Jul 19, 2015
Wellington County Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
1973-LS4 2002/04-Z06
Province
ON
Guys,

Looking for information/advice on leaking left hand fuel tank on 2004-Z.

I have searched the US forums and found recall campaign information that shows this is/was a known issue that many have experienced and that GM created an extended/10 year limited replacement program. Since I just purchased the car last July and now have the issue I am no longer within the covered replacement time frame.

Has anyone here had this issue and/or know if a similar or possibly longer extended warranty was offered in Canada? Has anyone had any luck with dealer coverage of this issue?

Thanks in advance for your comments.
Andy (C5ZED06)

Hey Andy! I have not heard about this for Canada and don't have any information to help......so I guess this is just another useless post to up my post count. :D

Have you contacted a dealer to ask about the recall and see if there is one that is still active? Hopefully you get a dealer that actually knows and doesn't just give you an "I don't know" answer.

Supposedly the fuel leak problem was never an actual NHTSA recognized recall which gave GM an out from an unlimited safety recall. Go figure! This is obviously a GM safety issue but it appears no one is having much luck getting GM to bend. Good Luck. Let us know if you have any success. I'm guessing over the upcoming years that this will rear it's head many times.

I know this is an old post but this is what happened to me.
Before I bought the car I took the VIN # to a local dealership, to check on warranty work that was done to the car and any recalls. I found out column lock was done and gas leak was not done. Driving the car home from New Brunswick no issues. Fill the tank up at home and as I am walking back to the there is a huge wet spot under the left side of the car. The next day I take it in, the dealership said no problem its still under the special 10 year warranty. I had one year left. When they had it apart the tech found a hair line crack in the sending unit so they covered that as well. I got lucky it happened while still covered.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.