Tony Gull

Casual User
Nov 16, 2015
St. Albert
VetteCoins
Car
2018 Z06
Well I did it and hope I don't regret it. Trading in my beautiful, more 'practical' '14 Premiere Edition that I just put new skins on for a Black Rose Z06 that is currently being built. Feel I got a great deal price wise though and I fell in love with the colour. The things I may regret are:
- getting an A8 instead of the M7(love the auto 6 speed in my Beemer but did fight with myself when I ordered this car about the A6 or M6)
- getting shark grey vents instead of the stock black
- front lip clearance looks sketchy, hope it not too easy to hit on stuff. Will probably need curb ramps at home whereas now I don't
- forced to get a black interior as the only 2 choices were black or the orangy brown leather

Anyone that owns a Z06 or Grandsport, how is the driving around town? Do speed bumps cause issues and does the front camera show how much room you have there?

The car is a amazing driving around town or anywhere, especially with the A8. Trust me when I say you wont regret that decision whatsoever. Orangy brown leather interior.... kalahari you mean? Pushing just over 42000km on mine.

IMG_1904.JPG

Reactions: Tony Gull
I live in Vancouver, i have a 2016 Z06 with a 7sp manual and all is fine while rippin around town. However, i do have to drive in at an angle at the entrance to the underground parking at the apartment building we live at to minimalize the rubbing of the front splitter. Before when i had my C6 Z06 it would grind hard because the car was lowered. I ended up renting a spot at another building where i wouldn't grind the front splitter upon entry.

Oh and hey enjoy your new ride! :thumbs:

I live in Vancouver, i have a 2016 Z06 with a 7sp manual and all is fine while rippin around town. However, i do have to drive in at an angle at the entrance to the underground parking at the apartment building we live at to minimalize the rubbing of the front splitter. Before when i had my C6 Z06 it would grind hard because the car was lowered. I ended up renting a spot at another building where i wouldn't grind the front splitter upon entry.

Oh and hey enjoy your new ride! :thumbs:
Do you know if the front camera shows distance to an object or clearance or both?

The front cameras will not show clearance from the bottom of the splitter to the ground. You will get a top view so you can see how close you get to whichever object or car parked in front of you. The screen spits in half, top half is the top view and bottom half splits into left and right forward view.

Tony a bit late here but the car is no problem with almost all speed bumps and parking lot entrances. You take them at an angle and all is good. Once you get used to them the front cameras work great for inching up to curbs as you will not clear over them.
I have the M7 and 95% of the time it's great around town. Some days are great clutch days and others not so great.
I drive the A8 as well for a while and yes... better around town for sure.
Did you get your new 18 Z yet?

Although I don't have a full break-in yet I'm almost there (700k) I love it so far auto included. Ground clearance seems similar to the Z51 so far but I did buy curb ramps. Just cause I'm never happy I'd say the auto isn't as refined as the 6 speed ZF in my Beemer. I'd say it just needs to learn my driving habits. The shifts are ridiculously fast though, especially when given er bit. Everything else though, from the sound system to the ride quality, feel better than my '14 Z51.

Reactions: ddgermann
That's great to hear. I found the same with the A8. The harder you are into it the quicker and firmer the shift.
My new 17Z has 400 km now. Love the car. For looks it's a toss up between the C6 and C7Zs but once you're inside the C7 there's no looking back. (Sorry Mike... hehe).
So glad you are loving the new Z :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread