iOS Image - 784658485.jpg
iOS Image - 2288057174.jpg
iOS Image - 4256829558.jpg
iOS Image - 2991597157.jpg
iOS Image - 44405496.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Gilles27 and drgmny
Wow yes and thanks for the intel.

So the stats have confirmed the 3 most popular exterior colours are again: red, white and black. We'll see if that holds true for the rest of the production run.

Almost makes me want to switch to a 2021 order, for the non-Z51 magnetic ride and the new colours...

But wait...

No I'll still stay with the 2020 if it means driving a C8 sooner. Here's hoping my 3000 status will change to a 3100 soon, then moreso a 3300!

I'm going to "steal" from the "mid-Forum" since I didn't sign up for the online NCM Bash/presentation today and listen to Tadge talking about the 2020 and 2021 C8's. But here's some useful info posted this afternoon which I assume to be correct and I credit the source as "jagamajajaran" who is a "founding member" of that Forum so I suspect he's reliable (and my thanks to him):

Just a few highlights from today's NCM Bash presentation by Tadge Jeuchter and Harlan Charles...
2020 MY

• The 2020 MY will be extended to build as many existing 2020 orders as possible, but they may not be able to build all of the 2020 MY orders that have been submitted
  • Supplier production ability will ultimately determine how many of these they will be able to build
2021 MY
  • 2021 MY orders will probably start being accepted in late July, 2020
  • 2021 MY base price on the coupe and convertible will remain unchanged, but there may be some changes in options pricing
  • New Color for 2021 - Silver Flare Metallic - Tadge described as having the appearance of "liquid metal"
  • New Color for 2021 - Red Mist Tint Coat Metallic - Tadge described as a "fiery" red and has ordered his 2021 CTF car in this color
  • FE2 Magnetic Selective Ride Control available on non-Z51
NOTE: The 20,181, represents 2020 MY orders that have been accepted into the ordering system by Chevrolet.

So with about 2,700 C8's already built, they need to build another 17,000+ to fulfill all the 2020 orders, given the 20,181 orders that GM has accepted for the 2020's. Let's hope they put in another shift as planned in early July and don't get hit with any more COVID delays or supply chain problems. Of interest, only the base 1LT trim coupe and convertible is price-protected (no increase expected for 2021) so those of us with higher trim models who switch to 2021 may be hit with an increase and the same applies to options. Oh well. I suspect that GM will want to carry on with its PR efforts (as shown by no price increase for the base models) so any price increase will be modest. We'll all have to stay tuned a bit longer...

Reactions: ABC
If you change from a 2020 to a 2021 for whatever reason, a whole new order is created. So you are free to do whatever you want. Only issue is where will you be in the queue? There is no guarantee that just because you had a 2020 order and were at the top its a whole new ballgame for 2021. There could be 50 people that put their money down for 2021 because you decided to move to a 2021 from a 2020.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Check with your dealer to find out where you are on he 2021 list. He will likely have the orders in date order for each list and he would insert you into his 2021 list where you would have fallen if it was originally a 2021 order. BUT HE DOESN'T HAVE TO! So check with your dealer.

Knowing the high numbers of people at 1100 status with dealers I would assume they become priority for the 2021s.

I don't believe if you put your money down to be one of the first 2021's that you would be first in queue. You'll likely get bumped for those who wanted 2020s.
You are forgetting those that might have put a deposit down for a 2021 in July 2019. They would have preference over a 2020 order put in in December.

Reactions: Sparro
I tried to get confirmation from my dealer, about what happens to 2020 orders where the buyer is forced to switch to a 2021. I still don't have an answer back. However, the point made by "Murray20c8" is valid...but only from the perspective of a person who originally ordered a 2021 and placed that order before someone who ordered a 2020. If someone was promised a 2020, I think they should get priority when the 2020 disappears and the only choice they have is a 2021. Or at least if the 2020 order was at 3000 status before it was pulled, that should give the 2020 buyer priority.

But that's admittedly my completely biased viewpoint, as a person who jumped on the 2020 bandwagon and is now in danger of being pushed off. There's no right answer to a bad and unexpected situation where not everyone will be happy with whatever is done.

• Agree
Reactions: Sparro
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread