Jul 1, 2017
VetteCoins
This just out on the possible interior of the upcoming ZR1. Not much unique but no surprise there as it is a C7 car. See lots of CF and they have a special badge covered up on the wheel.
The article speculates on the possibility of that boring looking shift knob being attached to a co-developed with Ford, A10 transmission.

IMG_6415.JPG

The article

Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Interior Revealed In Latest Spy Photos

Just kidding about the shift knob you A8 guys. Haha

When I first glanced at picture, I thought has GM lost their minds? After 2nd look, I thought no way this could be right. Nice prank ddgermann!

No prank. :Smuggrin: That's the pic from the article. Likely as Mike said a mount for something. Just the thought of driving screws into the dash of my Z makes me flinch. Notice the part of the pic that's whited out.. they are hiding something that the photographer was willing to take out as other articles with this guys pictures are the same.
If you look carefully at the close up of the shift knob in the article it almost looks like "10 Speed" as well.... :thumbs:

Just noticed they said the C8 is expected next year in the link. Seems a. It early to me as I doubt they would produce the ZR1 for one year.

Riley the shut down for the plant this year was for..??? The A8 line to be added in? Or upgrades to the C7 line..and the addition of the ZR1?... a model that's being phased out?? Plant tours stopped.
Anyone think the C7 ZR1s are essentially assembled and sitting in a large warehouse waiting for aero and hoods to be installed before they finally release them? Too many 17 Z06s left in lots...?
Leaves some excellent room for speculation. Ya a lot of effort for a car released for only 1 year. Perhaps at least a couple years of C7 ZR1 concurrent with C8 production. A first for Corvette. 2 models available simultaneously.
I expect we will know soon. :D
D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread