AllFlash

Power User
Jul 25, 2014
Niagara
VetteCoins
Car
2015 Z06
So I noticed that there were a fair number of people not considering the CCF Meet in Winnipeg simply because of distance. This may be a possible alternative and I thought I would throw it in as it is being responded to like wildfire by clubs right now. Where they initially expected 100 or so Vettes, it may be so much more. It is in Kingston on 22-23 June and includes such things as Corvette only parking, road closures to assist with the event (Vette only travel), accommodations, Fort Henry tour and dinner, pen tours etc... We are booked.... This is the link and think this is going to be the start of something big...because of location and reach.

Events

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Les it sounds like a great weekend. My plan is to attend and will book a room soon.

Meet in the Middle is still something I am trying to figure out the logistics of in my mind. I would have to trailer the car, just could not make it work any other way. Who knows but there are a lot of people on here I really would like to meet.

Reactions: Riley P
I have talked to Karen about the Wpg trip and she is encouraging.... saying that this car could probably beat the 17 hour record we did it in so many years ago. She would do anything to ensure we got up there as quickly as possible... Needless to say it would probably be a straight through trip for me... leave at 4am and arrive before midnight

Reactions: Riley P
I have talked to Karen about the Wpg trip and she is encouraging.... saying that this car could probably beat the 17 hour record we did it in so many years ago. She would do anything to ensure we got up there as quickly as possible... Needless to say it would probably be a straight through trip for me... leave at 4am and arrive before midnight

hmmmm.... Just checked Les.... There are motels between Niagra and Winnipeg..... ;) Just kidding...I'm sure I speak for a bunch out here in that it would be great to meet you and as many of our forum Eastern counterparts as possible. Your drive is just about exactly the same as ours from Alberta. Hope you can make it.

Well not quite the same... I have done Winnipeg to Edmonton in under 10 hours...could never manage that from Southern Ontario or further East. That's the hiccup here... By the books, it is 1300km your way and about 2200km from Southern, Ontario...as some wouldn't want to venture the US route. The US route is still above 2000km. It was unfortunate that on my trip through with the Vette, I never met up with anyone in Sask and Alberta, although i remember complaining as there was no premium gas in Saskatewan on my way through. The Winnipeg crew...treated me like gold. Winnipeg is also an ideal place for a meet as there is so much to do and some great scenery... For those venturing from east, the Canadian ride is very scenic though.

IMG_2906.JPG
It was unfortunate that on my trip through with the Vette, I never met up with anyone in Sask and Alberta, although i remember complaining as there was no premium gas in Saskatewan on my way through. The Winnipeg crew...treated me like gold. Winnipeg is also an ideal place for a meet as there is so much to do and some great scenery... For those venturing from east, the Canadian ride is very scenic though.

Reactions: Riley P and Brent08
View attachment 13020 It was unfortunate that on my trip through with the Vette, I never met up with anyone in Sask and Alberta, although i remember complaining as there was no premium gas in Saskatewan on my way through. The Winnipeg crew...treated me like gold. Winnipeg is also an ideal place for a meet as there is so much to do and some great scenery... For those venturing from east, the Canadian ride is very scenic though.[/QUOTE]

Just about all the Shell and Co-op stations in Saskatchewan have premium gasoline now.

Reactions: AllFlash
51000 km and she runs immaculate... looks just as she sits. I also have my eye on a new ZR but that is a family discussion at present. I don't know if I could sell her or just pass her over to my wife.

Last edited:
Les it sounds like a great weekend. My plan is to attend and will book a room soon.

Meet in the Middle is still something I am trying to figure out the logistics of in my mind. I would have to trailer the car, just could not make it work any other way. Who knows but there are a lot of people on here I really would like to meet.
We are booked for Corvette invasion, also adding on , heading to Huntsville Wednesday night then Ottawa Thursday night and then Kingston Friday to Sunday. So far 3 cars.

Darren, I have booked a room for Friday and Saturday night in Kingston. My plan was to drive down from Haliburton on Friday morning, it is about a three hour run from here. I will give Ottawa some thought and get back to you.

Hi gentleman, Last year my girl and I did three events, one was a Corvette rally 500 miles, the other two were car shows in Sudbury and the Collingwood corvette show. We met some wonderful people along the way and had a blast. The local corvette club in Sudbury hasn't been alive since 2015 and I was looking to see if the northeastern corvette owners would like to start one up again. Any pointers you can give me?
Oh ya, we're also booked for the Invasion in Kingston :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread