Seems I recall hearing GM is now covering C8 owners 1st DCT filter change in Canada now, (same as US customers). Can anyone confirm this? I guess I could just ask a GM service adviser but, I actually don't know of an advisor I trust more than the members on this forum :canada:.
Not for 2020's I'm afraid.

Have a 21 Z51. I lucked out having a leaky drive shaft seal, so, had new DCT fluid put in plus 2 quarts and a new filter under warranty. Had to pay for the filter and 2 extra quarts. Paid $156.77 CDN for the filter and $77.77 CDN for the 2 qts. of fluid @ the 2000 km mark+/-.
Works like a charm at 10,000 km mark +/-.

Not for 2020's I'm afraid.
I think it's 22's and up, but I'm not 100% on that. It says on the window sticker unless you are an early production car.
My 2022 build ( April 11 ) window sticker only says:

2 complimentary lube-oil-filter. 2 year/24000 km.

I have a 2022 now, built April 7th. My window sticker also says;

2 complimentary Lube-oil-filter. 2 year/24000km.

I guess we get the free DCT filter AND 2 Lube-oil-filter/24000km. changes? Armed with this information, lets see what the service advisor says :crazy1:.

By the way, what is the "Lube" part of the Lube-oil-Filter anyways?

I have a 2022 now, built April 7th. My window sticker also says;

2 complimentary Lube-oil-filter. 2 year/24000km.

I guess we get the free DCT filter AND 2 Lube-oil-filter/24000km. changes? Armed with this information, lets see what the service advisor says :crazy1:.

By the way, what is the "Lube" part of the Lube-oil-Filter anyways?
I'm tempted to throw in my 2 cents, but Murray already sent me a pre ban notice if I did....

There are 2 dealers in Victoria..Jenner and Dave Wheaton.

Wheaton has a drive through oil change bay that I always use..

If you want the DCT service also you would probably need to make an appointment a week in advance at any dealer.

Wheaton is the Victoria Corvette club sponsor.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Bucketoy
...any advice on a reputable dealer in the Vancouver area to get this done?
In Vancouver (Richmond BC is like a suburb) I visited most of the service depts and was really impressed with SERVICE CENTRE IN RICHMOND, BC | Dueck Richmond the bays are clean, a good waiting area with view to service bays but best of all I spoke with the C8 tech and he is very knowledgeable. My oil change was about 45 minutes including extreme care in lifting the car.
As far as free DCT filter change, I wrote/spoke several times with GM Concierge and was informed the the 2022 MYs were free but in Canada 20-21 were not. There was a shortage of DCT filters but I think that has been cleared up plus I have one. I would still make the appointment in advance and also arrange for tire rotation as the 1st tire rotation at 12,000km has been discussed as important.

• Informative
Reactions: Bucketoy
At what km did you guys get the DCT change. I have a 22 c8 with 6000 km.

I had my free one @ 3500km , sure it’s early but for the cost of a $140 filter from Kipp Scott and an hour of my time to change it at 12000 km I don’t want to chance a DCT problem because the filter is plugged and in bypass mode

Reactions: crazylegs
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.