BANNED
Ontario You're a Regular
Jul 24, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
2012 f 150
Province
ON
Now that it's official as production has begun for the C-8 and the 2020 model year is sold out according to GM; so why are there 25 C-8s sitting in the yard at the plant for weeks?? I guess that there are some quality concerns regarding 25 C-8. that there may be serious quality concerns need to be addressed before shipment.
As a retired former Ford Supervisor one would park vehicles that are in need of repairs to be repaired on overtime or weekend. Not to stop the production line. If this is the case: Then what the heck is going on ??

Now that it's official as production has begun for the C-8 and the 2020 model year is sold out according to GM; so why are there 25 C-8s sitting in the yard at the plant for weeks?? I guess that there are some quality concerns regarding 25 C-8. that there may be serious quality concerns need to be addressed before shipment.
As a retired former Ford Supervisor one would park vehicles that are in need of repairs to be repaired on overtime or weekend. Not to stop the production line. If this is the case: Then what the heck is going on ??

Says who?

Just my professional opinion.

Wake up to reality my friend. GM gets paid for C8 that is delivered, not sitting in their yard.

Possibly, employees have to buy through a dealership. As for executives, they have already been assigned vehicles, for overseas shipping. Not likely; GM will fill orders for the domestic market first.

A rather empty response to this query. Speculation is an open invitation for an opinionated reason.

This is not news.

The public was informed months ago that GM will be holding the first 2020 Corvettes for a number of weeks for thorough QC checks to ensure everything is 100% before they are shipped out to their customers. I see this as a good thing as GM is willing to lose a bit of $$$ to make sure their product is top-notch, instead of taking a "that'll do, let's just make money!" approach.

When the C7 first came out, they held them all back for five weeks. The schedule is to hold the C8 for three weeks.

Reactions: Nik and OttawaKev
This is not news.

The public was informed months ago that GM will be holding the first 2020 Corvettes for a number of weeks for thorough QC checks to ensure everything is 100% before they are shipped out to their customers. I see this as a good thing as GM is willing to lose a bit of $$$ to make sure their product is top-notch, instead of taking a "that'll do, let's just make money!" approach.

When the C7 first came out, they held them all back for five weeks. The schedule is to hold the C8 for three weeks.
Super update!

As this may hold some quality water from your statement, there could be a possible tsunami of quality concerns on the horizon. I have had the pleasure in supervising many new vehicles launched while employed at Ford Motor Company. To get up to speed slow production speed must be applied at the early stages of new model runs. To have all line workers familiarize with new parts and their respective sequences of assembly. Any quality or production concerns will come to light during this warm-up period. Once the decision to run out the old model C 7 then one can apply the practice runs; and these runs are for only a few weeks. Slowly production speeds will increase until full line speed has been achieved, this usually takes about 12 months. To fill the order of 40,000units already sold: then 166.6 per day have to be produced. A tall order by any means.
The average joe will not have any idea how daunting a task this is to make 40.000 quality C8 in a model year.

not sure what you are implying, Bill Spener. I don't have 2020 corvette.

Just because I don't own or have ordered a new corvette, does not by any stretch of your imagination means that I don't have a valid point of a professional perspective of how the real world operates. Sitting behind the security of your desk denotes your lack of intelligence on how real life in the manufacturing works.

Thank you, I try to make it entertaining.

As this may hold some quality water from your statement, there could be a possible tsunami of quality concerns on the horizon. I have had the pleasure in supervising many new vehicles launched while employed at Ford Motor Company. To get up to speed slow production speed must be applied at the early stages of new model runs. To have all line workers familiarize with new parts and their respective sequences of assembly. Any quality or production concerns will come to light during this warm-up period. Once the decision to run out the old model C 7 then one can apply the practice runs; and these runs are for only a few weeks. Slowly production speeds will increase until full line speed has been achieved, this usually takes about 12 months. To fill the order of 40,000units already sold: then 166.6 per day have to be produced. A tall order by any means.
The average joe will not have any idea how daunting a task this is to make 40.000 quality C8 in a model year.

Virtually all of your posts are attempts at generating anti-GM sentiment or some type of angst. I'm probably one of the biggest GM critics yet even I find myself scratching my head at your diatribe.

I'd love for you to shed some light on your angle here....

Sure, Allow me to further expand on my thoughts on this subject. This will have to wait until tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread