Awesome capture Mike .... :thumbs: ... nothing gets by you ...
I think the one that we will call "Freda" might have been saying ...
"... but this would be Real Gone if it were just a little bit of a lighter shade of blue ..." :Woot:

Last edited:
Mike, you were lucky in some places those two would have had the wheels off and been heading down the street in eleven seconds.:ROFL:

Seriously it is good to see kids still interested in cars, and I can see why they would look at yours. Pretty sharp vehicle.:thumbs:
Something about Ontario you're not divulging? :Biggrin: :Biggrin: So,no parking near the Skydome? Sorry,it'll always be Skydome to me.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
On some days I have been going by a group of middle age day care kids out for a walk with the monitor. Just about every time I hear "nice car". The looks from the monitors are even better though. To bad I can't offer them a tide in front of the kids.
At an onroute stop on the way to Bayfield the best comment was from a mom to her daughter "we'll get one when we have more money". Wonder if the daughter realized how much it was costing her parents to raise her. Kids need to appreciate the sacrifices parents make for them LOL

Reactions: YFCvii
On some days I have been going by a group of middle age day care kids out for a walk with the monitor. Just about every time I hear "nice car". The looks from the monitors are even better though. To bad I can't offer them a tide in front of the kids.
At an onroute stop on the way to Bayfield the best comment was from a mom to her daughter "we'll get one when we have more money". Wonder if the daughter realized how much it was costing her parents to raise her. Kids need to appreciate the sacrifices parents make for them LOL

The response would have been just a tad bit different from this parent (of a 15yr old).
Instead of "We'll get one ...", from me it would be "You can get one when you have the money".
Kids are so in tune with the verbiage where they need to know that they have to do the earning
and not be lead down the path of being given or having everything.
(I know ... that's a play on words ... but it's fine tuned parenting to me).
On the flip side, depending on how old the kid is, there is nothing like being one without many of
the worries of when they are older. The gazing eyes of a kid at the Corvette, makes for the likelihood
of a future Corvette Owner ... went that way for both my wife and I
(and likely for many of us looking back at this moment). :thumbs:

Last edited:
The response would have been just a tad bit different from this parent (of a 15yr old).
Instead of "We'll get one ...", from me it would be "You can get one when you have the money".
Kids are so in tune with the verbiage where they need to know that they have to do the earning
and not be lead down the path of being given or having everything.
(I know ... that's a play on words ... but it's fine tuned parenting to me).
On the flip side, depending on how old the kid is, there is nothing like being one without many of
the worries of when they are older. The gazing eyes of a kid at the Corvette, makes for the likelihood
of a future Corvette Owner ... went that way for both my wife and I
(and likely for many of us looking back at this moment). :thumbs:

I still remember the day as a kid seeing my first C3 chrome bumper car, and saying one day I'm going to have one of those. People stop and ask me how much did my 1970 or 2015 cost, I reply by saying, "30 years of hard work!"

I still remember the day as a kid seeing my first C3 chrome bumper car, and saying one day I'm going to have one of those. People stop and ask me how much did my 1970 or 2015 cost, I reply by saying, "30 years of hard work!"
Good reply Ziggy!! Summer slowly coming to a close though. Have a great weekend.

Reactions: turbozig

Yes brilliant response Ziggy! Sums it up perfectly for me too.
Having kids 25 and 18 I do find it interesting that they do not seem to give a damn about cars the way we did and do. My daughter who is 25 is somewhat obsessed with a G Wagon but this is more of a punch bug interest than a goal. The 18 year old son or any of his friends couldn't care less about cars. They are simply a conveyance to them. The little *hit doesn't even want to ride in the Corvette. (which I'm secretly happy about)
They generally think I'm a low witted dinosaur spending so much time and energy with the Corvette and Hummer's.
One thing they do know is if you want it... work for it! Just like their Mom and I did. :Biggrin:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.