Sep 25, 2021
VetteCoins
Province
AB
Hey. I placed my name on 2 lists for a 2022 C8 (back in August) and I have not heard a peep out of them since. Just trying to understand the process and if I should be getting updates more frequently. One of them told me I was #16 on their list where the other couldn’t give me any info.

Would love to hear everyone’s experience s from dealerships in AB. More specifically, Calgary.

Which dealerships? Talked to JC last week and was told their list is at least a year out, talked to Capital about a month ago, they were very upfront about the size of the list, it was 16 at the time (2 had just got allocations and 3 people added to the list). They expected the wait to be early to late spring for an allocation, then the typical build and ship, which could be 2-3 months in Alberta. Also was told Shaganappi was not going to do any customer orders, but would put them all in the dealers name and then sell them at the showroom, they did do this with a few earlier this summer. They were at MSRP, but then added a full ceramic and PPF at a significant mark up.

So then the lack of updates is normal then? At least at this stage.

No: no updates isn't normal or at the very least, you should be able to call and find out what's going on. They should tell you:

-where you currently are on their C8 Stingray list;
-how many people dropped off their list, which resulted in you moving up (hopefully) the same number of spots (did you???);
-how many allocations they received to date, for 2022 Stingrays;
-how many more allocations they guesstimate they may receive, assuming everything flows "as usual" when compared to what they received last year for 2021's (how many 2021's DID they get?). They may tell you they can't predict what's definitely going to happen because of circumstances beyond their control, which is true for everyone (as always these days), however they should be able to give you an educated guess...especially if you tell them you realize there are unknowns such as part shortages. Those part shortages resulted in Bowling Green going down to 1 shift for a bit, but that was only for 2 weeks and ended a week ago, so it's back up to 2 shifts now: check Murray's Current BG production estimate for fairly up to date C8 production info;
-they CAN tell you your current production code status with GM; that's something they can easily look up. It's good to know that since you can track any changes and see your C8 getting closer to where it's actually accepted for production, which is always a fun/frustrating waiting game.

You'll note the comments of Jdm127 above. I purchased my 2020 C8 at Capital in Calgary and my salesman (Craig) had NO PROBLEM providing all of the above info, even though 2020 was the WORST year trying to get a C8 because of the GM strike in 2019 and the prolonged (for months) plant shut-down after COVID first hit. I had to call earlier on and ask for updates but he was always receptive to my calls and provided thoughtful answers as best he could. When my production code reached 3000, he called ME with updates all the way up to my vehicle being delivered. So if Capital can do that, why not other dealerships??

As for Shagganappi, I spoke with a recent purchaser of a C8 and he was told he'd paid "MSRP" and the extra price he was asked to pay over and above the "window sticker MSRP" was due to all the aero accessories they installed at the dealership level. Or at least that was his understanding. He was clueless since he'd done no research nor did he belong to a Corvette Forum or Club...so he literally had no idea he paid at least $25K over MSRP and I didn't have the heart to tell him. That, along with their refusal to order a car for any paying customer, speaks volumes about that dealership IMO.

So I'd suggest you get answers from your salesman and if that doesn't work, pay your dealership a personal visit and talk to the sales manager. It's best to stay on top of this, if you're serious about getting a C8. If you don't get good answers, then consider getting on a list with another dealership (stay on 2 lists) to improve your odds and choose a better one that values customer PR and will keep you informed. Unfortunately, you're nearing the end of the 2022 production, which means you may be looking at a 2023 now. But either way, you should be able to find out what's going on and know to choose another dealership if your odds of getting one where you're at, anytime soon or into 2023, look to be poor. If you sit back and do nothing and don't have a good dealer, you may wait "forever" especially if they decide to hand over your allocation to someone willing to pay big bucks...which they can more easily do if you're not tracking your spot on their list and the C8's they get in. Good luck!

BTW: Capital got about 25 2020 C8's and Craig told me they received around 40 2021's, which makes sense when you realize that around 20,000 2020's were produced then that increased to around 26,000 2021's. Capital only sells at MSRP (max.) and does bump you up on its list when others drop out; that's how I was lucky enough to get my 2020. You can look at when GM intends to shut down the 2022 C8 production and figure out an estimated number of 2022's they'll likely make...looking at Murray's chart...to know if your dealer will get about the same number of 2022's compared to 2021's, or less. This isn't an exact science but should give you some idea. That way you'll have a better idea of what might happen to your order and if it's more likely to spill over into a 2023. Just a thought and remember, knowledge is POWER (lol) and that's the great thing about being on these Forums: you're better able to "talk" to your dealer and not be blown off when they know you've got that knowledge.

Last edited:
Reactions: C8-YYC
Canada hasn't received as many allocations as expected. With the second shift having just begun I assume GM will start to send more allocations to us next month...
I just got word from one of the Ottawa area dealers I was on the list for and I'm getting my allocation later this month (I'm number 1 for the next spot), so, I withdrew my name from Bill Spencer, so, you'll be moving up a spot anyway. LOL....

I got an update from Shaw GMC, looks like I'll be up next as soon as they get their next allocations. Can't wait, but I'm torn between Red Mist and Amplify Orange. Wish I could see them in person.
Both are beautiful colours. Which interior colour are you thinking?

I got an update from Shaw GMC, looks like I'll be up next as soon as they get their next allocations. Can't wait, but I'm torn between Red Mist and Amplify Orange. Wish I could see them in person.
i had my heart set on white until i saw the red mist changed my mind, shaganappi Chev had an orange in show room last weekend you could see if still there and jack carters had red mist again not sure if still there but could give them a call to see. toughest thing when your waiting for allocation is how many times you change your mind. good luck

If you want to see an arctic white one you can come check mine out. Have not put it away for winter yet, maybe Monday!! And yes very easy to keep clean compared to the black one I had!! But the orange is also good-looking.

Amplify Orange is an amazing colour. It changes colour with sunlight and angle. Red mist is a really nice colour, but Amplify Orange really stands out. I prefer reds, but the Orange is a show stopper.

I think this picture tells the story
1637244628382.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.