Shipping to Canada is crazy expensive so I may use this as sort of a template and try and build something myself.

Never seen these before either. I have seen a tarp like piece that folds out of the trunk over the rear body work to stop scratches when you lean into it.

If you get one let us know how it works.

Shipping, if you cannot get them to use USPS is a nightmare.

I would think the templates would not be too difficult, if I recall there are "reliefs" around the openings. Getting carpet to match may be more difficult but I am sure it is out there.

Good luck, nothing like a winter project.:thumbs:

I checked with their customer service and they only use UPS so the cost of shipping was nearly the price of the piece. Once you add in taxes and duty it got really silly. I figure that I can cut out the templates with 3/8" plywood, find some carpet and spray glue it down.

Shipping, if you cannot get them to use USPS is a nightmare.

I would think the templates would not be too difficult, if I recall there are "reliefs" around the openings. Getting carpet to match may be more difficult but I am sure it is out there.

Good luck, nothing like a winter project.:thumbs:

Hemicat, don't forget what the kids use. Get some of that Bristol board the kids use for crafts, easy to cut out and fit into place for a template. Cheap compared to plywood and if it is not right you can just try again.

Really looking forward to seeing what you come up with. My wife spends half her life in a store called Fabric Land, not sure if they are out west or not but they do carry carpet that just might work.

Good luck

I checked with their customer service and they only use UPS so the cost of shipping was nearly the price of the piece. Once you add in taxes and duty it got really silly. I figure that I can cut out the templates with 3/8" plywood, find some carpet and spray glue it down.

I think I’m going to try & make some as well for that price,shouldn’t be to difficult.

Not sure where you are ....But You can always sign up for a MailBox at the Border....Just inside USA ....Usual shipping with in the USA is Free Mostly ......Buy Ship to a determined Location of your mail box Drive over in the summer months Open the boxs Install should be easy and just drive back .....Just like that .....https://www.crossbordershopping.ca/shipping-importing/ship-to-the-border

another location .....https://www.kinek.com/shipping-to-the-border/

If you do drive over and back the same day be sure to tell customs what you bought and pay the tax - you don't want to get on the bad side of Canada Customs :Nono1: They have a long memory.
Agreed that shipping other than by Postal Service can be costly.
It's also not just costly but damaging when by UPS (the Brown Truck) - as all my packages always seem to have tire tracks on them.
Agreed that crossing the border is best to be done on the up-and-up. Sales Tax assessments can be bitter but remains much less than overall non-Postal Shipping & Import Costs.
Yup, you never wanna be caught with an unclaimed installed car-mod at the border - assessments can then be charged on the entire value of the car.
Why risk that ... I just emphasize that I have my allocation of beer ... and normally just get waved through on the overage of the extra crap that I buy.

This is what I ended up doing. I bought the Z06 carpet off of ebay. I cut three pieces of 20 gauge aluminum to make covers and glued them to the carpet. The carpet acts as the hinge.

I then used the quiet ride foam to finish it off.

quiet_ride.jpgmain_opening.jpgsmall_opening.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.