This is quite ridiculous. So many orders in Canada yet no pricing. Its been out in the US for weeks. I am having second thoughts about dealing with GM. This is not good customer service.

Hi tyho,

The good thing is that since you placed an order before prices were announced your vehicle will be built sooner than others (as long as your dealer has allocation). You also "may" qualify for any price protection if offered by GM.

Remember when we didnt have the Z06 prices from US my Z06 allocation took a week to sell and then as soon as prices were released there was a mad rush for them?

Be patient. As long as you picked the right dealer you will be driving your C7 soon. i will post the official canadian prices here as soon as they become available from GM AutoBook.

Best of luck!

@tyho

A 30 minute drive is a lot closer than a 6 months additional wait in my opinion ;-)

BTW we also accept orders over the phone or via email. If you live outside Ontario we could have gotten it shipped straight to your local Corvette dealer at no additional charge -- Cash Deals only!

Best of luck!

Last edited:
Dude...my order is in Quebec City and I live in Niagara. I would have grabbed a Z06 if it were in BC.

GM announced today that if you had a 2014 order that was not built, they will give you price protection on the same model for 2015, so base model price will not go up. They also noted that aside from content changes, option/package prices will remain the same for 2015. The only questions remaining are the increase for the 8 speed automatic ($500 or less) and the data recorder ($1000). Also pricing on new options (ZF1) have not been announced yet.

This model year price protection, by the way, if virtually unheard of the industry, on such a wide group of cars. Individual orders where mistakes were made might have received such treatment, and individual dealers might have done something similar for individual customers, but I have never heard of almost 300 customers receiving this kind of offer. It is also illuminating to see how many cars some dealers took deposits on and failed to supply to their customers....

Last edited:
I think we are going to see that again this year with so many in line for both. Just looking at the Z06 alone, I am absolutely certain their are deposits that have been placed in with the belief that they were going to get an allocation, yet they are only on a waiting list with hopes that more will be allocated.

I think we are going to see that again this year with so many in line for both. Just looking at the Z06 alone, I am absolutely certain their are deposits that have been placed in with the belief that they were going to get an allocation, yet they are only on a waiting list with hopes that more will be allocated.

Given that it has happened once, in let's say the last 25 years, I think it might be a bit dangerous to operate under the assumption that it will continue, but we can hope... Please note that the price protection is from year end price, so someone who ordered a car before the 2014 mid year increase will still have to pay that price, but something is better than nothing, for sure!

And, do they say when / if these Canadian models will be built ?

That is up to the dealers allocation. If you ordered from a decent sized Corvette dealer, and they were unable to get you the 2014 you ordered, there are only a couple of dealers that so badly oversold their allocation that they might still be unable to get you a 2015. Most should be able to do so, and I would presume they would get those customers the first of their 2015 allocation.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.