I'm New Here
May 20, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette
Province
ON
Hi all!

1) What are the extended warranty options? I was quoted $2500+hst for 5 years 60,000km. Is any third party that's reliable worth going for?
2) Was offered 5.99% finance rate. I have really high credit score but I guess it's no use.
Bonus Question) Does anyone know a reliable good price place for a PPF + Ceramic combo with quality work? :)

Thnx.

Hi all!

1) What are the extended warranty options? I was quoted $2500+hst for 5 years 60,000km. Is any third party that's reliable worth going for?
2) Was offered 5.99% finance rate. I have really high credit score but I guess it's no use.
Bonus Question) Does anyone know a reliable good price place for a PPF + Ceramic combo with quality work? :)

Thnx.
Keep in mind that 3 of your 5 years overlaps your existing bumper to bumper GM warranty and your 5 year powertrain warranty. Most guys who opt to buy the warranty package go for the 7 year 80,000 so they at least get a few extra years. Extended warranty is a cash cow for the dealership so it's usually easy to negotiate a considerable savings from the initially quoted price. JMO

A 5.99% finance rate seems high, especially since that rate is compounded rather than simple interest. It sounds like a bank rate. If so:

1. shop around; talk to several banks about vehicle financing rates;
2. make sure that GM doesn't offer any financing rate or options. Talk further with your dealer or perhaps try here: https://www.gmfinancial.ca/en-ca/home.html

Others have responded about the extended warranty. Sorry can't help you on your "bonus question" but there are many other members from Ontario who can. Consider letting us know on this thread what City/town you're in; that may help.

Good luck!

A 5.99% finance rate seems high, especially since that rate is compounded rather than simple interest. It sounds like a bank rate. If so:

1. shop around; talk to several banks about vehicle financing rates;
2. make sure that GM doesn't offer any financing rate or options. Talk further with your dealer or perhaps try here: https://www.gmfinancial.ca/en-ca/home.html

Others have responded about the extended warranty. Sorry can't help you on your "bonus question" but there are many other members from Ontario who can. Consider letting us know on this thread what City/town you're in; that may help.

Good luck!
The dealer said we don't do cash whatsoever which means I can't even go to the bank... and they also said the rate is standard GM rate...

I chose to wait until factory warranty almost runs out. You can buy it then, and by then you will have a good idea of the repair history to date. I have never bought an extended warranty on any car or appliance to date as they are huge profit for the seller, but will revisit this for the C8 in 2023.

Hi all!

Thnx.
I was able to purchase an 84 month, 80,000km warranty for $2491. I had to shop around for it and when I mentioned to my selling dealer that I was purchasing from another dealer, they matched it. Of course I had to show them an email with the quote. I don’t remember the salesperson name, but I think it was LaPlante Cadillac who provided the quote. As for financing, 0% for 1 year. For ceramic coating and PPF, Top Geer Wraps. Talk to Brooke.
Congratulations on your new Vette!!

Don't know if it's legal to refuse a pre-approved bank loan or a cash deal or not but a bunch more money to be made by the dealer if financed.. Dealers routinely use a third party for financing and either receive a kickback or have the opportunity to add 2 or 3 points to the third party rate which goes in their pocket. My dealer pushed financing to me but I had cash in hand and they didn't refuse it.

Reactions: Murray20c8
The dealer said we don't do cash whatsoever which means I can't even go to the bank... and they also said the rate is standard GM rate...
IF you haven't already been waiting months, I would be looking at another dealer. Mine was more than satisfied when I told them I would be paying certified cheque. They are already making a huge commission off of these cars at MSRP!

Dealership profit on an MSRP sale is +/- 9%. Smaller profit than most people think. Roughly only 26% of dealership gross profit comes from new car sales. Their bread and butter for profit is parts and services department that makes up +/- 50% of gross profit.

Declined extended warranty but that 5.99% interest sucks. It seems they won't budge on the 5.99% rate these days in Ontario at least despite the GM website saying 5.49%... Will swap it out with LOC soon.

Reviving this thread to get updated advice from members:
  • Which extended warranty did you opt for (or suggest based on your experience)?
Is this a good deal:
  • Tire and Rim protection (5yr): $1249 plus tax
  • Extended warranty (72 months/100K kms, $100 deductible): $3226 + tax

Thanks 🙏

I bought First Canadian. Is it any better than any others? I don’t know since I have never had to claim on a third party warranty before. The price was a bit less than you quoted but that was 2 years ago. I bought it because my car is. 2020- first year - and I was concerned about problems after GM’s warranty expired. Would I get it again? Now that it’s been 3 model years, probably not for the coupe. If I were to get the convertible then yes- I am worried about the longevity of the 9(I think) motors needed for the roof.
I don’t have an opinion on the rim and tire warranty since I never looked into it.

Reactions: Rhue
I bought First Canadian. Is it any better than any others? I don’t know since I have never had to claim on a third party warranty before. The price was a bit less than you quoted but that was 2 years ago. I bought it because my car is. 2020- first year - and I was concerned about problems after GM’s warranty expired. Would I get it again? Now that it’s been 3 model years, probably not for the coupe. If I were to get the convertible then yes- I am worried about the longevity of the 9(I think) motors needed for the roof.
I don’t have an opinion on the rim and tire warranty since I never looked into it.
Thanks. Yes I do have a convertible so curious to get other member responses.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.