Jun 16, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
2010 CORVETTE
Province
ON
Hello everybody
I'm new here and trying to an answer to my Q,

I own a 2010 Corvette and love the beast but there is an issue with the bugs and tars sticking in to my rims and front of my car.I usually take it to a local car detailing shop and they use steam machine for cleaning and it is perfect and removes everything but it comes back next month same as before, is there any product to keep it off ?

The Steam machine used called OPTIMA and their shop is AAA AUTO SPA

Thanks detailed

Hello everybody
I'm new here and trying to an answer to my Q,

I own a 2010 Corvette and love the beast but there is an issue with the bugs and tars sticking in to my rims and front of my car.I usually take it to a local car detailing shop and they use steam machine for cleaning and it is perfect and removes everything but it comes back next month same as before, is there any product to keep it off ?

The Steam machine used called OPTIMA and their shop is AAA AUTO SPA

Thanks View attachment 28126

I use “Simple Green” let it soak and then scrub or wash off! :)

Reactions: SockGuy
I never used it , but I remember days long ago guys would spray " PAM " on the front end , it is a non stick to spray that was used in stove ovens that nothing stuck on and you just wiped the grate and oven with a cloth no scrubbing after baking if something leaked.

• Useful
Reactions: Messner and hemicat
I used WD-40 on my Jimmy to get a whole lot of tar off. Not sure about the bugs. My dad would always get this product called Bug Shield that you spray on before a drive, then it all wipes off afterwards. For a more permanent solution, I would probably go with other suggestions on keeping the car waxed, or getting it ceramic coated.

I use Amway Mint Condition Bug and Tar remover. It sprays on thin and clear, then bubbles and gels so it stays in place on vertical surfaces. After sitting for a few minutes it softens most bugs and sap so they easily wipe off. When I lived in the Okanagan, we'd get these big sap drops from the pine trees that would harden, but this stuff cut right through it and didn't seem to harm the finish. It lasts a long time too, I've had my current can for almost 20 years. I don't know where to get it these days without knowing a distributor in the cult? I was never in but my mom and step dad were for about 5 minutes.

On road trips, the front end gets covered in bugs. Prior to the trip, I give it a good coat of wax on the front bumper and hood.
After each day of driving, I either find a self serve car wash to remove the bugs, or I use a detail spray that softens them, and they wipe off with a microfibre cloth.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread