Feb 5, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
2022 Corvette Z51
Province
ON
Based on the news this week from GM that the June Corvette allocations would be cancelled, I assume that anyone on a dealer wait list who has not yet received an allocation/order is now waiting for a 2022 allocation. GM also announced it would be moving to its ADS (Available Days Supply) system for Corvette dealer allocations. I assume this will apply to Canada as well. Can anybody explain how ADS works and what it means for those of us on the wait lists who will not be getting a 2021 allocation. Does this have the potential to change the number of cars that the high volume Canadian dealers get allocated? Could it make it easier for low volume Corvette dealers to get allocations?

From another forum.

Dealer ADS = Total Availability/Dealers Sales Rates.

Where...
  • Total Availablity = In Stock + In Transit + In System + Placed Orders + Balance-to-go allocation
  • Sales Rate = Average number of Units sold over a period. GM uses 12 months.
GM allocates vehicles to the dealers with the lowest Available Days’ Supply (ADS)

Thanks for the info Murray. If I understand this correctly, and if GM only uses last 12 months sales rate, the volume dealers will have a higher ADS, compared to using a 3 year average where they had much higher new Corvette sales in 2019. Maybe one of the dealers on this forum can comment on whether this change is likely to increase or decrease their allocations for 2022MY, or make little difference?

I am assuming the total percentage of production allocated to Canada is set separately and the Canadian dealers are only competing amongst themselves for this portion of production, rather than competing with US dealers for allocations?

In a nutshell, this won't change much for the reputable high volume sales dealers, since, they never had any inventory due to selling every Vette they could order (were not selling above MSRP, so, most orders were "sold orders", therefore very low ADS which means, they will get a higher percentage allocation going forward. (Most high volume dealers that sell all of their cars before arrival will continue to see high allocations) On the flipside, smaller volume dealers that actually had stock at any time (due to asking above MSRP), will be penalized since they will have a higher ADS. This is all explained very well on competing Corvette forums, which I had linked before, but, was told that's a "no no". Just do a quick search on other Corvette forums, the ADS is talked about quite a bit (this formula is used for ALL new car sales by GM).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.