After watching Morgan Crosbie's YouTube video (see "Production Halted..." October 8th posting on C8 Forum), where he says GM advised him that 2020 C8's made for Canadians wouldn't ship to Canada after mid-November, I found this posting made yesterday by "GM Canada" on the Corvette Forum:

"Hi everyone....this is the Chevrolet Canada Marketing team here. We wanted to help clarify this situation.
There is no "hold" being placed on Canadian orders for the winter. Barring any unforeseen shipping delays (ie. bad weather, 3rd party issues), 2020MY Corvettes will ship to all markets in Canada throughout the winter months. We hope this provides clarity to the topic.
Thank you for your support!
Chevrolet Canada"

So perhaps something changed with the information initially provided to Morgan Crosbie? Anyways, good news for Canadians who won't have to watch their 2020's sitting outside in the Bowling Green parking lot until next Spring.

Morgan started off strong having the first C8 in Canada and I enjoyed his youtube channel but now I unsubscribed as he never replies to anything( yes we're all busy but you work in sales it's what you do answer questions) guess the married life has crushed another one.

Hi Corvette friends,

Apologies for the delay... our Corvette Charity Auction has been keeping us busy. Hope you've all had a chance to check out the site and the videos.

Yes, we can verify here as well, there is no "hold" being placed on Canadian orders for the winter. Barring any unforeseen shipping delays (ie. bad weather, 3rd party issues), 2020MY Corvettes will ship to all markets in Canada throughout the winter months. We hope this provides clarity to the topic.

Your Chevrolet Canada Corvette Team.

Hi Corvette friends,

Apologies for the delay... our Corvette Charity Auction has been keeping us busy. Hope you've all had a chance to check out the site and the videos.

Yes, we can verify here as well, there is no "hold" being placed on Canadian orders for the winter. Barring any unforeseen shipping delays (ie. bad weather, 3rd party issues), 2020MY Corvettes will ship to all markets in Canada throughout the winter months. We hope this provides clarity to the topic.

Your Chevrolet Canada Corvette Team.

Ok, good news ! Can we order our C8 it’s been since July 18 2019 some people here are waiting to have allocation it’s really annoying, I think Canadiens buyer for C8 have been very patient, GM Canada should do something to help us ?

Thanks in advance
Kevin

Ok, good news ! Can we order our C8 it’s been since July 18 2019 some people here are waiting to have allocation it’s really annoying, I think Canadiens buyer for C8 have been very patient, GM Canada should do something to help us ?

Thanks in advance
Kevin
What has been since July 2019? You paid a deposit? Do you mean a TPW? or are you ordering a 2021?

Put deposit, waiting for allocation, hope to have a 2021
It all depends on your dealer and his list. It has nothing to do with GM Canada.
If you wanted a 2021 and got on your dealers list a year ago, I'd say your chances are extremely good, but again it all depends on your dealer.

Reactions: ABC
It all depends on your dealer and his list. It has nothing to do with GM Canada.
If you wanted a 2021 and got on your dealers list a year ago, I'd say your chances are extremely good, but again it all depends on your dealer.

Yes I know I figure it out last spring small dealer and they only receive one allocation

Kevindesj, Murray is right you need to investigate your dealer. How many allocations did they have for 2020? If none
what was their average C7 Corvette sales per year? Now because 2020 production has been pushed back so late in the year to reach
the 20182 target, no dealer has been given their initial 2021 allocation yet so your dealer won't know for sure, but they
should be able to give you an educated guess based on where you are on the waiting list.
Gilles27, if there is something you need to know I can drop in and talk to Morgan anytime, so shoot me your questions.
My neighbour two doors over has a 2021 on order with him.

Morgan started off strong having the first C8 in Canada and I enjoyed his youtube channel but now I unsubscribed as he never replies to anything( yes we're all busy but you work in sales it's what you do answer questions) guess the married life has crushed another one.
Hey pal, I heard that Morgan responded to you on another site...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.