Jul 9, 2022
VetteCoins
Province
ON
Question is a 2003 50th anniversary car a desirable model to purchase ? Or is it not popular ?
It’s at manual trans
Any known issues with this year to look out for ?
Car is very very clean & very low Milage
What is approx value of one ?

Question is a 2003 50th anniversary car a desirable model to purchase ? Or is it not popular ?
It’s at manual trans
I'm sure Murray's PM will be helpful. Note though that 2003 was the 50th Anniversary of Corvette but the actual 2003 Anniversary edition is a very specific car and many claim they have an anniversary edition that actually do not. First clue is if it's not Anniversary Red Metallic, and features a shale colored interior, it's not the anniversary edition.

It’s at manual trans
ED5B5F42-684E-4A71-A546-3C83E8B14EB0.jpeg

I have one and watch these all the time. Best one I’ve seen in the last few years. There will never be another 50th model NOT to be confused with an anniversary year worth way less.

Attachments

• D061F27D-D9A5-49C7-BD17-12F2F7071F56.jpeg
    D061F27D-D9A5-49C7-BD17-12F2F7071F56.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
Reactions: Bixter44
I'm sure Murray's PM will be helpful. Note though that 2003 was the 50th Anniversary of Corvette but the actual 2003 Anniversary edition is a very specific car and many claim they have an anniversary edition that actually do not. First clue is if it's not Anniversary Red Metallic, and features a shale colored interior, it's not the anniversary edition.

Ok it’s not red one it is a black hard top car with real low miles & very clean so what’s your estimated value of it ? Any issues with 2003 to look for ?
Need more info and detail. Too many variables to consider. Some known issues but good outweigh the bad. If it’s a 6 speed more items to consider. Any mods, has it been painted, ever been under water, still have original windshield, what doesn’t work??? Find someone in your area or a Corvette club member that has one especially an original owner like myself with paperwork to prove claims being made. Assuming you’re looking at this vehicle get the vin# and run it through a GM Dealer for a Global History Search without tipping your hand. I can go on and on and on.
If your uncomfortable doing this get someone you trust to work with you. I hurts to get taken.

Need more info and detail. Too many variables to consider. Some known issues but good outweigh the bad. If it’s a 6 speed more items to consider. Any mods, has it been painted, ever been under water, still have original windshield, what doesn’t work??? Find someone in your area or a Corvette club member that has one especially an original owner like myself with paperwork to prove claims being made. Assuming you’re looking at this vehicle get the vin# and run it through a GM Dealer for a Global History Search without tipping your hand. I can go on and on and on.
If your uncomfortable doing this get someone you trust to work with you. I hurts to get taken.
Very clean original paint, 18000 miles, has 6 speed manual, I know the owner for years car is exceptionally clean never under water , no mods all stock original everything on car works reason he selling he is older can’t get in & out easy anymore car real clean only driven like may to Oct did they have (yellow) valve spring issues ?

Very clean original paint, 18000 miles, has 6 speed manual, I know the owner for years car is exceptionally clean never under water , no mods all stock original everything on car works reason he selling he is older can’t get in & out easy anymore car real clean only driven like may to Oct did they have (yellow) valve spring issues ?
Early cars had steering lock issues. Was subject to recall. Some had balancer lower pulley wobble, some had cracked rear spring/separation issues, some are prone to rear axle seal weeping or worse, most valve spring issues ended late 02. I my car was built early August of 2002. I ordered it and it just turned 9,000 miles. It has had 2 of these issues. Still recommend getting the GM report. Great document for your file. It’s free too. He must have service receipts, ask to see them. Black is a tough color to maintain to a high level. Inspect it very closely get it on a lift and look under the front nose especially the lower air dam and support struts with a high lumen light, you’ll be surprised. Rock chip damage in back against mufflers/area and in wheel wells. Wear on seat outer lumbarsIs it an FRC?
I suppose the tires have changed and battery too. I still have my originals. What’s the dates on the tires?

• Agree
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Early cars had steering lock issues. Was subject to recall. Some had balancer lower pulley wobble, some had cracked rear spring/separation issues, some are prone to rear axle seal weeping or worse, most valve spring issues ended late 02. I my car was built early August of 2002. I ordered it and it just turned 9,000 miles. It has had 2 of these issues. Still recommend getting the GM report. Great document for your file. It’s free too. He must have service receipts, ask to see them. Black is a tough color to maintain to a high level. Inspect it very closely get it on a lift and look under the front nose especially the lower air dam and support struts with a high lumen light, you’ll be surprised. Rock chip damage in back against mufflers/area and in wheel wells. Wear on seat outer lumbarsIs it an FRC?
I suppose the tires have changed and battery too. I still have my originals. What’s the dates on the tires?
Sorry don’t know what you mean by FRC??

My car fell outside of the valve spring issue but close enough by date I had them changed. I still have the original Goodyear F1's on the Z06 wheels but I have a new set of Continentals to go on this spring. The Goodyears still look brand new (37kms) but not worth risking damaging my new valve springs. :Biggrin:

My steering lock issue was corrected in the programming as were the auto/on headlights. The lights coming on and off beat up the gear mechanism unnecessarily. The seats are a problem on the majority of C5's, GM just did not put a lot of money into the interior of the C5. The drivers side seal on the rear end went twice, once warranty, once I just could not be bothered to take it back. The dealer sucked!!

Personally I think the C5 is a great platform to have some fun with and enjoy driving. I know a few who have gone 5 to 6 to 7 and all the way back to 5.

Good luck with your decision. As mentioned in my message to you buy with your eyes and ears and not your heart. Lots out there.

Sorry don’t know what you mean by FRC??

FRC Fixed Roof Coupe. Been around since 97 (?), 98 and 99 later morphed into a Fixed Roof Coupe Model Z06. Some of the early FRC's are rare, in all my years of owning my car for example I have only ever seen one non Z06 FRC in white. Supposed to be an "entry" level Corvette, not sure how that worked out. Great cars.

FRC Fixed Roof Coupe. Been around since 97 (?), 98 and 99 later morphed into a Fixed Roof Coupe Model Z06. Some of the early FRC's are rare, in all my years of owning my car for example I have only ever seen one non Z06 FRC in white. Supposed to be an "entry" level Corvette, not sure how that worked out. Great cars.
Yes Z06

So now we can assume it’s a straight coupe ( BTW - FRC has a trunk lid vs rear hatch glass) and is generally most valuable with convertible next. Just did some web surfing and seen several examples on the Vettnet, BaT. Hemmings and AutaBuy all in US $$ of course. Slimmer pickings in Canada and most all are still in storage.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
So this exact model of Corvette (a vert), mint 6sp. with about 1000kms total what's it worth in the current market?
If that's not a typo Tony and the car actually has only 1000 kms on it, it would command a premium price. One drawback though if it hasn't seen at least some use for a lot of years, there is likely some drying out of seals and the like that would need some replacing. Tires would be well outdated as well. My guess would be in the $45,000 to $50,000 range or more. If it was a typo and the car actually has 100,000 kms on it, drop that down to around $27 to $33,000 range. That would be my guess. Maybe @Black 03 Z06 would chime in with his thoughts here.

@Rruuff Day I would tend to agree with you on the car commanding a premium. I have 37K on mine and have replaced the tires, which looked brand new (Goodyear F1's). I think it is worth in the 35K price range. There in an independent dealer in Bobycaygeon, Ontario (Lakeside Auto Sales) that specializes in Corvettes and other high end automobiles, they move a lot of Corvettes. I think their pricing is pretty much spot on. They currently have an 03 special edition with 43,000 kms listed at $36,990.00. These cars have been creeping up in price for sometime. This may shock some but my 03 listed at $75K twenty years ago. No delivery problems, bought mine off the showroom and you could negotiate at that time, I got some nice plastic floor mats! :Biggrin:

They are worth keeping track of, they have a list of Corvettes sold for example but once sold they remove the price. Not sure why so you need to note pricing when the car is still for sale. Place apparently has a solid reputation.

Not a typo, 1k mileage.

My concern is that also and the lack of driven mileage along with most likely massive amounts of engine starts and idling with components not reaching operating temps.

Having said all that, kinda interested in the vehicle I located.
Sweet find nonetheless. If you can get it out for a test drive, dried out valve seals will show up in the exhaust pretty quick when you let off the gas. Cylinder corrosion should also show up. Depending on the price, is there room to spend another $5 to $10 k to bring it up to snuff?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.