YFCvii

Power User
Beta
Oct 10, 2016
VetteCoins
Although I never purchased this car ... I almost did and today I got a sad remembrance.
2002-Chevy-Monte-Carlo.jpg

I put $2000 cash down at a Calgary Dealership for First Right to this Car while it was transit.
True, a lot of this was emotional.
Reality came in though when, on arrival, the Dealer decided to add $5k to the $38k MSRP.
I was so pissed. I quickly demanded my $2000 be returned
(and this becoming one part of my Calgary Dealership issues in my past)
I really loved the look of the car but never went back.
I heard the car eventually sold well below MSRP and the buyer had the #3 signature decals removed.

Today I was out and about and noticed this #3 car from afar - had to side track to check it out and get a photo.
I found this car disappointingly really beat up and I am saddened by it. I will spare any details.
it is hard to hide the cheap-ass window tint being done
I post this today with photos (from a distance) to give this particular car a little of what I can ... in remembrance
image1a.jpeg image2a.jpeg
Ironically this is on the very day of Dale Earnhardt Jr's final #88 Nascar Career drive in Homestead (congrats Martin Truex Jr)​

Last edited:
I wanted the #3 car in 2002 but wasn’t ready to buy at that time.
But in the summer of 2003 I was looking for something special and my Dealer here had a Jeff Gordon car hidden away... he said it is mine if I want it... #62/2424.
Factory ghost flames, etc. A nice looking car. I am a NASCAR fan and die-cast collector...and this would be the ultimate.
It is a great cruiser car, been to a lot of car shows, have driven it to California a few times too.
We still have it as a summer car and love it. It goes into storage next week.
My buddy has a 2002 Earnhardt Sr car and we sometimes put then nose-nose at car shows.

It is a shame to see these cars in disrepair. I saw a Gordon car on CraigsList a year ago on a car lot for $5k, it was totally beat-up. What a shame.
DC9C93E2-0247-43E8-AFB0-6340EB1BB3A2.jpeg
54C50AFF-832B-4BB1-AD5B-CDC372BF1D75.jpeg
9319C149-864D-494D-842E-B52416D53382.jpeg
F75E05DC-AA15-484A-BEAF-880A1E07DFDD.jpeg
3C9F0604-1A14-465B-A4AC-ACEBF9C8786E.jpeg

I went a step further and had Jeff Gordon sign my dash.

Graham

Last edited:
I wasn't much of a Gordon Fan until nearer his retirement when realizing what would be fading away from the Sport ... as with Stewart too.
I remember this Blue Gordon Car and I really liked the flames. I had a 1:24 diecast of each of the #3 and #24 Monte Carlo Cars in compromise of the real things. (since resold on eBay)

I wanted the #3 car in 2002 but wasn’t ready to buy at that time.
But in the summer of 2003 I was looking for something special and my Dealer here had a Jeff Gordon car hidden away... he said it is mine if I want it... #62/2424.
Factory ghost flames, etc. A nice looking car. I am a NASCAR fan and die-cast collector...and this would be the ultimate.
It is a great cruiser car, been to a lot of car shows, have driven it to California a few times too.
We still have it as a summer car and love it. It goes into storage next week.
My buddy has a 2002 Earnhardt Sr car and we sometimes put then nose-nose at car shows.

It is a shame to see these cars in disrepair. I saw a Gordon car on CraigsList a year ago on a car lot for $5k, it was totally beat-up. What a shame.View attachment 12874View attachment 12875View attachment 12876View attachment 12877View attachment 12878
I went a step further and had Jeff Gordon sign my dash.

Graham

:thumbs: And don't forget the drift track in the trunk..... That still blows me away Graham.....:Hurray:

Reactions: nascar03
spence....
They did release a Stewart car in 2005.
A buddy here has one in his collection. <1K kms.
He bought it at B-J Auction a few years ago.

Graham
I heard about it ... did not get in front of one ...
It had a whole lotta Earnhardt Black ... and thankfully not too much orange ...
(wait for it ... Eric's comment to follow ...)
tony stewart.jpg

and also the Dale Earnhardt Jr too ...
ooooo ... lookie in the background

dale jr.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
I heard about it ... did not get in front of one ...
It had a whole lotta Earnhardt Black ... and thankfully not too much orange ...
(wait for it ... Eric's comment to follow ...):thumbs:

What can I say Spence... personal preference goes many ways.... and colours....

What can I say Spence... personal preference goes many ways.... and colours....
You gotta know when people nudge that there is often a wee bit of envy in it ;) (sorry my Scottish coming out :Shy: )
If Freda chose DSO over the LBR in 2016, I would have been all over it :Woot: as there was one left in Calgary at the time (although it was in Calgary :Shifty: ).
Wait until we keep the New Release Orange Colour for 2018/19 ... I think it's called Sebring Orange Tintcoat and the internet release looked rather sweet on the High Definition LED screen. :thumbs:

Reactions: Rruuff Day
You gotta know when people nudge that there is often a wee bit of envy in it ;) (sorry my Scottish coming out :Shy: )
If Freda chose DSO over the LBR in 2016, I would have been all over it :Woot: as there was one left in Calgary at the time (although it was in Calgary :Shifty: ).
Wait until we keep the New Release Orange Colour for 2018/19 ... I think it's called Sebring Orange Tintcoat and the internet release looked rather sweet on the High Definition LED screen. :thumbs:

Hmmmm.... I have no idea what a nudge is..... :rofl: Scottish eh? So you've heard the Scottish version of Mick Jagger's "Hey you! Get off of my Cloud" I expect. :rolleyes:

My C6 was Victory Red. There was an Arctic White, a Shark Grey and a Torch Red on the lot where I bought mine and I looked long and hard at the red as Brenda is a big red fan but I figured I might keep this one for a while and I wanted it optioned out. And I didn't take Brenda to look at them until I had already decided....lol....The Torch Red was a 3LT but the DSOM had the added option packages I wanted as well so Brenda lost out...lol... Now if she'd have offered to buy it for me as a birthday present, I might have been driving the Torch Red instead,,,lol. But my fav colour was the DSOM so I'm glad I got to make the decision.

Yes. I really like the Sebring Orange as well. It definitely pops.... No metallic though....

Reactions: Riley P
Hmmmm.... I have no idea what a nudge is..... :rofl: Scottish eh? So you've heard the Scottish version of Mick Jagger's "Hey you! Get off of my Cloud" I expect. :rolleyes:

My C6 was Victory Red. There was an Arctic White, a Shark Grey and a Torch Red on the lot where I bought mine and I looked long and hard at the red as Brenda is a big red fan but I figured I might keep this one for a while and I wanted it optioned out. And I didn't take Brenda to look at them until I had already decided....lol....The Torch Red was a 3LT but the DSOM had the added option packages I wanted as well so Brenda lost out...lol... Now if she'd have offered to buy it for me as a birthday present, I might have been driving the Torch Red instead,,,lol. But my fav colour was the DSOM so I'm glad I got to make the decision.

Yes. I really like the Sebring Orange as well. It definitely pops.... No metallic though....
"wee" is the Scottish part ...
"nudge" in regard to the "not too much orange" quip on the "Stewart" edition Monte Carlo ...

Thanks for the offer but my free time for commitment is gonna bit sporadic for a bit. My buddy and I are hunting most weekends and cutting game most days through the week right now. Chicken and coyote hunting will keep us occupied into January since they lengthened the seasons a few years ago... Then I'm off to Liberia until mid February.... Wide open after that though...lol.... Sorry.... May sound like a dodge but really it's not.... :)

I agree.... It's already been a long winter.... I had to get a couple things out of the Vette the other day so I jumped in and sat in the seat.... That was a mistake cause then I really missed the drive.... lol.... It will come soon though.... We are already only 5 months away .... errrrr....
:tearz:

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread