I'm New Here
Dec 9, 2012
Mississauga
VetteCoins
Car
2015 coupe
Province
ON
This light stopped working. Dealer removed bumper cover to access 3 self-tapping screws. Evidently there is no adjustment but the lens can be pushed in and wiring can be seen. This is a cosmetic concern, and I don’t want this movement as it’s not matching the other side which hasn’t been replaced.

Had this issue? Solution?

11,000 km’s

• Wow
Reactions: ddgermann
I discovered this a few days after they changed it when washing the car. They then agreed it was too loose. They then removed the bumper cover and they say they stuffed some foam behind but there are only 3 screws. Two above and one below. A 2019 new in the showroom flexes, but not this much. They mentioned there are studs from the sealed lamp. Cost for the lamp and work and tax = $1,400, so I’d have expected better.

It’s my belief they broke something and are not willing to admit it. I’ve had the rear cover off my car and the taillights are secured well. As you see looking in the vents there should be screws that are installed from the forward toward the back side. Meaning they can only be removed by taking the rear cover off.

I understand your concern and you may have to go to another dealership and have them remove the assembly and check. No point in doing it yourself as the dealership in question will most likely not accept anything you do.

It is a bad deal for you all the way around as the $$ just keep going in.

Can you send a picture or short video? That will give us a much better picture of what you are facing.

I would try to work with the dealer that did the work. Stuffing foam isn't a solution. Ask to speak to the general manager or dealer principal (owner). If it comes to it you can ask them if you have to contact GM Canada direct to get a proper fix. I would try to to patiently work with the dealer but wouldn't hesitate to contact GM Canada if I needed to.

• Agree
Reactions: 12cents
I would try to work with the dealer that did the work. Stuffing foam isn't a solution. Ask to speak to the general manager or dealer principal (owner). If it comes to it you can ask them if you have to contact GM Canada direct to get a proper fix. I would try to to patiently work with the dealer but wouldn't hesitate to contact GM Canada if I needed to.

Sounds like he already tried that and got blown off with a bit of foam. How can they defend putting some scabby red green fix on a customers car after he paid to have the light replaced OEM by a dealership?
I do agree patience will be required, but there is not way I would trust anything coming out of that service department after having it in there Twice already.
If a problem is found with damage or workmanship elsewhere then yes definitely contact management of the offending dealership with the evidence and go after them for compensation. Next step hit up GM if they do not respond properly.
This kind of thing is brutal to go through.

It’s my belief they broke something and are not willing to admit it. I’ve had the rear cover off my car and the taillights are secured well. As you see looking in the vents there should be screws that are installed from the forward toward the back side. Meaning they can only be removed by taking the rear cover off.

I understand your concern and you may have to go to another dealership and have them remove the assembly and check. No point in doing it yourself as the dealership in question will most likely not accept anything you do.

It is a bad deal for you all the way around as the $$ just keep going in.

Can you send a picture or short video? That will give us a much better picture of what you are facing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread