Casual User
Mar 8, 2022
VetteCoins
Car
Outback
Province
ON
Hi All,

I'm looking for my first vette, I'm interested in a 2006 Z06 with 50k on it, asking price is 52K. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanx.

Thanx,
asoprano

First year for the C6Z. I’ve heard it’s the lightest one. Ask if any engine work has been done as the LS7 has had issues with dropping a valve into the engine so I’d debate saving up for some cylinder heads. I’ve been watching these cars for 5 years and it seems the price hasn’t dipped much under $50k so it seems to be in the ball park.

First year for the C6Z. I’ve heard it’s the lightest one. Ask if any engine work has been done as the LS7 has had issues with dropping a valve into the engine so I’d debate saving up for some cylinder heads. I’ve been watching these cars for 5 years and it seems the price hasn’t dipped much under $50k so it seems to be in the ball park.
Thanx for the advice. Cheers.

06 is the lightest version yes and the most raw and a bit cheap looking in the interior areas. I had an 08 Cooksey car brand new and that was a nice ride with the full leather interior and everything with a bit more sound deadening which made the car feel sorta classy for the type of car it was back in the day especially when you pay the kind of money that they were going for new. The one thing I hated about the car up to 08 was the fact that to close the rear hatch you had to slam the crap out of it for it to close properly. Even my Cooksey with windows down slightly I still had to slam the hatch to close...............didn't like that at all.

Then I got into my 09 Z06 also fully loaded leather interior bought new and for 09 the rear hatch had the soft close feature, SO MUCH BETTER to just place the hatch down, push and the car did the rest. Much classier to fit into the type of car it is in that price range.

My 09 Z was great had it 10 years did HCI on it and would still have it along with my 13 GT500 if I didn't have the opportunity to get into my current C7 ZR1 this car is in a totally different league.

Tony

Attachments

• IMG_20190907_092646.jpg
    IMG_20190907_092646.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: 12cents
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.