do with it, I don't know.
I'm not sure about the C6 but many RWD cars have the traction control and abs sensors in the differential. Your installer will know.

Any results? Dave and Nigel at Race Ready are awesome. They will find the issue. Have dealt with them for many years and recently for cam, headers, X-pipe, hi-flo cats, lighting, skip-shift, interlock eliminator and tune. My Z06 is even more spectacular.

Have the same gears and still taching about 1500 at 100kph . BTW I'm on the west side off GrandRidge.

Going to have the rad and condenser cleaned maybe flushed and drop the tranny fluid and install new filter to see if that will make any difference. It maybe that the torque convertor isn't fully releasing when hot. If that doesn't kelp the situation, will take back to RACE READY.