Nov 5, 2018
Dalmeny
VetteCoins
Car
2003 Z06
Province
SK
Hi, I just got a 2003 Z06 and am looking at some upgrades. I have heard that the valve springs should be upgraded so I was looking at what else I could do to improve performance. I have been looking at the Comp Cams 283THR7 camshaft with 26918-16 springs and 7955-16 pushrods. Has anyone done something like that?

COMP Cams: Mutha Thumpr, 283THR7<br>High Performance Street/Strip, Rough Idle

COMP Cams: Beehive Valve Springs: Top 1.075" O.D., .650" I.D.; Bottom 1.310" O.D., .885" I.D.

COMP Cams: Hi-Tech Pushrods: 5/16" Diameter, 7.400" Length

Hemicat I have a 02 C5Z I had a BTR Stage 2 cam with springs and push-rods intalled this summer I also have a set of Long tube headers and a cold air intake I was quite pleased with the results. The stage 2 cam is a good streetable choice with a nice lumpy idle. Dave at RACE READY GARAGE in Cambridge took good care of me

Thanks, Luke. I was looking at that but was wondering about the 0.614" lift. The Comp Cam springs are only good for 0.625". Do you recall what springs and push-rods were installed?

Hemicat I have a 02 C5Z I had a BTR Stage 2 cam with springs and push-rods intalled this summer I also have a set of Long tube headers and a cold air intake I was quite pleased with the results. The stage 2 cam is a good streetable choice with a nice lumpy idle. Dave at RACE READY GARAGE in Cambridge took good care of me

Reactions: RaceReadyGarageInc
Yes, I see that now. Looks like a better system than Comp Cams. Any idea on the horsepower gain you achieved? I am hoping for 35 or 40 more. It was dyno'd at 376 rwhp with the current setup so hoping the cam and tune will get me well over 400...at least 405 like the badge says :)

i belive they where the BTR .660 double springs

Hi, I just got a 2003 Z06 and am looking at some upgrades. I have heard that the valve springs should be upgraded so I was looking at what else I could do to improve performance. I have been looking at the Comp Cams 283THR7 camshaft with 26918-16 springs and 7955-16 pushrods. Has anyone done something like that?

COMP Cams: Beehive Valve Springs: Top 1.075" O.D., .650" I.D.; Bottom 1.310" O.D., .885" I.D.

Hi,I have an 04 Z06,I upgraded with a Vararam VR-B2 cold air intatake system including the Vararam Air bridge & gained 35-40 more horsepower.I also put in a green filter which I purchased from Jegs Performance.

Reactions: hemicat
Vararam VR-B2

Attachments

• IMG_2301.JPG
    IMG_2301.JPG
    196.7 KB · Views: 43
Hi......Im New here and Am Happy there is a Forum to come to !!!!!! I just got a 2003 Z06 ..9600km Pretty well New ......Old owner took amazing care of this car .....He did a Cold Air intake LongTube headers and a Wilson Fast 92mm Intake and a Tune .....at SpiTuning ....I never heard of them however I think id also like to do a Cam.....But nothing Wild and Possibly Head work ....Any suggestions and maybe Numbers of Increases in Horses .........Thanks

Well Thanks Dave .......But I seem to have a HP disease ......And for once id Just like something like a possible stage 2 Keep it roadable .....And dependable .......

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread