Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
308 km/h on the #QEW. Two 19 year old kids going for a “drive” with dads car. Driver charged with #StreetRacing and Criminal Dangerous Driving. #7DayLicenceSuspension #7DayVehicleImpound

13:20 lecture? Please. Get back to whatever it you do Schmitty.
I was waiting for the good part. There wasn't one.
He could have said his $.02 in 30 seconds or less.

Who cares what the car was ... it's about the Clown operating it.

This reminds me about a post reaction that was put on this Forum by
@mikeyz06 who is no longer on CCF. He took soooo much
flak after absolutely loosing it on a post by someone in Calgary
taking about "test-tracking" of sort on Deerfoot Trail. Mike can
and has been called upon to support first-responders at many
fatal sites due to what I can only refer to as criminal operation
of a vehicle. I might be speculating but he might still read a little
on these Forums once in a while and that leads me to the chance
that he might then eventually come across this message of mine ...
the event of his past has obviously resonated with me and was a
part of my getting to know the "skin" he has to often work in.

Thank you first responders and all of the support personnel that
rush into harms way as there is much more to say against the
rubber-nickers, cell-phone paparazzi, and speed neglecting
clowns passing by these scenes.

These 300kph Clowns are fortunate that I do not live near them.
Parents of young-adults must lock up the arsenal which includes
the keys to accessing the control of such vehicles.

What bad news this could have been on Mothers' Day.

Seeing mention of this incident for the first time on this Forum, my first inclination was that it was someone out looking to see how fast their Corvette and perhaps a brand new C8 (with a top speed around 312 km/hr), could go. I thought others might have the same reaction; hence my comment. I wasn't condoning nor looking to glamorize what this driver did and the original poster "Nik" mentioned the charges brought against the driver and then Sgt Schmidt in the attached video rightfully expresses his displeasure with this dangerous behaviour. And yes, good thing it didn't end with an accident and totally spoil someone's Mother's Day.

Yeah sorry this was a copy/paste job from where I read it not my personal commentary nor commendation.

It's not Corvette specific hence it's in off topic. You guys are reading too much C8 news :D Also not sure but possibly close if not the highest speed anyone may have been caught doing at least in the province? Who knows. It's pretty insane as a mistake on a public road at that clip is instant death for occupants plus whoever they take with them.

Last edited:
Yeah sorry this was a copy/paste job from where I read it not my personal commentary nor commendation.

It's not Corvette specific hence it's in off topic. You guys are reading too much C8 news :D Also not sure but possibly close if not the highest speed anyone may have been caught doing at least in the province? Who knows. It's pretty insane as a mistake on a public road at that clip is instant death for occupants plus whoever they take with them.

To your comment about me "reading too much C8 news" I plead G U I L T Y ! My spouse is really tired of me looking at my i-phone and telling her when she asks, that I'm looking at the Corvette or C8 Forums. She's having her own issues these days with "COVID-isolation" but I think she's starting to particularly hate the COVID-inspired C8 production delay which, along with the nicer weather outside, has me forever longing for a C8...

It reminds me of my former "motorcycle days" when each year I'd get bike Spring fever as soon as the snow melted and I'd drive my better half nuts when I'd identify the make and model of each and every motorcycle that passed by, being driven by those far-too-eager motorcyclists who had their bikes on the road before the winter grit had been cleaned off.

Does anyone know the name of a good "C8-shrink" who does virtual counselling? :slapmyself:

To your comment about me "reading too much C8 news" I plead G U I L T Y ! My spouse is really tired of me looking at my i-phone and telling her when she asks, that I'm looking at the Corvette or C8 Forums. She's having her own issues these days with "COVID-isolation" but I think she's starting to particularly hate the COVID-inspired C8 production delay which, along with the nicer weather outside, has me forever longing for a C8...

It reminds me of my former "motorcycle days" when each year I'd get bike Spring fever as soon as the snow melted and I'd drive my better half nuts when I'd identify the make and model of each and every motorcycle that passed by, being driven by those far-too-eager motorcyclists who had their bikes on the road before the winter grit had been cleaned off.

Does anyone know the name of a good "C8-shrink" who does virtual counselling? :slapmyself:

It sound to me you have been officially been bitten and infected by the Stingray. Just wait until you get behind the wheel, you are doomed for life! Enjoy @netsinah.

Reactions: ZZ007
This is an easy one to punish: don’t impound the car, seize it.

I don’t remember ontario laws exactly, but I think seizing the car is something their traffic law gives them the power to do under “stunting” or the like.

Then, chuckles and his buddy will have to deal with dad, who just had his mega buck car seized. I guarantee they will get a harsher punishment than any law court will give them...

Yes.I have the utmost respect for first responders, it's a job I could not do. They see some dreadful accidents.

This is a pic of what was left of a Lambo Huracan travelling at 330 kph when he hit a bump...

1589161217325.png

I won't say too much but suffice it to say that I have seen the results when speeds were considerably less. It is not a pretty sight and leaves its mark on the first responders who have to roll up and handle the scene. Criminal doesn't even come close to describing what I think of it. Maybe people like this need to spend time in the emerg or on an ambulance to see what happens when it goes wrong. Then they can see it, hear it and smell it. But then again, they might suffer like some first responders do without the help we get.

This is an easy one to punish: don’t impound the car, seize it.

I don’t remember ontario laws exactly, but I think seizing the car is something their traffic law gives them the power to do under “stunting” or the like.

Then, chuckles and his buddy will have to deal with dad, who just had his mega buck car seized. I guarantee they will get a harsher punishment than any law court will give them...
In Ontario stunt driving/racing allows the police to tow and impound the car for 7 days, license suspension, fine up to $5000. You won't get a ticket but a summons to appear in court. The insurance premium afterwards is the fun part. And all that without getting into an accident and possibly killing someone. Unfortunately there is no shortage of stupid out there.

• Agree
Reactions: 12cents
In Ontario stunt driving/racing allows the police to tow and impound the car for 7 days, license suspension, fine up to $5000. You won't get a ticket but a summons to appear in court. The insurance premium afterwards is the fun part. And all that without getting into an accident and possibly killing someone. Unfortunately there is no shortage of stupid out there.

This sign is near Kenora not long after you enter Ontario.

1589212153139.png

Interesting back history of this law 2009 brought by then Attorney General Michael Bryant. Politically It did not end so well for him. Ended tragically for another man although I am not certain what I would have done under the same circumstances.

Interesting back history of this law 2009 brought by then Attorney General Michael Bryant. Politically It did not end so well for him. Ended tragically for another man although I am not certain what I would have done under the same circumstances.

Agreed...Although unfortunate a life was lost, if the circumstances we were privy to were correct, the decision to drop charges was the correct one. I would likely have tried to dislodge a violent drunk individual as well.

• Agree
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Agreed...Although unfortunate a life was lost, if the circumstances we were privy to were correct, the decision to drop charges was the correct one. I would likely have tried to dislodge a violent drunk individual as well.

Agreed Eric, there is a point where you have to protect yourself and family. Just found it interesting that this political guy got caught up in this. He currently is the General Council to the Canadian Civil Liberties Association.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.