I think there will be guys at 3000 that won't get their cars, wait and see but this looks bad when a dealer had allocation for 200 and getting 82

Attachments

• 106578445_3487479937946540_4377209927833550064_n.jpg
    106578445_3487479937946540_4377209927833550064_n.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 75
  • Wow
Reactions: Sparro
Were you at 3300 and July 20th date and you were cancelled?
I'm at 3000 and Sept 21

Your old post:
Gilles27 said:
I'm still on track to get VIN 6666 the week of July 20th, would that be devilish or an omen! My car is at Status 3300 but I couldn't get the VIN from my dealer maybe I need to be at 3400

GM's original Allocations were for ~ 48,000. 40% of 48,000 = 19,200. They will build ALL 3000 status orders
I don't think that is golden info, I speak often with Jeff Easton from Brian Cullen who has been a top Corvette salesman for many years and he is not convinced of that yet, so many other variables still up in the air. Sure I hope your right but till we see a second shift and consistent full capacity I'm still 50/50.Not trying to worry anyone but some of the U.S guys TPW just got pushed back today, yes I know they are on the 1 week holiday break this week.

Were you at 3300 and July 20th date and you were cancelled?
I'm at 3000 and Sept 21

Your old post:
Gilles27 said:
I'm still on track to get VIN 6666 the week of July 20th, would that be devilish or an omen! My car is at Status 3300 but I couldn't get the VIN from my dealer maybe I need to be at 3400
No I'm still good, ( can't be sure till car arrives) this is another buyers response from his dealer.

I don't think that is golden info, I speak often with Jeff Easton from Brian Cullen who has been a top Corvette salesman for many years and he is not convinced of that yet, so many other variables still up in the air. Sure I hope your right but till we see a second shift and consistent full capacity I'm still 50/50.Not trying to worry anyone but some of the U.S guys TPW just got pushed back today, yes I know they are on the 1 week holiday break this week.
True, nothing is carved in stone, but GM is on record saying they will, barring unforeseen issues. Like Covid rearing it's ugly head once again. I admit it's very possible.

Reactions: ABC
I don't think this letter from "Boardwalk Chevrolet" changes anything. We've been told that GM hopes to fill all 2020 orders at 3000 (or better) status and that's expected to be about 20,000 in total. So this letter tells us GM was originally hoping its 2020 production would be about 50,000 (perhaps that was their order total before they cut it off?) and that number now is reduced by 60% to about 20,000. The 50,000 is certainly high compared to other years but the 2020 is very much in demand and you can't blame GM for maximizing its production on a popular new model. So the dealer is breaking the news to those not at 3000 status and pointing them towards the 2021 option and giving them priority. At least those people now have certainty and can make an informed decision.

The rest of us at 3000 (or better) status should get our C8, unless COVID interrupts Bowling Green production again or the supply chain that feeds it. Here's hoping for the best...

FIAT Chrysler just re-closed 2 plants due to Covid cases..just saying..expectations should be kept very very low going forward

I'm going to maintain a "glass half full" attitude. I've waited so long up to this point in time, I'm "all in". So until I hear otherwise from a definitive source I'll maintain a parking spot on a 4-post lift in my garage for a 2020 C8.

Here's hoping the power of positive thought will sway the day!

No I'm still good, ( can't be sure till car arrives) this is another buyers response from his dealer.

Gilles27
I got all excited as I am hoping for a delay on my Sept 21 order so I can switch to a 2021 HTC. Dealer says no deposit return so I'll have to sell the car and reorder or maybe take a bit of a hit and let the dealer have it. I am on 2 different 2021 wait lists in case I'm not able to roll the order over to a 2021.

Why do you want a 2021 instead, colour or other?
I decided to change to a HTC because I want a manual trans! We have never been a convertible couple (not counting a TR3, MGB, Miata, Boxter,) My C8 will go straight to our snowbird home in Arizona for winters there like my C7. We don't go far or fast but an every day driver. I'm starting to think if I don't have something to spice up the Auto Trans ride I'll end up selling it and go back to a manual C7 or? We like the yellow black top HTC but not adverse to a change either. A non Z51 mag ride would be good.

I just double checked on my TPW. Other than going from Sept 28 to Oct 5 TPW they had no other news. I believe BG will be running this week as well according to this article:

Guessing that unless they've been sleeping these last few months, that anyone stuck at event code 1100 likely already saw the writing on the wall, but now it's official. Good info Murray. Although it will disappoint some, they can now quit praying to the Vette gods and start thinking ahead and saving their $$$ for next year.

Reactions: ABC and Murray20c8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.