Zora

Corvettes & Road Trips: Priceless
Regular
Sep 23, 2018
U.S. Pacific Northwest
VetteCoins
Depending on whether you believe that the last year of C7 production ends in 2019 (as I do), we nevertheless have proof that at least the first 2019 C7 option is no longer orderable — maybe the first C7 option itself has gone extinct.

For Canadian orderers, this official GM announcement COULD have massive consequences, i.e., might no new C7’s be ever orderable? I do not know how this might work for new Canadian orders not either already “in the pipeline” and/or the ability for additional/new C7 orders to be placed.

I hope this is not really bad news for someone originally planning to order their 2019 C7 in the spring, and/or those who were waiting for 2020 C7’s orders to open up, for two things are for sure, and that is that not only has GM not announced their will ever be a mid engine Corvette produced, nor have they announced that C7 production is ending at the end of this model year.

See the picture within the link if you want official GM proof that one 2019 C7 option has become extinct.

Proof: 1st 2019 Option Extinct - MidEngineCorvetteForum.com

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: ccltj and ddgermann
I am guessing through all the tech writing that its the
Chromed Stingray Wheels to be first removed as an option
until the last set is put on in Factory assembly?
I get that this is likely the idea that once one item goes away ... dominoes remain to next fall

Reactions: Zora
We see these constraints throughout the year on all models for many reasons. They look at take rates (how many orders), supplier issues, quality issues, prices and such. Some options disappear, others come back once the issue is resolved. We often have to remove some options from an order if we want it to get built quicker. We sometimes see up to 20 or 30 constraints some weeks. Some options return, others don't.

We see these constraints throughout the year on all models for many reasons. They look at take rates (how many orders), supplier issues, quality issues, prices and such. Some options disappear, others come back once the issue is resolved. We often have to remove some options from an order if we want it to get built quicker. We sometimes see up to 20 or 30 constraints some weeks. Some options return, others don't.
... yoikes :Wideyed: this might be like rocket-ship building for the next little while ...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
I respectively disagree that we see 20 to 30 constraints some weeks— at least not in the U.S. (thought perhaps ordering in Canada can experience unique and additional constraints). For a very specific reason, I have been monitoring constraints every single week since the first week of 2014 Stingray ordering consensus, and the very highest number of constraints was 12 constraints the second week of November, 2013. The average number of week constraints since the C7 gen started has been less than six.

The below official GMfleetorderguide.com announcement is the very first time we have seen an option be noted for the remainder of the model year — and if no C7’s are made next year, my belief, the first C7 option to be totally and forever constrained.

2CBAFDC4-FDED-455B-A86F-1E075DAC4604.jpeg

Last edited:
I respectively disagree that we see 20 to 30 constraints some weeks— at least not in the U.S. (thought perhaps ordering in Canada can experience unique and additional constraints). For a very specific reason, I have been monitoring constraints every single week since the first week of 2014 Stingray ordering consensus, and the very highest number of constraints was 12 constraints the second week of November, 2013. The average number of week constraints since the C7 gen started has been less than six.

The below official GMfleetorderguide.com announcement is the very first time we have seen an option be noted for the remainder of the model year — and if no C7’s are made next year, my belief, the first C7 option to be totally and forever constrained.

View attachment 21499
Sorry, I was referring to the industry in general, yes "built out for the 2019 model year" is a whole different story!

Depending on whether you believe that the last year of C7 production ends in 2019 (as I do), we nevertheless have proof that at least the first 2019 C7 option is no longer orderable — maybe the first C7 option itself has gone extinct.

For Canadian orderers, this official GM announcement COULD have massive consequences, i.e., might no new C7’s be ever orderable? I do not know how this might work for new Canadian orders not either already “in the pipeline” and/or the ability for additional/new C7 orders to be placed.

I hope this is not really bad news for someone originally planning to order their 2019 C7 in the spring, and/or those who were waiting for 2020 C7’s orders to open up, for two things are for sure, and that is that not only has GM not announced their will ever be a mid engine Corvette produced, nor have they announced that C7 production is ending at the end of this model year.

See the picture within the link if you want official GM proof that one 2019 C7 option has become extinct.

Proof: 1st 2019 Option Extinct - MidEngineCorvetteForum.com
I think the C7 will still be available for some time after the C8: I can't see GM putting all their eggs in one basket right away - common sense - marketing 101.

• Agree
You thesis was correct, at least it was two years ago, as GM’s original marketing plan was to co-produce the FE and the ME for two years, e.g., 2020 and 2021 (the C7 will not meet U.S. safety standards for 2022 and Tadge said they could not retrofit it). However, lots has changed from that now over two year old decision.

There are so many advances in the C8 that folks have yet to even imagine, that will folks buy an older gen once they experience how much the new one has to offer? True, no manual trans; true its radical compared to FE looks are mightily changed, but what if the Corvette world, hell the sports car world is wowed by what is revealed — which BTW is so much better than any rendering we have yet seen (as readlly agreed to by all major C8 renderers.)

I can not say anything more, but I hope no one puts off their C7 purchasing plans into the next model year.

Still a price point issue? Many are at or close to the top of their budget (some possibly over) at 60 or 70k. Obviously not the GS and Z06 buyers but base C7 is the volume car.

You thesis was correct, at least it was two years ago, as GM’s original marketing plan was to co-produce the FE and the ME for two years, e.g., 2020 and 2021 (the C7 will not meet U.S. safety standards for 2022 and Tadge said they could not retrofit it). However, lots has changed from that now over two year old decision.

There are so many advances in the C8 that folks have yet to even imagine, that will folks buy an older gen once they experience how much the new one has to offer? True, no manual trans; true its radical compared to FE looks are mightily changed, but what if the Corvette world, hell the sports car world is wowed by what is revealed
Seems to me the sports car world was wowed by the C7 was it not? I have no doubt they will be wowed by the C8 as well but the C7 and actually any Corvette will still be a head turner. IMHO

Seems to me the sports car world was wowed by the C7 was it not? I have no doubt they will be wowed by the C8 as well but the C7 and actually any Corvette will still be a head turner. IMHO
Absolutely agree. Also bang for the buck especially the base car at 60ish. Very close to Mustang Camaro territory.

Discovering first hand the two beloved vehicles in Pahrump over Easter 2017 and again during Easter 2018, I am OK with both the production Camaro and the Corvette. I would not argue owning one of each for their differences. I was amazed seeing the Camaro easily Piloting the Corvettes by Instructors. They are a cornering muscle beast. I was impressed even in the passenger seat during a ride-along (blessed with 3 with different instructors in 2017). I had 3 more instructor ride alongs until I got Rico in the Corvette in 2018. One can surely hold their own in a Camaro on the track. So the Corvette will now “go to infinity and beyond” as a C8 ME ... something Camaro surely won’t follow ….
The existing 7 generations of the Corvette will always have advocates ... I will always be one and will likely add the C8 once I warm to actually being able to see and touch it ...
This is the first time that a “phase out process” (C7) will actually have my attention. I am grateful for the rather interesting and informative posts.here on CCF & Thank you 👍🏻

Last edited:
I've had both and a Mustang, liked them all for various reasons or i wouldn't have bought them. Fell in lust with the first C7 i saw at a car show in 2014, just didn't think i would ever own one. I've always said, if its cool and fast I don't care who builds it i probably like it. From what I've seen of the ME Corvette so far i would be honored to own one at some point!

Back to the title and focus of this thread, we were told today (Thursday are the beginning of the six day constraint cycle and the announcement of this consensus’ constraint), that there is now a second 2019 C7 option that has gone extinct for the rest of the model year. That is ption “RCK,” Performance Air Intake.

This seems early on to be start eliminating options for the rest of the year. I was told that a third one is coming before the year is out (but not a hint as to what it will be). Those who are wanting to order a C7, I suggest sooner than later, for not only are the now increasing numbers of permanently unavailable 2019 options, but as now a growing number are believing, could 2019 be the last of the front engined Corvettes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.