Featured Thread

YFCvii

Power User
Beta
Oct 10, 2016
VetteCoins
I first saw these trucks in pre-production and unexpected at Spring Mountain in April 2018 when we were there of my Wife's Corvette Owners Experience.
The entire lineup of 2019 GM & Chevy trucks were brought in along with the C7 ZR1 for a GM Dealership Event that took place the week following our visit.
I got to check out everything on these trucks and so one has been on my list along with the ZR1 ever since. Now with thoughts of a New C7 ZR1 buried in the ground ...

Considering the 2019 Sierra? I bought one and am rather impressed with the truck. I bought a loaded 1500 Denali with Factory Ultimate and Performance Packages.
There is not much more to add to this truck other than perhaps air bags to beef-up the Magnetic Ride Suspension as the truck can lower with heavier receiver weights.
F3E09EC8-5DF9-47F4-A0B1-C8A978AEC812.jpeg

Last edited:
What a nice truck for trailering. The Ultimate Package includes 4 TPMS valves for your trailer. I installed 2 of them and they work ... nice!
Cameras on this truck are very helpful as well. The camera rear view mirror allows for greater peripheral viewing at a glance that can
pickup those pacer-vehicles that can be tough seeing at a glance through the side mirrors.
As soon as I plugged the trailer in for power, a message asking if I want to setup a new trailer appeared on my dash screen. Once setup, wow rather interesting and nice.
11146496-1E55-4AF1-821E-A473F7B2E64B.jpeg

Rear view mirror in brake-light camera mode peripheral
990A292A-20A8-4DAD-B221-D93C3E0B714E.jpeg

Tailgate Camera angles down and has a light for aligning the receiver without an “assistant”.
2DEA974A-C17F-4C21-8854-B071FBA7E025.jpeg

A few more camera views
F95A6FFA-25BF-4690-8458-925FDAE768C9.jpeg

The reverse assistance markings in the screen will direct you to the receiver when the trailer is connected and your are reversing
9A19D05A-FCA2-4A69-82FE-ADAF80315682.jpeg

01746EF7-E002-44EE-9F8F-6235A25A104B.jpeg

Trailer information once setup and tpms is installed on your trailer wheels.
289BCDB5-0800-4536-B9E6-C8729D3A2002.jpeg

While Driving, you can pull up trailer information and know that all your lights and connections are good. If you hit a rough road and a light loses it's power, it will be displayed immediately (really nice for knowing when a turn signal is not working)
0F89B3A4-13A3-4CE1-9476-6E23A013AF14.jpeg

61B45154-E546-4BD2-8896-771320DF5E33.jpeg

Last edited:
The facets on these 22 inch Denali wheels make for a lot of time to clean them up. We did our initial detail as the dealer-delivery detail was kinda “greasy” to us as everything seemed to stick to them. We do wheels twice per year especially since not knowing what municipalities are putting on the roads now in winter months. I’m going to test the rubber that comes with the vehicle over the winter to see if I will swap them out for all-terrain type tread (ie Bridgestone Duelers)
EAA4FD21-1A1C-4D9B-B4AF-C0FAE3AF9E87.jpeg

Hi. Now that is a beautie!

I bought a 19 Silverado RST (a medium trim level) as a work truck that not only logs 1200 kicks per week some of that is on rough roads. So far I am pleased with the quality and power, etc. BUT there was one sore spot; the Infotainment system. The unit would randomly re-boot and in some cases multiple re-boots that continued for 20 or 30 minutes. This problem seriously tried my patience considering how much time I spend behind the wheel and I listen to SiriusXM continuously. I had a software update which resolved most issues but I cannot connect certain devices (Garmin Approach, old mobile phones....) into the USB ports because the GPS will not access the map data from the SD at the same time.

.... did you experience any issues with your Infotainment system? Based on the photo it looks like the same model that I have....

.... did you experience any issues with your Infotainment system? Based on the photo it looks like the same model that I have....
Thank you for your comments. I have to say the Silverado has some rather attractive physical characteristics that definitely had my attention.
Struggling with the model choices, I decided to just fall back with the fact that I've only owned GMC trucks. My first Denali though.

I was in fact caught off guard with a message on my infotainment screen making me aware of a software update.
I was parked and loading up the truck at the time so I just let it update. Fortunately I could leave it parked for 20 minutes.
I have been trying to find out since if this was a GM thing or an XM thing or an OnStar thing. I decided not to waste my time
as I am just waiting for XM to end it's "free period" and then see if it happens again. I will have OnStar for the 5 year inclusive basic stuff.

Since buying my 2016 Corvette, I've been more and more accepting of Car Play as I get used to it. I love the Infotainment GPS as a backup
for when cell service is not available. My phone is an iPhone X and so far it all has been working together nicely. I am also saying this
will a mere 1400km of the odometer - more travelling to come in the coming weeks though as I test out much more.
So far, so good with infotainment as I known it can be quite a compromise when it is not working very well.

Reactions: ddgermann
The optional new tail gate design. Well, we will see how it goes in good time. So far Love It for box access and unloading.
As there is also an optional grab bar for stepping up ... sure I like that too.

BD4AF123-0CC3-46A1-AF21-0C290CB802D2.jpeg

Hauling box loads has a couple of load-stop positions.
58D5D256-F78F-4A18-955B-030CE724BBED.jpeg

A7115EF7-4B52-4C8E-B5E9-40406B9BDE30.jpeg

This is apparently a “workbench” position
489CA206-4759-48E9-BDA6-B862EFEE8FC7.jpeg

What gets a failure grade is that the step cannot be used with a hitch receiver in place
C41C3544-7B3A-4612-97F4-1A050AD5BF0E.jpeg

I can imagine the young hockey player coming to the truck to load the gear and pressing the buttons
that has the tailgate swinging down as a step and the hitch receiver is there .... 😳

Last edited:
They are gorgeous....but IMO opinion they are lagging way behind in technology, creature comforts and fit and finish compared to the other full size trucks.....still wouldn’t buy the other brands though. GM has always dragged their heals on technology

Yup ... I've tried many times ... but buyer's remorse/regret and unsettled sleepness nights sets in for me well before even buying another Vehicle Make.
I have helped a few friends with a purchase of a Toyota and a Ford ... but I just can't do it for myself.
I have good friends with Dodge and Ford Trucks ...
We just say that we also have different women in ours lives too ... one doesn’t have one of those but has a dog instead (and a truck) 😂

When I saw it a few years ago I thought the Ford tailgate step was kind of flimsy looking ..although it does clear a towing receiver bar if left in place.
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Dik and ddgermann
Nice looking truck Sp. Little surprised that size boat sucks the rear down that much but maybe that's just the camera angle. Still a nice ride. Congrats.

Thank you @Rruuff Day.
I noticed a dropped look ... thinking it’s not much but will agree it sure looks like more. The grade is uneven sand and the truck does sink in the sand a bit.
One of the things on my list is to measure the bumper drop when hooking up either of my two trailers. I’m hoping the photo angle is exaggerating it as the tongue weight is not that significant.
This may be a drawback of it being equipped with mag ride and the salesperson mentioned air bags as an option that some buyers have done as oncoming vehicles were flashing lights at them at night when trailering at night (thinking they had high beams on).
I pick up my boat in a couple of days and will try and remember to measure what the drop might be and add to this post.

Last edited:
Nice looking truck Sp. Little surprised that size boat sucks the rear down that much but maybe that's just the camera angle. Still a nice ride. Congrats.
Follow-up ... yup she drops 5/8” with the boat ... Fortunate my major towing is on two occasions as the boat stays on the lift/lake throughout the Summer.
So I’m not gonna get crazy about it ... yet 🤔 ... here's a shot on asphalt - perhaps the drop not looking as extreme
B90EFC1C-738A-49AE-A71B-C3ADDE689921.jpeg

To add to the thread ...
I took photos of the rear view mirror differences between “normal” and “camera” modes... it’s quite a difference 😁👍🏻

Normal (back headrest blind spots)
0860611E-2DB0-4C2C-9552-FFB809F863B8.jpeg

Camera mode (notice the lever that switches modes that gets pushed forward just under the mirror in this shot)
6CE997F3-1E05-46B8-9B40-E28FE46B0C83.jpeg

Last edited:
Follow-up ... yup she drops 5/8” with the boat ... Fortunate my major towing is on two occasions as the boat stays on the lift/lake throughout the Summer.
So I’m not gonna get crazy about it ... yet 🤔 ... here's a shot on asphalt - perhaps the drop not looking as extreme
View attachment 31091

To add to the thread ...
I took photos of the rear view mirror differences between “normal” and “camera” modes... it’s quite a difference 😁👍🏻

Normal (back headrest blind spots)
View attachment 31083

Camera mode (notice the lever that switches modes that gets pushed forward just under the mirror in this shot)
View attachment 31082

5/8" is bugger all. Looks dead level now. Love the mirror view option. Nice feature.

• Agree
Reactions: 12cents and YFCvii
I see.

GMC or Chevrolet, I buy either.

I am a short box, standard cab guy but GM hasn't made one the last two years! But that is another thread....
I am a GM 'shorty' truck fan as well. I am going to have to stick with my '05 GMC stepside forever since they don't build them anymore. But I read where GM makes them for the middle east. So we go there, buy one and ship it home. When I can afford something and am told I can't have it, I want it even more. When I thought they didn't make them now, I was resigned to that fact. Now that I know they do make them, I want one now. What I really want is the 6.2 L that's probably in it. I went to great expense to toss the 4.8 and install a cammed 5.3 but I still want more.

Reactions: Dik and YFCvii
5/8" is bugger all. Looks dead level now. Love the mirror view option. Nice feature.
Agree ... I was forewarned about the likelihood on the sale though as a result of being mag ride equipped. So I know I’m pretty much at a levelling weight with this trailer ... even though it can tow much more ... its not on my agenda to do that (well other than perhaps a corvette hauler for the corvette I don’t own yet 🤣)

Last edited:
Truck is running great at 7120km ...
Can’t say much about the IT Department as Computer Geeks knowledge of what Brake Pads are, must have been using the vehicle depreciation algorithm ... geez eh !
The latest from OnStar report ...
627ED6E5-A713-4F19-98FA-0E75B4D6DDE1.jpeg

That's a nice truck Spence. Is the jawdrop feature new on 2020? How they do it? Camera on back of towed boat/trailer??:Woot:

One of a few added features for 2020 ... along with adaptive cruise control.

knowing trailer tire temps and when trailer lights are not working is an awesome added feature to have in this 2019 and on ... 😁👍🏻

The facets on these 22 inch Denali wheels make for a lot of time to clean them up. We did our initial detail as the dealer-delivery detail was kinda “greasy” to us as everything seemed to stick to them. We do wheels twice per year especially since not knowing what municipalities are putting on the roads now in winter months. I’m going to test the rubber that comes with the vehicle over the winter to see if I will swap them out for all-terrain type tread (ie Bridgestone Duelers)
View attachment 31004
What a stunning looking truck.

Towing a 20ft Car Hauler with this Sierra for a move to the East Coast. Installed Trailer-TPMS valves.
The new trailer tires are rated with 80psi cold so I put 75psi for the empty journey from YEG to YYC.
This will be awesome for knowing how the trailer and truck is doing while on the road to YFC.
I will have to see if fuel economy can improve over the long haul from what it calculates after the first 172km.

68955B5B-84FF-4EDD-843A-76DE817EA407.jpeg
D6971897-2BF1-44FB-A447-93FC165753B1.jpeg

2C41F99E-6B02-4BC9-9408-C330BA42FAD0.jpeg

290FD04E-4C77-4A9C-A285-3256B29C54F4.jpeg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.