Sep 29, 2017
St. Thomas
VetteCoins
Hi all,

I hit a small deer last July at which time the front bumper was slightly cracked, not a real problem. However, all the air bags blew out. I expected that the dealership would be waiting for parts to repair my Vette. All parts have arrived except for a 'dash' with no delivery date assigned to this part as of yet.

I have the car under my care in my garage until ALL parts arrive. As I am in Ontario I am hoping that the dash would arrive and the repairs work (I estimate 1 month) would be complete by May 2023.

Anyone have an experience on 2017 C7 parts delivery and how the process works. Am I unrealistic to have my car back within 1 year of the accident?

Looking for thoughts.

IMG-5419.JPEG

I am not realy surprise. I own a tire and mechanic shop in Montreal and I am waiting for a transmission module for over 8 months with no delivery date, Almost impossible to get oem brake rotors for dodge harger (police pack) now the same rotor problem with the Taurus (police pack), many parts are on B/O with no eta, the problem exist in all car makers. Crazy situation. Maybe a nice use dash could give you your car back faster, if one is available.

Good luck

I don't think under normal circumstances it would be an unrealistic expectation but currently it is difficult to make any predictions. One word of caution, if the Dealer is holding the other Parts make sure you keep tabs on them.

I had a situiation where a well known Dealer had Parts for my Car ( to be replaced under warranty ) and sent them back since it was not used within a certain timeframe. They actually called me and made an appointment for installation. When I showed up, I was told about 1/2 hour later that the Parts were returned and it would not be available for another 3 months.

• Wow
Reactions: theboss
I don't think under normal circumstances it would be an unrealistic expectation but currently it is difficult to make any predictions. One word of caution, if the Dealer is holding the other Parts make sure you keep tabs on them.

I had a situiation where a well known Dealer had Parts for my Car ( to be replaced under warranty ) and sent them back since it was not used within a certain timeframe. They actually called me and made an appointment for installation. When I showed up, I was told about 1/2 hour later that the Parts were returned and it would not be available for another 3 months.
Good advice. I go in once a month to verify where the parts are at but I never thought about them sending them back. Thanks

Reactions: Kanuck
I know this story is not about GM but goes to show you parts delivery problems are across all the brands.

Joan, my better half, bought a new Lincoln Corsair and the sales guy confused us about the peanut spare tire. Anyway when she received the car there was no spare, only the pressure bottle and tire sealant kit. We have had the spare tire kit, which includes the tire, wheel, jack, lug nut wrench and storage device, on order now for over one year. Very frustrating waiting for a single part which is backordered. Nobody can tell us which part it is but they will not short ship without it. We are keeping our fingers crossed that she doesn't get a flat tire because I refuse to pump sealant into the tire and pay for the result. Lincoln customer service is totally out to lunch. I wonder how they are delivering Lincoln Corsairs which are supposed to have the peanut spare tire in the back.

My advice to Evandermaarel is just keep bugging the parts manager and hope The General can do better than Lincoln.

BTW Lincoln charged me $75.00 on top of the cost of the parts just so my order would not get cancelled.

• Wow
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I know this story is not about GM but goes to show you parts delivery problems are across all the brands.

Joan, my better half, bought a new Lincoln Corsair and the sales guy confused us about the peanut spare tire. Anyway when she received the car there was no spare, only the pressure bottle and tire sealant kit. We have had the spare tire kit, which includes the tire, wheel, jack, lug nut wrench and storage device, on order now for over one year. Very frustrating waiting for a single part which is backordered. Nobody can tell us which part it is but they will not short ship without it. We are keeping our fingers crossed that she doesn't get a flat tire because I refuse to pump sealant into the tire and pay for the result. Lincoln customer service is totally out to lunch. I wonder how they are delivering Lincoln Corsairs which are supposed to have the peanut spare tire in the back.

My advice to Evandermaarel is just keep bugging the parts manager and hope The General can do better than Lincoln.

BTW Lincoln charged me $75.00 on top of the cost of the parts just so my order would not get cancelled.
Had one of these when wifey's Lincoln was in for maintenance last week. Nice vehicle, super easy of fuel, but way too many buttons... lol...

Last edited:
Have you had them check any auto recyclers? Maybe a possibility to find one that hasn't had the bags blown out. Just a thought.
That was my next thought. Also, would it be wise to ask the question at a different dealership. I have the part number etc. I also have a report from the dealership that says the part has been ‘approved for quality control’. Not sure what this means but a month ago I got the sense it was on its way to be manufactured. Now I feel I am getting a different feeling.

Approved for quality control...to me that should mean it would already be built and needing to be checked/verified before sending it out.

If you have a part number, I would definitely check with other dealerships/parts departments to find out about actual availability/time frames. no harm in getting a second opinion at this stage in the game.

Approved for quality control...to me that should mean it would already be built and needing to be checked/verified before sending it out.

If you have a part number, I would definitely check with other dealerships/parts departments to find out about actual availability/time frames. no harm in getting a second opinion at this stage in the game.
Thanks. I have all the information so I can now do that.

Just an FYI. Finally got Joan's Lincoln part after 15 months. Lincoln had no excuses but did tell me the $75 for GUARANTEED delivery was really just a deposit. It just took time so you will have to just wait it out. Hopefully the General or the auto recyclers can find a part for Evandermaarel. Heck his car is only six years old.

Last edited:
Your parts dept should be able to see if any warehouses in Canada have inventory along with inventory in any US warehouses instantly. The parts you need, might be suppler only which could take weeks.
I searched out a brake cooling duct and my parts dept was able to inform me a dealership had stock in Ohio. Parts are around.....

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: OL Yeller