May 23, 2023
VetteCoins
Car
C8 z06
Province
BC
I picked up my 2023 z06 28 days ago. Had an issue with dash message that read "service charging system." Got a call from dealership today saying they need to replace the engine cuz they aren't sure what happened. Sound weird but that's what happened.

Engine delivery has no timeline and could be months. Should I insist they replace the car? Any advice on how to enforce that?

Really need the advice. In BC. Car bought in AB. Love the car btw. Want another z06 for sure

I picked up my 2023 z06 28 days ago. Had an issue with dash message that read "service charging system." Got a call from dealership today saying they need to replace the engine cuz they aren't sure what happened. Sound weird but that's what happened.

Engine delivery has no timeline and could be months. Should I insist they replace the car? Any advice on how to enforce that?

Really need the advice. In BC. Car bought in AB. Love the car btw. Want another z06 for sure
I've seen videos and read articles where Z06 engines have been replaced extremely fast and in one case GM pulled an engine from the plant and had it sent overnight to the dealership. I would think it would be fast......

I don't think you would get a replacement car very fast? I would insist they throw in an extended warranty at the least for your troubles.

Reactions: Fast Boat Guy
Sherwood Park AB. The only other z06 I know of in BC is hypersonic grey....
There are 3 that I have personally seen at the following BC Dealers before they were delivered:

Silver Flare Z06 @ Dueck On Marine.
Arctic White Z06 @ Carter GM.
Ceramic Matrix Grey Z06 with Z07 Aero (no Cup2R tires) @ Preston GM.

Write Marissa West (GM Canada President) directly via LinkedIn. She's an avid Corvette fan and simply tell her your fate, love of the car, how it's crappy to be in this position...she may pull strings.

I'll second that and suggest you also emphasize what you paid over MSRP for the privilege of owning one of the first C8 Z06's in Alberta. I'm very familiar with the Sherwood Park dealership, who offered me the following deal to get a new Z06: "buy one of our used C8 Stingray's for $30,000 over MSRP...then you MUST trade it in on a new Z06, which will be priced 'somewhat' over MSRP...". Needless to say, I turned down that offer and will never darken their doorstep. Given what you must have paid, I'd expect Sherwood Park to go to bat for you +++++ with the regional manager and whomever else can help you find a replacement and see a solution to your problem. Keep us posted and GOOD LUCK!

There are 3 that I have personally seen at the following BC Dealers before they were delivered:

Silver Flare Z06 @ Dueck On Marine.
Arctic White Z06 @ Carter GM.
Ceramic Matrix Grey Z06 with Z07 Aero (no Cup2R tires) @ Preston GM.
Dueck Downtown also had this one about 2 weeks ago. First one for them.
Torch Red HTC. I am moving up the line.😄
F4C4D818-910B-4107-9C1C-3ED01BE14574.jpeg

Reactions: RD-1 and 12cents
I'm #5 @ Dueck On marine, are you going for Z07 or the base Z06?
What's your best guess on time line for allocation, I'm thinking at least another year.
Hey how about that !
Most likely going for a Z06. With the luxury tax then on top of that 15% PST and GST (tax on tax) it’s going to be close to $200k.
Will it even be MSRP ? Did Marine tell you? My 21 was but the Z06 is even more wanted.
Will see what happens when I get the call.
In regards to time line end of 24 or the summer of 25 is my guess.
No time line provided by dealer very vague on everything.
Plus if the republicans get back in down south maybe a Corvette trade embargo will be implemented by then. 😉😅
I hope you get yours soon. I hope we all get ours soon.

Hey how about that !
Most likely going for a Z06. With the luxury tax then on top of that 15% PST and GST (tax on tax) it’s going to be close to $200k.
Will it even be MSRP ? Did Marine tell you? My 21 was but the Z06 is even more wanted.
Will see what happens when I get the call.
In regards to time line end of 24 or the summer of 25 is my guess.
No time line provided by dealer very vague on everything.
Plus if the republicans get back in down south maybe a Corvette trade embargo will be implemented by then. 😉😅
I hope you get yours soon. I hope we all get ours soon.
My first choice is 3LZ Z07 Coupe $193,217.00 before taxes, second choice is 3LZ Z06 Coupe $185,177.00 before tax. Both after Tax will be well north of 200K closer to 250K, Dueck sells at MSRP I don't expect any games but won't know for sure until I get the call. Seems like production is ramping up however I don't know how that affects the Canadian market. Hurry up and wait I guess, most BC dealers only received 1 or 2 Z06 allocations for 2023 at that rate it will be 3 years plus. Of the 3 that I witnessed in person every customer knew the owner of the dealership, as the old saying goes it's not what you know but who you know. My deposit dates back to July 2020 guess that was late to the game.

Surely someone must know what’s causing the LT6 engine tick. And once known, the solution for it, if required. I still remember my father (who had been a journeyman automotive mechanic in a past life) using an “engine stethoscope” to listen to various parts of the engine to figure out if there was an “off-sound” and he’d diagnose the problem using that method, usually 100% accurately. This of course was WAY BEFORE the days of “plug n play” computer diagnostics.

Anyway my expectation is the GM LT6 design engineers know EXACTLY what the problem is, since they know this engine inside out after the 5+ years it took to painstakingly create it.

Woe be to GM if its bean counters have decided this is an issue which won’t be a problem until well beyond any power train warranty, so they’ve decided to stay silent about it. How do you spell “c-l-a-s-s-a-c-t-i-o-n” when people paying HUGE bucks for the iconic and much trumpeted LT6 are stuck with huge repair bills outside of any warranty period, and GM has knowingly remained mum on the issue, other than to say “owners tell us it doesn’t affect performance”??

Come on GM. Do tell. Stand behind the engine and the millions you’ve spent promoting it and the free millions of PR dollars you’ve gotten from your hand-picked social influencers. All of that worked well and sold people like me on the LT6, moreso after all the presentations I attended at last year’s Bash, and the one-on-one discussions with the ++++++ proud LT6 design engineers.

Publicly ID the cause of the ticking sound and confirm all consequences of same, both short and long-term.

Respect your buyers who have “drank the cool-aid” and continue to wait for years to spend HUGE hard-earned dollars for the Z06 and the LT6 engine in particular.

Over to you GM.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.