Feb 5, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
2022 Corvette Z51
Province
ON
When I picked up my 2022 C8 in early October it did not come with the traditional detailed window sticker. This has been replaced by a shipping sticker with no useful information on it.

The sticker (see attached- not complete because scanner bed is not large enough) says this label was attached for shipping purposes because vehicle pricing information was not available at time of shipping, despite 2022 prices for Canada having been made available to dealers several weeks before.

According to the dealer the window sticker is now sent separately. It was unclear if they receive a printed copy of this (I have my doubts) and assume it will be delivered as a computer/pdf file. Dealer did not appear to have access to this when I picked up the car and said they would send it to me when received.

Does anybody know what the new procedure is with window stickers? Will this change later in the model year when the full pricing is available? When does the dealer get access to it? Prior to the Corvette I had a couple of factory order Ford Mustangs and the electronic window sticker was sent to me before the car arrived at the dealer. This does not appear to be the case with the C8. I still have no idea on the final pricing detail of the 2022 C8, other than total price and a few items detailed on the Bill of Sale. They looked about what I was expecting to see with the 2022 price increases.

Attachments

• C8WS.jpg
    C8WS.jpg
    927.2 KB · Views: 168
When I picked up my 2022 C8 in early October it did not come with the traditional detailed window sticker. This has been replaced by a shipping sticker with no useful information on it.

The sticker (see attached- not complete because scanner bed is not large enough) says this label was attached for shipping purposes because vehicle pricing information was not available at time of shipping, despite 2022 prices for Canada having been made available to dealers several weeks before.

According to the dealer the window sticker is now sent separately. It was unclear if they receive a printed copy of this (I have my doubts) and assume it will be delivered as a computer/pdf file. Dealer did not appear to have access to this when I picked up the car and said they would send it to me when received.

Does anybody know what the new procedure is with window stickers? Will this change later in the model year when the full pricing is available? When does the dealer get access to it? Prior to the Corvette I had a couple of factory order Ford Mustangs and the electronic window sticker was sent to me before the car arrived at the dealer. This does not appear to be the case with the C8. I still have no idea on the final pricing detail of the 2022 C8, other than total price and a few items detailed on the Bill of Sale. They looked about what I was expecting to see with the 2022 price increases.
I remember visiting W/N and they had cars delivered with blank monroney window sticker. When I asked about it, I was told the completed monroney window sticker would be made available. I think GM has to provide this by law. I didn’t pursue it further because my car came with a completed one. W/N was nice enough to have it framed for me!
Further, I believe you can get the sticker from the museum or from monroneylabels.com.

My 2020 window sticker was thrown out by the detailers. The salesman had someone run off a copy on computer paper. Not the right size but all the info was there. They can do it for you when they are motivated to try.

No worries on this. Your selling dealer can order a replacement window sticker from GM. This is done when dealer stock experiences a price increase all the time. It will be original, the same peel 'n' stick backing and no 'reprint' or anything different. It costs them a few dollars.

• Informative
Reactions: Murray20c8
My window sticker is similar to yours. Sales manager said he can request the proper window sticker as they were not ready at time of production. I asked for it to be ordered.
Thanks guys for the info.

I will wait a couple of weeks then contact the dealer to see if they can either print off a copy for me or order a copy from GM if they have not already done so.

Interesting side note on that sticker, it shows two oil changes but not the trans filter as discussed in another thread.

Pretty sure if certain prices and option costs are not available @ time of production they unfortunately provide that.

The Corvette crowd is being played for suckers and the company is getting away with it. A friend with C7 had his order in for a C8. A year out when he would get it and they wouldn't give him a fixed price and the price kept going up. He finally told them to stick it and will keep his C7 which he thoroughly enjoys. I went for a ride in the car and it sure is nice, especially with the supercharged engine.

Dealers are verbally given an estimate at the beginning of the year on what to expect as far as allotment goes. That is pretty much a guarantee and its a low number. When the demand is higher its tempting to take customer orders hoping to get them filled. In almost every case a dealer will get extra but not much. Reputable dealers will always disclose this to anyone putting an order in the queue. Prices will not increase on a sold order during the model year. Don't blame GM, they know if everything goes right; exactly how many cars they can produce. AS far as I am aware, every dealer in Canada got at least what they were initially told at the beginning of each year.

Back to the original questions about window labels. 'Crzynot2' is correct. Sometimes GM does not have certain options priced before the car is actually produced. It will arrive with a window label not complete and without pricing. Whether the car remains in stock or is sold and delivered, the dealer will receive one eventually.

Reactions: Crzynot2

My C8 came with the obligatory window sticker which went right into my safe... Happy Motoring!

You can just ask your dealer for a window sticker. They contact GM who issues a duplicate window sticker. I know because I’ve had it done.

Very easy and straightforward procedure. Let’s not make it more complex than it has to be.

Do not do business with monroneylabels.com like someone suggested anove.

I once had them generate a window sticker, and it showed things that were never on the vehicle. Completely bogus. They just make s**t up.

My 2022 HTC had a window sticker. I kept it with the other car paperwork

Reactions: 12cents
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.