Oct 13, 2011
Ancaster, ON
VetteCoins
Car
2004 convertible
I've been asked if my calendar http://www.canadiancorvetteforums.com/forums/pictures/5320-my-2014-calendar.html

is for sale, yes it is, HOWEVER you obviously know it is a calendar featuring my car and people and events that are important to me.

What if I did a calendar that was for myself and 11 other members? Each person gets their own month.

What do I Need/Know?

- Need 11 Other people so we have a month per person

- Each person submits their photo(s) to me, I can create the page and email a copy out for their approval prior to printing.

- Lets say I start the calendar in May 2014 (?) and it runs to April 2015, that way you get something that's useful for 12 months rather than a 2014 calendar with months that are already gone.

- Cost for a small calendar is $25, large $35, although I always manage a 50% discount. I'll get the exact size/material tomorrow

- Being a selfish SOB I would like to make sure some of my friends (Especially JIM, Colin, Tony, Brian, Garry, Brian, Steve, Steamer, Manny, Riley and several others whose names currently escape me) get the first crack at it.

- Also being a caring lovable person I would like EVERYONE who is interested to be able to get on it. if we get more that 12 people interested I can always do a second one OR we could put 2 (or more) people on each month and lower the cost per person.

- Distribution, I can order and distribute to anyone who goes to Mud Street or to Manny's, as much as I would like to drive to the mythical shire of Omemee I really don't see that happening. For the rest I can mail them out (at my cost). Steamer can drive by and pick his up at the house.

Anyway those are my thoughts..I'm interested in yours.

edit1: Did I mention JIM? I don't want him to feel left out :)

edit2: I did learn that it's calendar, not calander or calandar, and JIM you are included :)

Last edited:
Good evening Wayne,

Garry is in but I'm happy to start with the calender you have at the moment. Maybe a custom one later on?? But then again I'd always take April's added to anything new that gets created providing no one has issues with my being "centerfold" that month!

Cheers,

Garry

Sounds like a plan; but you will need some good high resolution pictures I would think. Something I really don't have many of. I guess I will need Collin to follow me around for a bit to capture the right moments. Other than that, sounds like a plan.
And Wayne, don't forget to include Jim in this endeavour. You know how he can be. :)

You got my vote Wayne -- Thanks for stepping up...... You seem to have the knack my friend.

You may need 2 persons per month if you get the response I believe you will get. I'm a twin so Terry and I could join up if that suits.

Colin.

I'll get a few more "Miss Februarys" at the upcoming Toronto car show :)

High res is always nice but if you are going with a lot of photos (December in my calendar for example) you can get away with "not so good". I like a good background shot with two or three photos placed over it but it's your call.

Even if you have indicated a yes in this thread could you please confirm your participation by PMing me!

That means you will supply photos and $$ when required.

Brian I may a few shots of your car, I'll post them later.

Lets prove that we are not as dysfunctional as we may appear :) and make this a very smooth project.

Wayne,

I'd take April's as is. However that said I have a picture of myself, Manny et al. when I took delivery of the car I could use as the background with the other two smaller ones in your current April set up.

I have no desire to cause you more than the minimum effort with this project so choose what is your preference. I am happy and content either way.

Cheers,

Garry

On another car forum I belong to members posted pics and there was a vote on which cars make "the cut" then just one calender was made available for purchase that featured those cars. I believe they were $15 or so, but it got cheaper over the years as the site sponsers kicked in some $$ to have their company info published. It was pretty cool because it came with the normal holidays...then there was "fun facts" throughout some days (eg - last corvette rolls off the assembly line for 2014 etc). Maybe somthing to consider for a 2015 calender from this forum. :)

Wayne.

This is a terrific idea, and I'd be delighted if I had a chance to participate. If there's room for a slightly modded black vette somewhere in there, I'd be proud to distribute this to family members, etc.

Just say the word, and the resolution requirements..........

Vince.

Gentlemen,

My calendar arrived a few days ago and let me tell you occupies a place of honor at the junction of my office door, main hallway, door to the kitchen and the living room. Ansd of course it was the highlight being pointed out my my son and gf as well.

This one, as they say, is a keeper!!

Great job Wayne and thanks again for sharing this.

Cheers,

Garry

Gentlemen,

My calendar arrived a few days ago and let me tell you occupies a place of honor at the junction of my office door, main hallway, door to the kitchen and the living room. Ansd of course it was the highlight being pointed out my my son and gf as well.

This one, as they say, is a keeper!!

Great job Wayne and thanks again for sharing this.

Cheers,

Garry

Fond memories of your trip, association, and friends here in the east.
A keeper for sure Garry.

Can't wait to get one for myself.

Colin.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.