Jan 11, 2009
Saska-ba-toon!
VetteCoins
Car
2000 Z51
Province
SK
Good Day,

I just wanted to update everyone interested in coming to the Cruise Weekend Show and Shine that we have spots reserved on the west side of 3rd Avenue north of 21st Street. There are only spots for 16 cars but I'm sure we can make room for more as there is no one to the north of us, however, to get all the spots, please come early.

According to the organizers, cars newer than 1995 aren't allowed but if you are with a club, they allow newer cars so either mention that you are with the Saskatoon Corvette Club when entering or come early enough that you don't have to talk with "Security".

Please see the attached Map showing the placement of all the clubs coming and note that North is to the right, not towards the top of the map.

Attachments

• 2014 Rock 102 Show & Shine Weekend - Map Markup.pdf
    955 KB · Views: 34
Hey Riley....this is something I'd like to attend.....can you fill me in on the details......with respect to time in and time out.....I'd probably come in from Anglin Lake for the day....perhaps leave a little stale rubber on 8th......

Hahaha. It's very important to get rid of that oxidized rubber.

People are asked to be parked by 10:30 but I've always found it better to get there earlier.
You must keep your car at the show between 11 am and 5 pm. This is due to the large amount of people looking at the cars during the show and safety issues.
So, long story short, I hope to be there by 9:00 so I can hear all the cars rolling in to the show. If you need to leave before 5:00, you may want to park outside of the show because I've seen some people get really p.o.'d when they tried to leave before 5 and security wouldn't move the barricades.
The only other things, bring a lawn chair to sit in and a camera. Should be some nice cars out.

Awesome! The next best thing to having the cars out is having people out!....... Or is it supposed to be the other way around? :D
Would be great if you could bring your frame with the engine and trans mounted. I know you've thought of it before.

Come on out and park with the corvettes! The only concern by the club is that there is enough room for the club members to park in the reserved area, however, the entire block is open so I don't see it being an issue.

I'll be there early as I doubt I'll be able to sleep and I'll start saving the extra spots! It would be nice to have the whole Corvette community together as I am lazy and would hate to have to walk from group to group. :D

Oh, also planning on meeting up with Derick, Derek (Spelling?) on Saturday night on 8th Street. If anyone else is around, send me a PM and we'll get a group together or at least let you know where we're meeting so people can find each other.

There are no plans I know of to meet ahead of time before the show. I'm hoping to be ath the show around 8:00 to save some spots.

As for the rain....I haven't been looking a to he forecast yet. Hopefullu things turn around and that is great to hear that Derek was able to get the Vette all sealed up!

In regards to cruise nite in case anyone missed the email from Calvin , the club is meeting at Greenwood Golf course around 7 to partake in the cruise nite. Do not worry if your not in the club we would never turn away a fellow corvette owner come out Sat nite and meet some of the members.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.