On Facebook this brought out all the "experts" and know-it-alls in full force. A lot like when anything political comes up. The 2014 Hennessey Corvette did 200 mph 3 1/2 years ago. One wild sounding outfit during its fly by.

How can you guys be real Corvette fanatics without knowing the "Sledgehammer"? It was an absolute icon, and held the world land speed record (which it set in 1988) until 2013!

Go ahead, ask me again..... Why do Corvettes rule? ;)

fanatic - a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal.....
Can't speak for others but I don't claim, or at the very least admit, to being a "fanatic" about anything..... I do love my Corvette though.... :ohoh::ohoh:

So, what are your guy's thoughts on Mustangs anyways?. Myself i liked the 60's, 87 to 93, 2010 to 2014. My girlfriend had a few from the 2010 to 2014 models but now she drives a BMW. Last year i had a 2015 GT rental for a day and didn't find it all that impressive but man when see them new Shelby GT350/R's around town they sure do turn my head.

So, what are your guy's thoughts on Mustangs anyways?. Myself i liked the 60's, 87 to 93, 2010 to 2014. My girlfriend had a few from the 2010 to 2014 models but now she drives a BMW. Last year i had a 2015 GT rental for a day and didn't find it all that impressive but man when see them new Shelby GT350/R's around town they sure do turn my head.

No denying the new 350/R are pretty special whatever your car brand disposition maybe. It's a properly sorted car.

I'm definitely more a fan of the 65 to 73 style... But that being said, I know what you mean Hiroki. The new Shelby turns my head too.. But not as much as the Corvette.... While in NS this past September/October, I drove my buddies 50th Anniversary GT ...automatic.... He told me to run it and I did... dead stop to 200+ kph... cornered it pretty aggressive as well... (on a closed course obviously). The car works well. I will give it that but it just didn't give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. He didn't ask how it compared to my C7, which was just as well for as much as they are two different classes of cars, both hold a respectable place in each of their categories and it's not fair to compare them on the same level. Some pony car owners don't understand that. Well.... just my thoughts anyway and I'm definitely not intending to fire up any pony car owners because if I had my druthers, I would own a pony car as well.... :thumbs:

I can't complain too much about Mustangs. My first car was a 79 Fox body Capri RS, and I've had a few Fox bodies over the years. I very strongly considered a low-mileage mint condition Anniversary edition 2003 Terminator Cobra, but I just couldn't bring myself to blow my Corvette budget on that car. It was more important to me to get a Vette. I do still have a Terminator on my wish-list though.

The Mustang has been up and down over the years. 65-70 had some great cars. 71-78 I could care less. 79-84 I owned a few, so I can't really complain about them too much. 85-93 were some great cars. From 1994 to 2010 (aside from the Mach 1 and the SVT Cobra), I would (and did) take a 4th-gen Trans Am. From 2011-2015, I would choose the Mustang over the Camaro, but the 2016 Camaro is a brand-new machine and it is incredible (not that the GT350R and Boss 302 aren't, but every 2016 Camaro is great).

For me though, I'm mostly done with the pony-car scene. I am still interested in buying a used one to add to my collection, but have no interest in purchasing one new.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.