Feb 23, 2009
Edmonton, AB
VetteCoins
Province
AB
Sad I could'nt join the Rocky Mountain cruise as I read was just a blast. My excuse for not attending was this fantastic event. Consider it next year, they are looking for more drivers to match up with a Stollery kid. Im just overwhelmed and inspired by the kids I encountered and the one day they get pampered and forget their issues! So anyways, I think there were just north of 60 cars at the event. The day started at the Villenue airport allowing each child to experience a breathtaking helicopter ride. Then a random pairing of a child to a nice car for a cruise from the airport, thru St. Albert and on to the Legislature grounds for an opportunity for the public to see the cars gathered. Well let me just say these are not just any old cars as I'd consider our Vette and the other three that participated .... well let's just say they were basic cars at the show. Hard to match up to the 10+ Lambo's (Barneee was my favorite!!) , at least 8 Ferraris, throw in a Mclearn, a few Audi R10's, a new NSX, Demon and I8 .....etc. But guess what the kids didnt care what they rode in. Wrapped up with a gala at the RIver Cree to laugh and tear up with Stollery kids sharing their life experiences. And $100K+ raised for the cause. Again, encourage you to attend next year! Heres a few images to share.

RIMG0641.JPG
RIMG0642.JPG
RIMG0644.JPG
RIMG0645.JPG
RIMG0648.JPG

RIMG0652.JPG
RIMG0653.JPG

Last edited:
great event Frank... thanks for sharing.... And I'm surprised the number of new C8's in the pictures....errrrrr.... maybe they were Lambos, Ferraris, and McLarens... hard to tell..... :angelic:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.