After watching the video, it just reinforced that getting a C8 is the right move. (my first Corvette), and the wait has been worth it but now I really want a Z06! LoL. I'm thinking a LOT of current C8 owners already have their deposits down (for some time) on one. This video must really make them excited and know they made a very wise decision.
GM really knocked it out of the park with the specs and options. A truly special and completely different car than the base Stingray. This car is worthy of "supercar" status and will even give some hypercars some competition. I can't imagine what BG will do with the ZR1?!...

Reactions: Maximus74
This car is worthy of "supercar" status and will even give some hypercars some competition. I can't imagine what BG will do with the ZR1?!...
Twin turbos' ?
E-ray 4 wheel drive electric up front with the Z06 motor in back?

Reactions: AndrewJ and pozi240
Amazing car in terms of performance numbers! GM seems to think that supercar buyers (Ferrari, Lambo etc) will consider buying a Z06 instead... I don't know. I doubt most Ferrari owners bought the car based on performance stats. And the fact that you would have to explain to non-car people that your Z06 is special and not at all like the plebian C8, whereas they just look at a Lambo and know what it is. I don't think there will be too many cross-shoppers except those that want to track their car for a fraction of a Ferrari and have better performance.
But with the line ups to buy one, I doubt GM is ever going to have to worry about moving them!

• Agree
Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
This could very well be the last gasoline engine Corvette. The C9 might just be all electric. Time will tell, but I think that forced GM's hand. If they wanted a mid engine car it was now or never. So build it the very best you can.

I'll put this YouTube video on this thread, since it gives more "info" about the Z06 and it's more information than a review. We see Edward Xu (aka "EddieX") along for a ride in the Z06 and towards the end of the video, he's in a different car equipped with the Z07 package so you get his impression of its differences compared to the "regular" Z06. Some interesting commentary about the Z06 from the GM drivers. The first driver in the Z06 at the start of the video is Aaron Link (lead development engineer) and of note, he confirms that the convertible version of the Z06 will be released/made at the same time as the Coupe. Good to know if you're planning to order the convertible Z06.

One other thing I'll point out: the first car at the start of the video is equipped with the new "full Adrenaline Red" interior. Several times in the video you can see the obvious reflection on the front windshield, from that interior colour. So even though the colour isn't as light compared to the natural dipped or the "grey" (really it looks white) lines from other interiors, it still shows up and IMO would be annoying, so it's an interior choice I'll not make. Make your own assessment after you've watched the video.

Reactions: Vettman and 12cents
Funny . I have seen this video before and never noticed it ..
I have actually a little red in my interior. It’s never been a issue ? . But all red has never been a favourite. Good catch

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
Funny . I have seen this video before and never noticed it ..
I have actually a little red in my interior. It’s never been a issue ? . But all red has never been a favourite. Good catch

I LOVE the 2-tone interiors; for me it takes the aesthetics up a notch. At most, I'd get your 2-tone red/black Vettman (not an "all-dipped interior) however do the "colour override" or whatever it's called, to get an all-black dash. My recollection is that choice required a 3LT trim; too bad if that's the only reason to get 3LT but I've decided to "spare nothing" for the Z06 which I hope to be my "keeper car". So here I go again...no doubt spending countless hours retooling my build...but with the one advantage that I now know with experience that the car itself looks fabulous, regardless of whatever colours are chosen. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.