Tim C

2 You're 5
Mar 3, 2018
Ottawa
VetteCoins
Car
06 Vette Coupe
I have the original muffler system on my 06 c6 vette. I would like a little deeper sound with no drone but I do not want to replace the whole muffler system..Any ideas would help?

Thanks so much..

Reactions: Messner
This is a no-brainer Tim. Corsa Sport axle-backs. Thats the way I went with my C6 and loved them. Deep rumble of more to come at an idle, zero drone, you can ease out of your neighbourhood at 5:00 am without waking up the family next door, and they open up and bark great when you punch the go pedal.. I removed mine and sold them when I sold my C6 and the guy that bought them never stops smiling....And if you have access to a lift, you can install yourself in 2 hours.

Reactions: Shayne and Tinman
This is a no-brainer Tim. Corsa Sport axle-backs. Thats the way I went with my C6 and loved them. Deep rumble of more to come at an idle, zero drone, you can ease out of your neighbourhood at 5:00 am without waking up the family next door, and they open up and bark great when you punch the go pedal.. I removed mine and sold them when I sold my C6 and the guy that bought them never stops smiling....And if you have access to a lift, you can install yourself in 2 hours.

Hey Tim. It appears you are having a bit of grief replying to posts. And as I had exactly the same difficulty, lol, I am glad to offer some advice. If you prefer to be tactile and figure it out yourself, just tell me to go away...:D

When you click on reply, that opens the reply window with the message you are replying to already in it. The cursor is right below that message. Just type in what you want to say first and then hit the "Post Reply" tab. Or you don't even need to reply to the message that way. You can just scroll down to the next reply window, type what you want to say and hit the "Post Reply". It won't include the actual message you're replying to but that's no problem anyway. Hope that helps.

Hey Rruuff - I'm in the same boat with my 06 and have done a bit of research and made the decision to go with Corsa Sport. My question is that in the Canadian market Corsa sells both the axle backs and mid pipes separately, where in the States if you order the cat-back it includes all at one price. On a replacement job like this is it necessary to replace the mid pipes if they are in good shape? Does the system offer the same level of sound and performance with just an axle back replacement? Thanks in advance for you help! Jim

Hey Rruuff - I'm in the same boat with my 06 and have done a bit of research and made the decision to go with Corsa Sport. My question is that in the Canadian market Corsa sells both the axle backs and mid pipes separately, where in the States if you order the cat-back it includes all at one price. On a replacement job like this is it necessary to replace the mid pipes if they are in good shape? Does the system offer the same level of sound and performance with just an axle back replacement? Thanks in advance for you help! Jim

Ahhhhhh..... the age old question Jim.... X pipe or H pipe... Here's my take... GM switched to the X pipe with the LS3 engine in 2008. Obviously they changed for a reason and the popular opinion is that the X pipe allows for a more balanced flow... thus marginally better performance. Whether it is enough to notice when you're changing the axle backs to performance exhaust anyway, I don't know. As far as exhaust sound goes, they say.... no difference with H or X pipes... so if you are pumped to spend an extra $1200.00 (more or less) for maybe a 2 or 3% hp gain then go ahead and switch to the X pipes too... If you were going full bore with headers, I would definitely say yes, change to the X-pipes as well to get the full benefit of the headers but if you're just wanting the aggressive exhaust sound, you will get that with the axle backs. If you really want ultimate noise, the Corsa Extreme will give you that and still no drone on the highway, but it will be a little harder to sneak out of the house early mornings or drive through town without that snap, crackle and pop...:thumbs:

Next time you're in Bradford - coffee or anything else you want to eat or drink is on me! You just saved me $600+ as I was thinking the mid pipes were a must! Simply looking for the growl and if it comes with a few more horses all the better. Thank you, sir!!

Come to MITM in Winipeg in July and coffee it is! :thumbs:

This is a 2.5 inch Corsa Sport axle back on the LS2

Sweet sound!! Thanks for the clips. Received a quote for axle back of $1950, mid pipes of $585.57, both installed for $151.50 + tax = $ 3090.13. Do those prices seem reasonable to you?
Yeah. That's pretty close. Other than the 15% taxes.... Ughhhh.... The installation is a good price... He's assuming 1.5 hours I would say. And that's achievable, especially if he has done this before. If not he is light as he has to drop the sway bars out of the way. This might come as a surprise. Just FYI, here's the installation for that puppy...

Attachments

• corsa-14173-installation-instructions (3).pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
Reactions: Black 03 Z06

I agree with everything here...best bark for the buck when u mash the pedal and super quiet when needed and install was a snap. Add headers and an x-pipe and omg what a symphony. And STILL quiet when needed. For some reason I am smiling again...lol! Thx Rruuff

Very helpful, thank you. I typically like to wait on site when I'm having stuff done - snooping around. Sometimes able to keep an eye on things. This install package will come in very handy!

I agree with everything here...best bark for the buck when u mash the pedal and super quiet when needed and install was a snap. Add headers and an x-pipe and omg what a symphony. And STILL quiet when needed. For some reason I am smiling again...lol! Thx Rruuff

Tim is correct..... Long Tube Headers and new all the way back will be louder and give you more horsepower boost than the Corsa sport axle back alone but be prepared as you will also be installing a CAI and will be getting a tune to make the computer and the mods all work together. Whether you want to spend a pretty big chunk of change to get a 10% HP increase or not is the question. If you don't want to spend the extra and don't need the extra horsepower, but still want it as loud as possible, then go with the Corsa Extreme axle back instead of the Corsa Sport. Those two videos show you what your car will sound like with just the axle backs alone. Ask Tim what he spent if you're considering and he already had the Corsa Sports from me. Or for a good estimate, try @Dave@RaceReady Garage. He has a ton of experience with Corvettes and is close to you as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.