Cobourg, Ontario
VetteCoins
Username Style Freeform (Sponsors)
Thread Title Style (Sponsors)
Car
2009 Base 1LT
Province
ON
Saw this posted in the Eastern Ontario Corvette Club - Facebook group. GM has brought a production 2020 Corvette 3LT Z51 Coupe in Sebring Orange to the head office in Oshawa, Ontario.

80639090_1082086698797343_7662621178216841216_n.jpg

80109877_1082086725464007_1801581417365241856_n.jpg

79775320_1082086795464000_3749317324818087936_n.jpg

It is available for people to go see, but it is behind security - you need to register as a visitor to view it.

I do not know what the policy is on people entering the head office. I highly recommend calling ahead to see if you can view it and at what time.

Their phone number is +1 800-463-7483

Address: 1908 Colonel Sam Dr, Oshawa, ON L1H 8P7

No, you cannot see it from outside. It is in the lobby which is around the back side of the building.

Just placed my order for the same car except hardtop convertible. Orange, Z51, LT3, magnetic ride, front lift suspension, carbon fibre trim, and a few other things I cant remember. LOL. Not expecting it until mid summer though. Will be a long wait.

Just placed my order for the same car except hardtop convertible. Orange, Z51, LT3, magnetic ride, front lift suspension, carbon fibre trim, and a few other things I cant remember. LOL. Not expecting it until mid summer though. Will be a long wait.
I placed my order in August with a 5k deposit and was told today that I probably won’t get mine until 2021!

Reactions: kerry4
That's a half hour drive from my house, I might pop down.
Sparro you make me laugh I quote " I might pop down to see It" I'm a 4 hour drive to see it and I'm calling tomorrow to see if they are open during the holidays. I have never even seen a sebring orange C7 so it's for sure Christmas seeing a C8!

Reactions: Sparro
Sparro you make me laugh I quote " I might pop down to see It" I'm a 4 hour drive to see it and I'm calling tomorrow to see if they are open during the holidays. I have never even seen a sebring orange C7 so it's for sure Christmas seeing a C8!
LOL... YES I CAN SEE THAT. I can't go see it right away cause I got a first world problem. I got family here tomorrow and I leave for a cruise Christmas Day and won't be back home till January 5th!!! I can't "pop down" tell after that... lol

• Haha
Reactions: Gilles27
ridiculous deposit > you chose the wrong dealer
$500 deposit > DEC order/MAR production
View attachment 34374

Actually I just put my deposit in last week and I was also told to expect a 2021 delivery. Same $5000 deposit. Should I reconsider and put the deposit down at another dealership? any recommendations? I would really appreciate it feel free to PM/DM me :)

Torch Red, Coupe, 1LT or 2LT (flexible but I put the event 1000 order in for 1LT).

Many dealerships are doing $5,000 deposits so they only have people who are very serious on their list.

Not suggesting someone who puts a few hundred down aren't serious, but anyone who puts the $5k down isn't likely to back out because they can't afford the car

Reactions: OttawaKev
Many dealerships are doing $5,000 deposits so they only have people who are very serious on their list.

Not suggesting someone who puts a few hundred down aren't serious, but anyone who puts the $5k down isn't likely to back out because they can't afford the car
We put down a $78,000.00 deposit. Was from our trade in 2019. So I think they know how serious we are. They guarenteed we are at the top of the list. They have been very helpful and the rep is actually a friend of mine. Nice guy and put in an order for two since we wanted the convertible. But there is a backup coupe so that if we don't want to wait for the vert and is taking to long we can switch the the coupe. He wanted a coupe for himself but planned on waiting till 2021. I told him I am pretty sure I will wait for what I want instead of getting something sooner that I will regret. I have been waiting for 30 years or so since they first started talking about making a mid engine. Had almost given up they would make one but they did.

Oh strange, my deposit was actually fully refundable anytime for any reason.

I can't see anyone placing a deposit that isn't refundable
Once the order is placed I heard it isn't refundable. Makes sense if they are making a Corvette just for you with the options you want. Someone else might not like the options the first person asked for. But I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem selling it since it sounds like a big demand for it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.