Apr 30, 2012
Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2005 C6 1SB
I don't see the 1996 LT4 cars mentioned here. We're thinking of perhaps a second car and I see the odd one of these for sale from time to time. They can be weird in that the odd one runs way better than the average. People in the U.S. who do a lot of dyno work have seen this after seeing the odd one turn exceptionally good quarter mile times as well. These are more in the price range of what we might be looking for and I already have a spare LT1 sitting on an engine stand. Have any of you guys had any experience with them? When I mention the LT4, I usually get that deer in the headlights stare.
This writeup would sort of indicate that an LT4 car would run around 13.0 and and LT1 13.5-13.6. With a few mods, it could give stock LS cars fits. That's my kind of car. ;)

Last edited:
keith the lt4 from what i gather is an lt1 with some factory mods. it is factory rated at 330 hp as opposed to lt1's 300. both are rated at 340 lb. torque. the lt4 has slightly higher c.r. of 10.8 - 1, 1.6 roller rockers, higher lift longer duration cam and more overlap. also bigger valves and stiffer springs. i would guess that finding some with more output or performance is likely due to better exhaust and tuning. i'll bet the gm hot cam would wake it up even more !!! :D

If we bought anything, it would be a coupe. Dale burns to a crisp in the sun and we seldom have the top out on the car we have. There are two LT4 cars on Kijiji right now but both are convertibles and both want around $18K. That's into C5 territory and there were quite a few improvements in that evolution. Whatever, we're in no rush and may not buy anything. It just depends on what comes along. We were looking for over a year before buying the car we have. As Doug pointed out, there were a lot of changes to get that extra 30 hp. Even heavier valve springs to support the 6300 red line. For some reason, I just have a good feeling about that engine. :)

If we bought anything, it would be a coupe. Dale burns to a crisp in the sun and we seldom have the top out on the car we have. There are two LT4 cars on Kijiji right now but both are convertibles and both want around $18K. That's into C5 territory and there were quite a few improvements in that evolution. Whatever, we're in no rush and may not buy anything. It just depends on what comes along. We were looking for over a year before buying the car we have. As Doug pointed out, there were a lot of changes to get that extra 30 hp. Even heavier valve springs to support the 6300 red line. For some reason, I just have a good feeling about that engine. :)

Doug has it right on Keith in a c4 lt1 or lt4 is the most bang for the buck and a great looking car either way they rock and can be bought for the right price.

Kent

A couple years ago we had a guy come up from Estevan who had a 96 LT4 car with low mileage. The car was gorgeous!!!!! I think he wanted about 18 for it. I can't remember his name though... However, great cars!!!!

A bit late chiming in but I have not been online for a while. I own a 96 coupe LT4, searched for months for it and have only ever seen one other for sale in my area. I have the only one in my Vette club. They are kind of rare in this area. Seems to be a lot more in the US. In fact my care was originally sold in WA. Let me tell you, I have driven my share of Vette's and this one scares me. It is so responsive and eager to run high rpm, so glad it has RTD and huge brakes. I love it and doubt that I will part ways with it. It is a gem. If you find one buy it. You will not be disappointed. If you need any advise or have questions let me know.

Cheers, :driving::seeya:

The lt4 is a conventional small block Chevy that has revised, raised ports with intake to match, more compression I think, more cam and a few other tweaks. There are a couple on Kijiji for just under $18K. One of them had a buyer lined up and others in the wings if he backed out. The lineup fizzled and it is back on the market. Perhaps the lineup never existed in the first place. If I sense that they are playing games, I move on. There is a 2001 C5 with 77K km for $18. I'd be more inclined to buy the five year newer car when they are all the same price. Still looking though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread