Jul 25, 2012
Fraser Valley B.C.
VetteCoins
Car
2002 Convertible
Can someone steer me to the right cags eliminator kit that will also stop the light warning coming on the dash also? Also will installing this show up as an error during emissions testing by the povince? As in Air Care here in B.C..

I ordered mine from Corvette Central. It's a very, very easy install. Take advantage of their free shipping, especially if you have a few other things that you want. A rad screen is a worthwhile investment as our C5's are bottom feeders and it takes little tp no time to get clogged full of leaves, plastic bags and other debris.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I had my skip shift light turned off using HP Tuners when Russ K was having a look at the "tune" on my car. If you find a shop with HP Tuners, they can do it for you. Get a quote first though! A shop in Saskatoon quoted me $300 just to connect the computer! Russ K adjusted my fan turn on temps, had a look at the tune and turned off my skip shift light for $100. The previous owner had the skip shift installed so we didn't have to touch that. It is so nice driving and not being forced into 4th!

Think I'm going to go the $20 cags bypass from CC that Xtasy put me onto. CC claims it will eliminate the light coming on too. Did not even see it while browsing their site.Was just a little leary of putting in cause it seems our Air Care testing machines are almost human and don't like changes from the original. Thank God that at the end of 20014 the pollution testing comes to an end here.

Think I'm going to go the $20 cags bypass from CC that Xtasy put me onto. CC claims it will eliminate the light coming on too. Did not even see it while browsing their site.Was just a little leary of putting in cause it seems our Air Care testing machines are almost human and don't like changes from the original. Thank God that at the end of 2014 the pollution testing comes to an end here.

Lucky you. We're still working on that one. It's about time.

I don't know if the C5 and C6 are the same but with our 2005 it was just a matter of using the fuse they supplied and I believe it was the #10 fuse in the under hood fuse block that it replaced. Simple and worked for us. I'm not overly aggressive in my driving and I only saw the 1-4 shift light come on about twice before adding the fuse. I probably could have gotten along just fine without it. However if I had wanted a computer to tell me when and how to shift, I would have bought a car with an automatic. ;) 45 year old stick shift habits can't be interfered with. :nono:

I ordered mine from Corvette Central. It's a very, very easy install. Take advantage of their free shipping, especially if you have a few other things that you want. A rad screen is a worthwhile investment as our C5's are bottom feeders and it takes little tp no time to get clogged full of leaves, plastic bags and other debris.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
People don't realize or think about the radiator on a C5 ,If ya don't have a screen they really need to be cleaned and vacuumed a couple times a year.Your recommendation for a Rad screen is an excellent suggestion.

The cags bypass for both my C5 &C6 we're easy installs .