Jan 11, 2009
Saska-ba-toon!
VetteCoins
Car
2000 Z51
Province
SK
Good Day All,

Just to recap on the events for the car show on Sunday August 20th.

I spoke with Nicole, who is taking care of the parking arrangement, and she stated that she is still unsure what sidewalk areas will be affected by the City of Saskatoon's construction. She will know more on the 16th and I will update everyone as I get the information from her. She stated there is a possibility that we may be relocated for this year to 1st Avenue. I will let everyone know the official spot, with a map, once the location is finalized.

The show officially starts at 11:00. Spots will be reserved for 20 cars, HOWEVER, should a random car come and park in our "reserved" area, there is nothing we, or Rock 102, can do to make them move. Therefore, do we have any volunteers that would like to show up early around 7:00 to ensure there are enough spots for our members? Should we have more than 20 cars, we should be able to extend the number of spots required as long as we are there early enough, and the street does not fill up.

SilverVette will be bringing rope to separate the cars from the crowd to minimize any potential scratches if that is a concern of yours.

I have a few cars committed to the event and know if the past years that we've had 15-22 cars. If anyone is interested in showing their car on Sunday, would you please let me know so we know how many spots to save in the morning?

Last edited:
Here is a map of our location and rules requested by Rock 102

We are excited to have your car club join us for the 35 th Annual Rock 102 Show & Shine! As always, we
are pleased to have the car clubs set up down town before we open the gates to other classic car
enthusiasts:
 We ask that you arrive between 7am and 9am on Sunday. If you are onsite too early you may be
asked to move as we prepare the area with street cleaning and tow cars that were left in the area
overnight.
 Security will be at each intersection to open the gates for you and direct you to your locations.
They will also have the packages with the Do Not Touch signs and the collectable Dash Plaques.
 All participating members must be in place by 9am
 Please ensure there are no gaps between your vehicles as we are tight for space this year
 After 9am we will fill in the areas that were not populated with car club cars
 Please do not block alleys and driveways. Do not park on curb cuts or down the centre of the road.
These vehicles will be towed.
 We strongly encourage participating vehicles to be 20 years or older – pre 1997.
 The show runs from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm. All cars must stay in place until 5:00 pm as it is not safe
to move vehicles with so many pedestrians around. If a car club allows one of their cars to leave
before 5:00 pm, they will not be invited to participate next year and their prime location will be
given to other participants.
 We’ll be handing out the awards on the Main Stage at 21 st Street and 3 rd Avenue around 3pm.
 Check out our Rock 102 Show & Shine Weekend website for more details of events this weekend.
Rock 102 Show & Shine Weekend | August 18th - 20th 2017

Attachments

• 2017 Rock 102 Show & Shine - map.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
Lots of planing and work Riley. Hope it turns out to be a great day.:thumbs:

Should be quite good. The weather is behaving with only being 22 and sunny so it'll be nice and cool on the pavement.
I can't wait! I can already smell the car cleaning products in the air!

Sounds like that's going to be a well organized show Riley.

It's getting better. Ever since they ditched "The Partnership" who looks over the downtown area and took over all the parking arrangements themselves, it's been way better.

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
Pictures! Finally!!! More to come later...
IMG_8233.JPG
IMG_8234.JPG
IMG_8235 (2).JPG
IMG_8236.JPG
IMG_8237.JPG
IMG_8239.JPG
IMG_8240.JPG
IMG_8241.JPG
IMG_8242.JPG
IMG_8243.JPG
IMG_8245.JPG
IMG_8246.JPG
IMG_8247.JPG
IMG_8248.JPG
IMG_8249.JPG
IMG_8251.JPG
IMG_8252.JPG
IMG_8253.JPG
IMG_8254.JPG
IMG_8255.JPG
IMG_8256.JPG
IMG_8258.JPG
IMG_8259.JPG
IMG_8260.JPG
IMG_8261.JPG
IMG_8262.JPG
IMG_8263.JPG

I thought those swivel buckets were the coolest thing I'd ever seen back then.... lol... Ok.. So I didn't get out much...

hmmmm.... wonder if we could put a set in the Corvette......

Eric, with enough money, a cutting torch and welder, anything is possible. Could probably be made seamless in your C7. Maybe a call to the General to add it to the option list for 2019. LOL

Thanks everyone. There were a lot of nice cars out this year. I'll keep putting up more pictures as time allows. I like taking pictures of the more unusual stuff as it's fun to see the stuff you typically don't see.
It would have been great to have you out Ryan with your beast!!! Mine was the only C5 in the entire show!?!?! and oddly enough, I had one guy that really was really interested in buying it. I told him to go south. :D Only because he'd be able to get a way better C5 for what I would want to make me sell my car.
I wish I would have seen you out on 8th Dub. Next year we'll have to coordinate.

Reactions: Dub
Thanks everyone. There were a lot of nice cars out this year. I'll keep putting up more pictures as time allows. I like taking pictures of the more unusual stuff as it's fun to see the stuff you typically don't see.
It would have been great to have you out Ryan with your beast!!! Mine was the only C5 in the entire show!?!?! and oddly enough, I had one guy that really was really interested in buying it. I told him to go south. :D Only because he'd be able to get a way better C5 for what I would want to make me sell my car.
I wish I would have seen you out on 8th Dub. Next year we'll have to coordinate.

Hey Riley, I thought I saw your car, but wasn't too sure, and with the traffic I was trying to keep focused on the road, Lol. We will definitely coordinate for next year.

Reactions: Riley P
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.