Ranman

2 You're 10
Aug 21, 2013
ancaster
VetteCoins
Car
Hello all, I bought my first corvette a couple of weeks ago and love it! 1985 black on black coupe. Does anyone know where I can find a speed sensor that goes on the transmission? All the gauges on my digital dash work fine except the speedometer and the odometer doesn't move anymore. I have had the dash out and tested all the connections and they are all good. I have been told to try replacing the speed sensor. has anyone out there had this issue? I am also looking for a new steering wheel as mine is chewed up. I am located in Hamilton if anyone can help.
nice to meet all of you! looking forward to getting together for some events.

Attachments

• $T2eC16JHJH0FG1uEzqCUBR7pM)15jw~~48_35.jpg
    $T2eC16JHJH0FG1uEzqCUBR7pM)15jw~~48_35.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 12
Welcome to the forum. Manny (Nasty98) can most likely help. He's located in Breslau at Dasilva Motorsports. Nice '85 you have.

First welcome to the forum. Your not far from a few of the members here. And we do get together from time to time. Watch the forum for more on that.

I don't think I'll be too much help to your question. I am wondering though; is your car running well with the exception of no speedo?? I believe if your speed sensor was not working, the ecm would be having a problem determining fuel out put spark and so on. (I'm no mechanic) The early C4's are well known for the star-wars type dash not working right. I really believe your problem will be found in that. The odometer on your car is like the old style (not digital). I think it is run by a cable to the trans.
If you really think you need a speed sensor, I would think Rock Auto would be able to ship one out to you. Google them.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?carcode=1041208&parttype=10634&ck[ID]=0&ck[idlist]=0&ck[viewcurrency]=USD&ck[PHP_SESSION_ID]=6lmv1v6539aavhv6o6sqtpcm40

Again, welcome to the forum, look forward to meeting up with you in the near future.

Hey that makes 2 from Ancaster......Ford Prefect is in your fair town too.:D

Welcome and I also look forward to meeting up and seeing the C4.
I'm headed to the west coast to pic up my C4 today. Gonna be a great trip cruisin' back in mine with another member: Steamer.

Cheers,
Colin.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.