steveboss

Apr 4, 2017
Caledon
Best answers
Car
2017 Z06 Corvette
Reactions
2 0 0
I have (not using) a nearly new Watkins Glen Grey over black with red stitching and seat belts. It has only 7,200KM and is a full load car with an MSRP sticker showing $138K with the full carbon fibre package. In addition I had the full front end 3M done, rim & tire warranty, carbon fibre air intake, carbon fibre fender flares and winglets have been added. The car has never seen a track or rain. I would like to sell it for a reasonable offer of $129K or ????. The car is located in Toronto.

Here is a link to the dealer I have it on consignment with www.gtamotorcars.com/certified/Chevrolet/2017-Chevrolet-Corvette-27f9fb770a0e08be2b7caef0b3688a59.htm They can help with trade in allowances or financing options should you need it.

Last edited:

ddgermann

Power User
Beta
C7 Owner
Jul 1, 2017
Edmonton
Best answers
Car
2017 3LZ Z06 Z07
Reactions
3,092 11 0
Nice car.

Rruuff Day

Staff member
Power User
Beta
C7 Owner
Aug 30, 2014
Pine Lake, Alberta
Best answers
Car
C7 3LT ZF1
Reactions
4,211 9 0
Sweet looking car. 13 % HST as well by the looks of the Dealer ad... Is that correct?

OP
OP
S

steveboss

Apr 4, 2017
Caledon
Best answers
Car
2017 Z06 Corvette
Reactions
2 0 0
Sweet looking car. 13 % HST as well by the looks of the Dealer ad... Is that correct?
I am not sure about the HST. If you buy a car from a private seller does it apply? The dealer is only there to help manage a trade or financing should a person not be able to do a cash deal.

Nik

Staff member
Administrator
Power User
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Best answers
Car
Reactions
894 2 0
I am not sure about the HST. If you buy a car from a private seller does it apply? The dealer is only there to help manage a trade or financing should a person not be able to do a cash deal.
You pay HST whether dealer or private. No way to avoid it.

OP
OP
S

steveboss

Apr 4, 2017
Caledon
Best answers
Car
2017 Z06 Corvette
Reactions
2 0 0
I am sure you are correct. My company or a dealer work those details out when I sell or trade a car back in. This car I own hence having a dealer involved to help with the transaction should it be required.

LG1

Casual User
Nov 27, 2015
Mississauga
Best answers
Car
2008 Z06
Reactions
7 0 0
You are so high on your asking price

Apr 3, 2017
toronto
Best answers
Car
2017 Corvette Z06
Reactions
62 0 0
Hi Steve,

Nice car. However, there are loads of Z06's on the market right now (within Canada). 2015 - 2019 models. You can now find fully loaded Convertible 3LZ Z06's with minimal km's for 85K asking price (can be negotiated even more I believe). I think at your current price point, it'll be difficult for you to find a buyer and once winter hits, you will be looking at a further discounted price. Looking at the market, if you want to sell this within this summer, you might need to revise the price to maybe mid 90's or less.

I hope you are able to sell it. Best of luck :)

ddgermann

Power User
Beta
C7 Owner
Jul 1, 2017
Edmonton
Best answers
Car
2017 3LZ Z06 Z07
Reactions
3,092 11 0
Driving a 2017 Z06 3LZ Z07 with 3000 kms and the full factory carbon fibre package on the aero and interior...etc etc etc for options and many more carbon fibre pieces added, I know what you paid and feel your pain on its actual resale value today.

One thing to keep in mind though is a car with such low KMs as yours Steve should demand a higher price. Especially selling it privately like you are. How much higher?... who knows. Every year there are more C7 Z06s for sale. 2 years ago this would have been a more rare car to find and easier to sell for more. Ask me how I know. (Ya I bought one..15 slightly used $$$,$$$. That right. 6 figures) Today that car in a 16 model same low KMs of 8000 would be 88-92K to buy used.
Definitely, we would both get totally bent over trading these cars at the dealer now, despite the low kms. Unfortunately all the carbon fibre you added means very little to the resale value of the car. Again... ask me how I know.

I hope someone falls in love and buys your Z Steve. The carbon fiber stage 3 aero and with the alcatera inside the 3LZ is fabulous. Definitely is a better-appointed car but that really means nothing to lots of people so hopefully, you find someone where it does matter.

Good luck and actually sorry to see you selling your Corvette.

D

OP
OP
S

steveboss

Apr 4, 2017
Caledon
Best answers
Car
2017 Z06 Corvette
Reactions
2 0 0
Thanks ddgermann for your post, I think you understand where I am coming from. I am sure the car will sell to the right person that can appreciate it for what it is, if it sells at all. If a reasonable offer comes along (that could be a trade plus cash, property and I add cash, or ????) I will sell it. There are different ways to construct a deal/sale. Some people can be a little more creative than others. I understand there will be a "discounted pain value to me" when I agree to sell it - it is what it is. So far people are quick to talk about the asking price but know one wants to make an offer. I am not sure why I am getting this advice unless it is some kind of constructive help and guidance I am being offered. Without knowing me personally, this advice really does not matter to me but thanks to all for the input.

What I have found along my journey in life is regardless of what you are buying/selling (house, cars, yacht, diamonds, vacation property, airplane, race horse, etc.) there are people out there that will always say "that is to much money for that". Do you not find it is these exact individuals that are often the ones that cannot afford the item? I suppose watching a Barrett Jackson auction sums it up best for car guys when it comes to perceived value.

ddgermann

Power User
Beta
C7 Owner
Jul 1, 2017
Edmonton
Best answers
Car
2017 3LZ Z06 Z07
Reactions
3,092 11 0
Well pardon the unsolicited advice and I do wish you the very best with the sale of your car. It is a more rare version of an already fantastic vehicle.

Aug 1, 2013
alberta
Best answers
Car
2016 Base DSOM
Reactions
542 4 0
am I offended by your post, perhaps,
you want an offer here it is
My car a 2016 2lt base DSOM plus 40g cash if it is an auto and subject to me liking the options, you trailer your car to me and load up mine for the return trip home,
So please cut the nonsense attitude and post the window sticker,
your link shows no car and we do not know if it is an auto or manual
I do not post very well but you need to get more sleep as some of us have the money to buy your car 🚗 and more so be respectful of us as we are the forum and actually contribute once in a while

Or my Corvette and my camaro 50th Anniversary and you pay me 13762.80 cash
Jeff

OP
OP
S

steveboss

Apr 4, 2017
Caledon
Best answers
Car
2017 Z06 Corvette
Reactions
2 0 0
am I offended by your post, perhaps,
you want an offer here it is
My car a 2016 2lt base DSOM plus 40g cash if it is an auto and subject to me liking the options, you trailer your car to me and load up mine for the return trip home,
So please cut the nonsense attitude and post the window sticker,
your link shows no car and we do not know if it is an auto or manual
I do not post very well but you need to get more sleep as some of us have the money to buy your car 🚗 and more so be respectful of us as we are the forum and actually contribute once in a while

Or my Corvette and my camaro 50th Anniversary and you pay me 13762.80 cash
Jeff
It is sold and I forgot it was still listed on this site. I am not sure how to remove the add as it has been so long ago.

I am surprised by your reaction however to being offended?? All as you had to do is reach out and ask if the car was still available. Why ad in all your drama as it shows a lack of respect for this forum and its members.

Black 03 Z06

Staff member
Power User
C5 Owner
Top Poster Of Month
Oct 30, 2013
Haliburton, Ontario
Best answers
Car
2003 Z06
Reactions
4,422 11 0
Car has been sold. Congrats Steve on the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)