RIP
You're a Regular King of the Post You're Liked 2 You're 10
Jul 15, 2012
Fairview, Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
2006 Z06
Good afternoon,

It is glorious in Northern Alberta, 29 above with a slilght breeze. Went for a fantastic walk along the dike in Peace River with a cooling breeze coming in off the river. I got to thinking, how many of you are planning on attending "Race The Base" at the end of the month?

It is, amongst other activities, a top speed shootout for 5 categories of 2 and 4 wheeled vehicles.

They help it for the 1st time in 2010 and with great pride it should be noted, that from what I can find, the 2nd place of 100 or so cars (the usual European types included) was a twin turbo'ed 2008 Z06 with a standing 1 mile speed of 333 km/hr! Of course it was Velocity Yellow too!

This year they'll also have some doughnut

and I have heard this might be the last year ever for the event.... so don't say ah maybe next year.

Brian

OK--who is in? I very well might be. Depends on how the golf tourney goes in Clear Lake. I'm sad I can't take the 'Vette on my trip. Tires were out of alignment, and I'm down to the cord on the inside driver tire--due to cupping.

Would love to see this event--sounds cool. Maybe it's tome for a CCF Roll Call!!!!
[mob][/mob]

Son of a dang it! I want to say maybe next year as this year won't work with Cruise Weekend in Saskatoon. I would love to go spectate at Race the Base. That would be awesome! For anyone going, remember to take pictures and maybe some vids of the cars rippin down the track!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread