Thanks for posting, I haven't heard this guy before but like his demeanor and comments. For me, an interesting and somewhat humorous fact......he's 26 years old and got an insurance quote on a 2019 GS in his state for 6 months for $660!!! At least in Ontario, being 26 years old his quote would most likely be over $6,000 a year! Do we get fleeced in Ontario or what? Actually, I kinda like NOT seeing 26 year olds driving brand new Vettes :)

Thanks for posting, I haven't heard this guy before but like his demeanor and comments. For me, an interesting and somewhat humorous fact......he's 26 years old and got an insurance quote on a 2019 GS in his state for 6 months for $660!!! At least in Ontario, being 26 years old his quote would most likely be over $6,000 a year! Do we get fleeced in Ontario or what? Actually, I kinda like NOT seeing 26 year olds driving brand new Vettes :)
I’m 33 and in Ontario and my insurance actually went down when I got my C7Z if you can believe it! I had a 2015 BMW 435i before and my insurance went from about $2000/year to about $1200/year with the Z06, and that’s with a waiver of depreciation =)

Reactions: ddgermann
Great to hear! Insurance is probably betting you only drive the Z06 6 mths (or less) as well. Mine also dropped to $880 yr but I've got ya by a couple of decades 🧓

Yeah, kind of surprised me also, went from a 2015 CTS to a 2019 C7 Z51 (have a 2018 XT5 for a winter clunker on the same policy) and even after loosing all of the safety features that I had on the Caddy my insurance still went down by $380, and then I got the refund cheque in late November when I took the collision off for the winter. Explanation I got was it is due to my age (66) plus the current demographic shows that 'new' Corvette owners are older, more mature than a couple of decades ago. Seems they figure I'm at a lower risk of having an accident when driving my 460hp Z51 than I was when driving my 'safety optioned to the hilt' V6 CTS. Okay, if they think so, works for me. Even so, when I put my C7 back on the road come April, I think I'll look for vans with tinted windows parked across the street from my house :Snaphappy:, just to be sure. :Nono1:

• Haha
Reactions: ddgermann

Phew, darn those 26year olds! I'm 27, Ontario, & just bought my first Corvette a 2019 GS 2lt (pick-up in April)and was quoted roughly $1300 a year premium for my insurance. Got to say, I'm pleasantly surprised it's cheaper than the daily 2017 Hyundai Elantra Sport...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.