Dec 17, 2019
Campbell River, B.C.
VetteCoins
Car
2009 C6 Z06
Province
BC
Has anyone updated the Radio / Nav head in their C6 Z06 car. 2 LT trim. My question is can I upgrade the stock Head for let’s say a Kenwood Nav and keep using my stock steering wheel controls for volume and station change. If so can you please forward the kinda deck and module box that you used. Thanks

If you want to retain the factory chimes, you'll also need a module for that. The PAC Audio RPM-GM-11 does everything such as adapting the factory harness, retain the chimes, adapt the antenna, and gives you the parking brake and speed sensor signals.

You'll also need a dash kit

Has anyone updated the Radio / Nav head in their C6 Z06 car. 2 LT trim. My question is can I upgrade the stock Head for let’s say a Kenwood Nav and keep using my stock steering wheel controls for volume and station change. If so can you please forward the kinda deck and module box that you used. Thanks
I done it last winter Call Crutchfield I installed (Myself) Pioneer AVG 1550 front and rear camera with Apple car play
You do not have to cut wires and Crutchfield will send you prefab wire connector approx 24 wires , to solder if you do your self Coded wires

I done it last winter Call Crutchfield I installed (Myself) Pioneer AVG 1550 front and rear camera with Apple car play
You do not have to cut wires and Crutchfield will send you prefab wire connector approx 24 wires , to solder if you do your self Coded wires
you will have to request wire harness pre connected I did my own

Crutchfield's website is great, you can enter your model car, they tell you what head units and speakers will fit, what mounting and wiring adaptors you need, and they have install guides.

I'm waiting for my 2013 Base to arrive, but this is one of the first projects I intend on doing. However, rather than a NAV system, I'm looking at the Sony XAV-AX1000, which has CarPlay so that I can use Google Maps. I much prefer that option. I also like the rotary volume know rather than some sort of touch/button volume. Any other CarPlay/Rotary knob suggestions? I may also install a backup camera while I'm at it.

However, I have noticed that Crutchfield seems to be sold out of the PAC RP5-GM11 for the last few weeks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.