Power User
Oct 8, 2016
West Vancouver, BC
VetteCoins
Car
2022 C8 Z51 3LT HTC
Province
BC

I don't have any idea what car you could buy that is better than a loaded 2023 Z06? What is this guy talking about ? 80% want loaded car - $170K USD = $220K CDN peso! If only I could get one - LOL.
Happy Thanks Giving Everyone!

This is the best review of what went in to the Z06 straight from GM engineers.
Plus a "live" track review starting around the 44minute mark.
If you haven't been bitten yet you will have bite marks after this video
58 minutes long but well worth it.
2023 Corvette C8 Z06 | Making Cars Great Again - YouTube
Unfortunately, I will not be getting one unless I wait a bit and try to get one from the USA at some point? Thanks for posting.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Unfortunately, I will not be getting one unless I wait a bit and try to get one from the USA at some point? Thanks for posting.
Happy Thanksgiving!
I see your from West Van, why would you have to get one from the US. I've been on the list at Dueck's and Preston's since July 2020, were you not on any local lists?

I see your from West Van, why would you have to get one from the US. I've been on the list at Dueck's and Preston's since July 2020, were you not on any local lists?
I made the mistake of going to one dealer - Carter in N. V. for C8 - was taking forever, so, bought one from dealer in Victoria - paid over MSRP a fair bit for fully loaded HTC. So, Carter said I was no longer on their list for Z06 or E-Ray . So, on list for Z06 or E-Ray - sort of . I think I am screwed thus get one from USA. I have lots of USD or at least enough to get either car if I live long - 😂 enough

I made the mistake of going to one dealer - Carter in N. V. for C8 - was taking forever, so, bought one from dealer in Victoria - paid over MSRP a fair bit for fully loaded HTC. So, Carter said I was no longer on their list for Z06 or E-Ray . So, on list for Z06 or E-Ray - sort of . I think I am screwed thus get one from USA. I have lots of USD or at least enough to get either car if I live long - 😂 enough
That's a crappy deal however considering Canada only gets about 7% of the allocations it would take an eternity anyways. Even if you are on a list who knows what kind of games the dealer will play with your position on the list, hopefully you can get one at some point without paying through the nose. I hope when my turn comes they honor the msrp like they initially stated.

So far Dueck (all three) or Preston’s has not had a allocation for a Z06 yet.
Hopefully due to the bullish US dollar the prices won’t get to much out of control in the future for us Canadians . What Dueck dealership are you on the list with ? I am with Downtown.
Going to be interesting to see what the longevity of this flat plane crank engine is. In some ways I am glad I am not the first on the list.
It’s also disappointing that GM have not yet demoed the car somewhere in Vancouver. You would think by now we could catch a glimpse somewhere.
Good luck to everyone on the list and the ones trying to get on one.

Duecks is not taking any names for either Z06 or E-Ray. I am sort of on a list for both in Kelowna and D Preston in Victoria where I bought my current car. I bought my 2016 C7 which I traded in on my 2022 C8 HTC from Preston in Langley. Where in the LML are you? I'd love to hook up with other C8 owners for a cruise. The weather looks like it will stay nice for a while. I drive mine every day and have yet to see another C8.

So far Dueck (all three) or Preston’s has not had a allocation for a Z06 yet.
Hopefully due to the bullish US dollar the prices won’t get to much out of control in the future for us Canadians . What Dueck dealership are you on the list with ? I am with Downtown.
Going to be interesting to see what the longevity of this flat plane crank engine is. In some ways I am glad I am not the first on the list.
It’s also disappointing that GM have not yet demoed the car somewhere in Vancouver. You would think by now we could catch a glimpse somewhere.
Good luck to everyone on the list and the ones trying to get on one.
Preston's said they got 1 allocation and the customer ordered a White Z07. Dueck on marine is where I placed my deposit late July 2020. I believe the dealers had to pay for that dealer tour, they probably didn't want to spend the money since we get few allocations. The engine has been run pretty hard in the race car however at a lower redline, only time will tell I would purchase the longest extended warranty possible. I would not want to pay out of pocket for any major repair to the engine or dct as it will be big money. Who knows what the future holds but I believe this car will be a unicorn and very hard to get.

Reactions: GreenTurtle2C8
Preston's said they got 1 allocation and the customer ordered a White Z07. Dueck on marine is where I placed my deposit late July 2020. I believe the dealers had to pay for that dealer tour, they probably didn't want to spend the money since we get few allocations. The engine has been run pretty hard in the race car however at a lower redline, only time will tell I would purchase the longest extended warranty possible. I would not want to pay out of pocket for any major repair to the engine or dct as it will be big money. Who knows what the future holds but I believe this car will be a unicorn and very hard to get.
I posted a review on the Z06 and if I remember correctly the new engine has been in the making for a very long time. As well, it has been extensively tested at high speeds for extended periods of time. I would have no concerns with it; especially because I would not be racing it - just normal driving. I probably am not going to have the pleasure of driving one - damn!!!

Duecks is not taking any names for either Z06 or E-Ray. I am sort of on a list for both in Kelowna and D Preston in Victoria where I bought my current car. I bought my 2016 C7 which I traded in on my 2022 C8 HTC from Preston in Langley. Where in the LML are you? I'd love to hook up with other C8 owners for a cruise. The weather looks like it will stay nice for a while. I drive mine every day and have yet to see another C8.
unfortunately my insurance ran out last week the C8 is now tucked away till April 2023. Weather has been awesome this fall so far cant recall such a late run ever. I am located in Langley. I was also at the Preston Corvette meet in September had over 130 vettes in the show. Hope to meet you next year. Good luck on your quest to a Z06

I posted a review on the Z06 and if I remember correctly the new engine has been in the making for a very long time. As well, it has been extensively tested at high speeds for extended periods of time. I would have no concerns with it; especially because I would not be racing it - just normal driving. I probably am not going to have the pleasure of driving one - damn!!!
I believe engine development started back in 2015. The C8 Stingray is a great car and has the same interior as the Z06 where you spend most of your time anyways. Unless you parked the two side by side you'd hardly notice the difference of either car driving down the road, for the exception of the big wing. If you aren't planning on running the car hard there is no need to spend the extra money on the Z06, or dealing with the hassles with trying to get one.

unfortunately my insurance ran out last week the C8 is now tucked away till April 2023. Weather has been awesome this fall so far cant recall such a late run ever. I am located in Langley. I was also at the Preston Corvette meet in September had over 130 vettes in the show. Hope to meet you next year. Good luck on your quest to a Z06
Coupe or HTC? Like the color - LOL.
I did not know about the meet at Preston. No post CCF - like to know for next year. Graham - you must know him? - great guy!!! Still drive mine until end of month weather permitting as that is when the insurance runs out. Would be great to meet some time. Graham drove my car shortly after I got it: was not broke in yet. We had a blast on the country roads through Langley.

I believe engine development started back in 2015. The C8 Stingray is a great car and has the same interior as the Z06 where you spend most of your time anyways. Unless you parked the two side by side you'd hardly notice the difference of either car driving down the road, for the exception of the big wing. If you aren't planning on running the car hard there is no need to spend the extra money on the Z06, or dealing with the hassles with trying to get one.
Yes. I love my C8 HTC. It is loaded and a 3LT Z51. Amazing to drive; but the Z06: wider rear end, serious rubber, amazing exhaust configuration and sound. more carbon fiber in interior etc. I would settle for E-Ray. If not though, as you say, the C8 is awesome.

Yes. I love my C8 HTC. It is loaded and a 3LT Z51. Amazing to drive; but the Z06: wider rear end, serious rubber, amazing exhaust configuration and sound. more carbon fiber in interior etc. I would settle for E-Ray. If not though, as you say, the C8 is awesome.
The exhaust note on the Z06 will be unique as it will only be outdone by (previous known exotics) :Biggrin:. Although this car won't be cheap I see it as a poor mans supercar. With the way the world is right now I fear the timeline for getting the Z06 may be much longer than people are prepared to wait, never mind any future variants.

The exhaust note on the Z06 will be unique as it will only be outdone by (previous known exotics) :Biggrin:. Although this car won't be cheap I see it as a poor mans supercar. With the way the world is right now I fear the timeline for getting the Z06 may be much longer than people are prepared to wait, never mind any future variants.
Poor man's supercar at $220K+ CDN? Not too many poor men will be able to afford it - LOL.
I suspect it will compete with most cars at twice as much. The interior certainly will be as nice. My interior - 3LT does not lack much in refinement, I do not think?
In any case purely academic at this point because, to your point, not many will be delivered in Canada for quite a while.

Coupe or HTC? Like the color - LOL.
I did not know about the meet at Preston. No post CCF - like to know for next year. Graham - you must know him? - great guy!!! Still drive mine until end of month weather permitting as that is when the insurance runs out. Would be great to meet some time. Graham drove my car shortly after I got it: was not broke in yet. We had a blast on the country roads through Langley.
CCF does have a event section ;) Keep an eye on that
Here is the post from August
Its a coupe 3LT Z51.
I have not meet Graham in person but he have chatted via this forum
If your interested next BCCC meet is first Wednesday of the month at Preston’s.
The club also has a Facebook page. Check it out

CCF does have a event section ;) Keep an eye on that
Here is the post from August
Its a coupe 3LT Z51.
I have not meet Graham in person but he have chatted via this forum
If your interested next BCCC meet is first Wednesday of the month at Preston’s.
The club also has a Facebook page. Check it out
Great .
Thank you .:Cheers2:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.